Dr. Thomas Jensen, MD

PsychiatryMaleAge 61

Dr. Jensen
5755 Oberlin Dr Ste 301 San Diego, CA 92121

Dr. Thomas Jensen, MD is a Psychiatry Specialist in San Diego, CA. He is accepting new patients. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Jensen to book an appointment.

Healthgrades Provider Compare™

Quickly compare more Psychiatry Specialists in your area

• Explains Conditions Well
    Patients said this doctor explains conditions well. See reviews
  • Trustworthy
    Patients said this doctor is trustworthy. See reviews

No malpractice claims found for California

Check Dr. Jensen's experience treating your condition or procedure

Dr. Jensen's Top Procedures and Conditions

Psychological Evaluation

Dr. Jensen performs Psychological Evaluation more than 80% of his peers

Psychiatric Evaluation - Child and Adolescent

Dr. Jensen performs Psychiatric Evaluation - Child and Adolescent more than 80% of his peers

Dementia or Depression Screening

• Alcohol or Substance Misuse Screening and Counseling
  • Bipolar Disorder
  • Dementia or Depression Screening
  • Depressive Disorders
  • Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
  • Panic Disorder
  • Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
  • Psychiatric Diseases

Dr. Jensen's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Jensen

4.0

Dr. Jensen

Dr. Jensen has changed our family's life. Our child, who we adopted out of foster care and has serious attachment difficulties, impulse control issues, and Tourette's Syndrome, is now seeing Dr. Jensen for medication management. He has been able to identify a mix of medications that has really improved his mood, his behavior at home, and at school. His reactivity to requests or corrections has really changed. He is able to take feedback in a way that is more calm. He's still a teenager, but we can actually talk to him, and he even will express affection, appreciation and sometimes even admit he was wrong! This is a big deal for all of us. Dr. Jensen is also easy to reach by email or phone and is very responsive and reliable. Probably most importantly, our 14 year-old actually doesn't mind talking to him! Five stars for Dr. Jensen.
Mom in San Diego – Jun 08, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Thomas Jensen, MD?
I had an excellent experience being treated by Dr. Jensen for panic and anxiety. Prior to seeing him, I had started having panic attacks many times a day, had lost a lot of weight, was unable able to get quality sleep, and felt completely hopeless. At my first appointment, Dr. Jensen’s calming bedside manner, humorous attitude, knowledgable answers to all my questions, and assurances that I would get better gave me my first glimmer of hope. The treatments prescribed by him were effective and worked how he said they would. He was exceptionally good at setting my expectations when starting a new medication so a side effect never caught me by surprise. He always responded very quickly to emailed questions with helpful answers, which made me feel cared for in between appointments. Dr. Jensen’s care in conjunction with therapy helped me get my life back. I’m now no longer on any medications. I cannot recommend Dr. Jensen highly enough to anyone suffering from anxiety or panic.
Kevin – Oct 28, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Thomas Jensen, MD?
Dr. Jensen is incredibly attentive, understanding, and professional. I highly recommend Dr. Jensen to anyone looking for a psychiatrist that will help them attain the healthy, balanced, and productive life that they've been looking for. His support and treatment helped me immediately.
Oct 18, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Thomas Jensen, MD?
There are not enough words in the world to adequately express how wonderful this man is! I suffered for at least 12 years with undiagnosed bipolar disorder. I went to multiple doctors during that time and only Dr. Jensen was able to help me. Had I found him sooner, I believe I would have made very different choices in my life and it would have saved me years of unnecessary torment and hell. I'm now properly medicated and getting my life back on track. Thank you Dr. Jensen for saving me!
Nicole in Carlsbad, California – Feb 18, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Thomas Jensen, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Jensen?

I provide personalized service. I schedule my own patients and generally take my own call. I have no employees therefore I require payment at the time...Read more

I graduated from UCLA medical school, did my internship at UCSD, my adult psychiatry residency at UCSD and my Child Fellowship.  I practiced in Maine...Read more

• Psychiatry