Dr. Thomas P. Knecht, MD

Dr. Thomas P. Knecht, MD

Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism | Male | 61 years old

Endocrinology is a cognitive specialty; the only tools I use are my brain and my pen (well, my keyboard...electronic medical records and e-prescribing!). I try to take the time I deem necessary to think about the problems patients bring to me. This means bucking a system that tries to make doctors practice medicine like preparing a fast food hamburger - takes almost no time, but you get almost no quality. Be prepared for a longer visit with me than you are used to with typical physicians. I take the time to explain disease mechanisms, diagnoses, treatment, and monitoring, and to answer questions. The best informed patient tends to be the most involved in their own disease management, and ergo the happiest and healthiest.Read more

Central Coast Endocrinology & Diabetes
116 S Palisade Dr Ste 301
Santa Maria, CA 93454 Get Directions

Dr. Knecht's Experience

See how Dr. Knecht's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Knecht

Dr. Knecht accepts 5 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 1 hospitals where Dr. Knecht has admitting privileges.

Hospital Quality Awards

Experience with Dr. Knecht
Dr. Knecht's Office & Staff
    10 – 15 minutes (10)
Morro Bay, CA |
Dr. Knecht seemed knowledgeable and pleasant when I saw him however: he charges extra $ to justify his prescription to the insurance company and when I tried to cancel an appointment for tomorrow when they called me today, it was "too late, there will be a $100 charge for missing it". Kind of seems like they waited until there was less than 24 hours left, then made the call. Not a huge fan of their front office demeanor.
in CA |
I saw Thomas Knecht (Endocrinologist) this week and had a great experience. He was not only knowledgeable but very patient and a great listener. He truly cares about his patients and it shows; I highly recommend him. His staff is as friendly and patient as him. THUMBS UP!
in Los Osos, CA |
Dr. Knecht diagnosed my POT Syndrome when many other local physicians/specialists told me I was healthy despite extreme symptoms of fatigue, faintness, tachycardia, etc. He is so personable, informative and knowledgeable--really an outstanding endocrinologist.
in Santa Maria, CA |
Unfortunately I had have bad experience with his office staff. I'm an older person and it's hard for me as an elderly to understand certain things. His office staff is really rude and has made me feel really sad because i see that they don't have any patient with their clients. I thought that the office staff is there to help you but sadly they don't. Unfortunately there are no other doctors that specializes in Endocrinology in Santa Maria to switch.
Have you seen Dr. Thomas P. Knecht, MD?
Are you Dr. Knecht?

Dr. Knecht's Care Philosophy

Dr. Knecht says...

• diabetes, types 1 & 2
  • thyroid dysfunction & nodules
  • disorders of calcium metabolism and parathyroid disease
  • metabolic bone disease
  • disorders of the pituitary
  • neuroendocrine diseases
  • adrenal dysfunction & nodules
  • male & female disorders of the gonadal hormone axes
  • others not listed

Dr. Knecht says...

• thyroid ultrasound
  • ultrasound-guided fine needle aspiration biopsy of the thyroid

Dr. Knecht's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism

Dr. Knecht has no media or publications listed.

No malpractice history found for California.

Why It Matters: Dr. Knecht's Board Certifications

• Hypopituitarism
  • Hypothyroidism
  • Lipid Disorders
  • Malaise and Fatigue
  • Menstrual Disorders (incl. Dysmenorrhea)
  • Overweight

Graduated in 1979

• Other Education
    Ucsd School Of Medicine-Phd In Physiology and Pharmacology

Completed in 1988

Dr. Knecht does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Knecht and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism