Dr. Thomas Hughes, MD

Dr. Thomas Hughes, MD

Internal Medicine  ·
Dr. Thomas Hughes, MD is an internal medicine specialist in Louisville, KY and has been practicing for 23 years. He graduated from University Of Illinois College Of Medicine Chicago in 1992 and specializes in internal medicine.Read his story

8442 Dixie Hwy

Louisville, KY 40258

Learn about Dr. Hughes

Dr. Hughes' Experience

Dr. Hughes' experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Internal Medicine
  • Sanctions found
  • Board actions found

Dr. Hughes' bio

This content was provided by Dr. Hughes "I was born in Evanston,IL. My father and brother are both physicians. I went to Stanford University and received a Bachelors Degree in Biology. I attended University of Illinois, at Chicago for medical school while also joining the Army. I went to Tripler Army Medical Center in Hawaii for Residency. I was a Captain as a resident and then I became a Major a few years later. After Residency, I chose to work at Ft Knox at the Ireland Army Medical Hospital. I was Chief of Medicine. I met my wife in 1995 and was discharged from the Army in 1999. I moved to Louisville and have worked in Private Practice and the Veteran's Administration. I was most recently worked for Norton Hospital at a Community Medical Clinic. I have joined Dr Nair 7/2017 and am very happy working on the South End of Louisville. I have been a Internist for 25 years. I thoroughly enjoy working with patients and hope to continue treating patients for many more years."

This content was provided by Dr. Hughes " I care deeply about the success of my patients. I will provide the most comprehensive and high level treatment possible. My $99 per visit allows me to avoid the restraints of the Insurance companies who have hijacked our medical system. I do not see as many patients as physicians using insurance companies. As a result, I have more time to provide great medical care. I will never rush in and out of the exam room in 5 minutes and only briefly speak to you. We will review all of your medical issues and assure that you get everything you need in that appointment. Your medical problems are obviously very important to you and I want to show you how important they are to me. I can see you for an appointment quickly such as same day or next day. There is no waiting months to get an appointment."

Dr. Hughes does not have any board certifications listed.

• Cholesterol Screening
  • Osteoporosis Screening
  • Sexually Transmitted Infections Screening
  • Thyroid Screening
  • Trichomoniasis Screening

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Kentucky.

1 Sanction
  • Substance Abuse (3/7/2017)
    Action Taken: License Restricted
    State: Kentucky
  • Substance Abuse (2/28/2018)
    Action Taken: Amended Order
    State: Kentucky
  • Substance Abuse (5/18/2017)
    Action Taken: Amended Order

• Tripler Army Medical Center
    Internship Hospital | Completed 1993
  • Tripler Army Medical Center
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1995

Dr. Hughes has no awards or honors listed.

Dr. Hughes has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Hughes does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Hughes and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Hughes' Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Hughes

4.0

Dr. Hughes?
Dr. Hughes' Performance

How was your experience with Dr. Hughes?