Dr. Thomas Hughes, MD
Contact provider for availability

Dr. Thomas Hughes, MD

Neurology | Male

Tidewater Neurology 1483 Tobias Gadson Blvd Ste 103 Charleston, SC 29407 Get Directions

Dr. Thomas Hughes, MD is a neurology doctor who practices in Charleston, SC. He is 51 years old and has been practicing for 25 years. Dr. Hughes is affiliated with East Cooper Medical Center.

Dr. Hughes' Experience

See how Dr. Hughes' experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Hughes

Check out the quality of care at the 1 hospitals where Dr. Hughes has admitting privileges.

Dr. Hughes' Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Hughes to family and friends
2.1
Dr. Hughes' Performance
in Charleston, SC |
Saw Dr. Hughes today for first time after coming off of a very serious (apparently only to me) visit to the stroke unit at MUSC. I waited for an hour, no apology, and he asked me for details about that happened. He continuously interrupted me and I finally asked him to tell me what he wanted me to say. He was argumentative, condescending, arrogant and completely dismissive of the severity of what I had gone through. He did admit that he lacks communication skills which was too little too late.
in Wadmalaw Island |
At an 8.30 appt. eventually seen by nurse practitioner-no apology for wait- not Hughes as expected. She was useless. I will not be back.
Johns Island, SC |
Dr Hughe's is arrogant, rude, and condescending. He would talk over me while I tried to explain my symptoms and laughed when I became so frustrated that I started to cry. This man has no place seeing patients or practicing medicine!
in Charleston, SC |
While he is an excellent doctor, we only saw him the first time. Follow-up visits were with a Nurse Practitioner who repeated information from our previous visits, to include the same handouts we'd already received. She didn't address our questions and concerns. We've left phone messages that were not returned. It's impossible to reach a real person without going to the office itself. Unacceptable.
Gastonia, NC |
Exactly what the other reviews said. Dont go to this guy. Waited over 2 hours, he comes in like a freight train, no listening to my symptoms or checking anything about me, smug, arrogant, presumptuous, and will interrupt you AND keep talking over you while you try to explain why youre there. Also the nurses/staff could be a lot more discreet while discussing patients when they think they can't be heard
Charleston, SC |
I went to Dr. Hughes to help manage my chronic migraines,which increased once I moved to the Low Country. After several trials of medication we found one then teamed it with Botox injections. It helped but I was still having a fair amount of headaches. I did some research and he was not injecting enough. He never used the full amount that was brought into the room (and being charged to my insurance) When I questioned him about the recommended dose he became smug and defensive. Time for a new Dr.
90 minute wait, hurried, arrogant attitude, dismissive of my symptoms of severe neck pain. He never physically examined me. Tossed paper at me saying I was having migraines, then ordered an MRI and MRA of my brain and not my neck. No calls from him about results of tests. My GP said tests were excellent and I insisted on a cervical spine MRI. Results - 3 discs with no fluid, pinched nerve root, bulging disc and bent neck! This doctor does not earn the title - worst one ever! Deserves 0 stars
Have you seen Dr. Thomas Hughes, MD?
Are you Dr. Hughes?

Compare Dr. Hughes

}

Dr. Hughes' experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Neurology
  •  No board certification on record with Healthgrades
  •  Malpractice claims in South Carolina not available

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for South Carolina.

• Alzheimer's Disease
  • Essential Tremor
  • Hydrocephalus
  • Inflammatory and Toxic Neuropathy
  • Insomnia
  • Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
  • Myasthenia Gravis
  • Myoclonus
  • Narcolepsy and Cataplexy
  • Nerve Root Injury and Plexus Disorders (incl. Pinched Nerve)
  • Normal Pressure Hydrocephalus
  • Optic Neuritis
  • Parkinson's Disease
  • Parkinsonism
  • Polyneuropathy
  • Progressive Supranuclear Palsy (PSP)
  • Seizure Disorders
  • Sleep Disorders
  • Stroke
  • Syncope
  • Thrombosis
  • Transient Ischemic Attack (TIA)
  • Traumatic Brain Injury
  • Tremor
  • Trigeminal Neuralgia
  • Vertigo

Med Univ Of Sc Coll Of Med

Graduated in 1992

Dr. Hughes does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Hughes and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Neurology