Dr. Thomas M. Kerr, MD

Dr. Thomas M. Kerr, MD

Vascular Surgery | Male | 60 years old

Tampa Vascular Surgeon, Dr. Thomas Kerr has dedicated his life to the field of vascular surgery and the study of venous disorders in order to deliver the best results and care for his patients. He has improved the health and has saved the lives of thousands of patients suffering from venous insufficiency, peripheral arterial disease, carotid artery disease, aortic aneurysms and all other life-threatening vascular and arterial disorders. Dr. Kerr has performed every kind of vascular surgery ranging from simple varicose vein removal to complex emergency vascular surgery. Education & Training Vascular specialist, Dr. Kerr earned his medical degree from Temple University, and then completed his internship and general surgery residency at Temple University Hospital. Dr. Kerr became one of the acclaimed Kachelmacher Memorial Research Fellows, and studied under Dr. John J. Cranley, published original research and lectured on vascular topics. Dr. Kerr also completed a fellowship in vascular surgery at Good Samaritan Hospital, in Cincinnati. Then, after being awarded a traveling fellowship from the Society for Clinical Vascular Surgery, Dr. Kerr traveled to Europe to further his training with world-renowned vascular surgeons. Certifications & Expertise In addition to becoming a Board Certified Vascular Surgeon and a fellow of the American College of Surgeons, Dr. Kerr also became a board certified physician in vascular interpretation (RPVI). With so many certifications in his name, and after being one of the few vein doctors who have passed four separate board examinations, Dr. Kerr has become one of the top vascular surgeons in Spring Hill, Florida and in the Country. Dr. Kerr has authored multiple book chapters, has co-authored a book on vascular disease, and has had multiple peer-reviewed articles on venous disease published in respected medical journals. He is also a Clinical Associate Professor of Surgery at the University of South Florida. Awards & Memberships All his dedication and specialized studies of venous disorders has allowed him to become one of the first recipients of the American Venous Forum Research Foundation Award for Studies in Venous Diseases, and a recipient of the Taylor-Caswell Teaching Award from Temple University. After all his accomplishments and awards in the medical field, Dr. Kerr has earned the honor and prestige to be: Elected by peers to The Society of Vascular Surgeons A member of The Society of Clinical Vascular Surgeons A member of the American Association of Vascular Surgery One of a handful of members from the State of Florida in the American Venous Forum A member of the International Society of Endovascular Specialists After reading Dr. Kerr's career accomplishments, you probably already know that you can put all your trust in such an experienced and world-renowned vascular surgeon when it comes to your vein and arterial problems. To schedule a consultation with Board Certified Vascular Surgeon, Thomas Kerr, here at The Vein and Vascular Institute of Tampa Bay, give us a call at (813) 377-2773. Read more

Vein & Vascular Institute
2809 W Waters Ave
Tampa, FL 33614 Get Directions

Learn about this Doctor

Our practice, unlike others in the Tampa area, has the ability to diagnose and treat the entire vascular system. This not only includes state of the art treatment of spider and varicose veins but other arterial or lymphatic diseases as well. We are the only practice in the Tampa Bay area that completely focuses on the vascular system as a whole instead of just one part. Unlike most practices, we are also uniquely trained and experienced to offer all forms of diagnosis and therapy. Our state-of-the-art Nationally Accredited Vascular Laboratory was built for the purpose of diagnosing and treating venous and arterial disease. It is one of only a few in the state that is a nationally accredited vascular laboratory. At the Vein and Vascular Institute of Tampa Bay we have the most advanced technologies available anywhere, such as the Philips EnVisor HD system for color duplex ultrasound which is used to accurately and painlessly detect and diagnose all venous and arterial diseases.Read more

Personal Bio

Dr. Kerr's Experience

99Experience
Match

See how Dr. Kerr's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Kerr

Dr. Kerr accepts 30 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 7 hospitals where Dr. Kerr has admitting privileges.

Hospital Quality Awards

Experience with Dr. Kerr
Dr. Kerr's Office & Staff
    Under 10 minutes (56)
Dr. Kerr Says:

With over 20 years in practice, at The Vein and Vascular Institute of Tampa Bay our primary goal and mission is to make sure that our patients are receiving the best possible care available anywhere.

We love to hear from our patients about how our vascular surgery services have helped to improve their lives.

We would greatly appreciate it if you could take a minute of your time to rate...

in Tampa, FL |
My experience with Dr Kerr has been exceptional. I've had two vein ablation procedures at the Waters location. Dr. Kerr and his staff are always kind, very professional, and efficient. Dr. Kerr lets you know exactly what to expect and you are in and out and done. I highly recommend Dr Kerr, if you are in need of this procedure.
in Lutz, FL |
Dr. Kerr has a great disposition and is readily available to answer all my questions and concerns. He truly knows Veins! Wonderful staff. They were informative as well as courteous.
in Tampa, FL |
Dr. kerr was a good doctor. He treated me multiple times. Every visit I went he treated me with the best care. His employees make you feel good and they take care of you. The reason I haven 't gone back is because I got very feed up with myself. I have no complaint I iwould recommend him anytime. He is a very nice and sweet person.
in Brooksville, FL |
Dr Kerr is one of the most caring and skillful doctors that I have ever been treated by. He performed carotid artery surgery on me several years ago. What impressed me most, aside from his surgical skill, was that his care leading up to the surgery was magnificent. After monitoring the blockage for a couple of years, he finally advised that I have the surgery. There was always a feeling of his care and commitment to my well being. He never pressured me, but advised me with his concern for me.
in Tampa, FL |
Dr. Kerr is a great doctor with a great staff. They're very attentive and made me feel comfortable. They all talk you through everything during the procedure so you know what to expect. This is my second procedure due to bad leaky veins. My first leg is so much better!! No pain, itchiness or bulging and my bad diseased veins are gone. I am very pleased with the results.
in Tampa, FL |
My experience was exceptional. Dr Kerr was very kind and patient in answering all of my questions. All through the procedure he would ask if I was OK. I appreciated his concern for my well being. ......The staff was very efficient and courteous. I would, and have, recommended Dr Kerr to friends and family. If I need him in the future, I would feel very comfortable going to him again. Thank you Dr Kerr and staff for all you do the insure the health of many.
in Tampa, FL |
Dr. Kerr and his staff are the best of the best. My treatment was perfect and I am so happy with my results. I would and have recommended Dr. Kerr to my family/friends. Thank you so much Dr. Kerr!!
Have you seen Dr. Thomas M. Kerr, MD?
Are you Dr. Kerr?