Dr. Thomas Hudgins, MD

Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation ·  Male · Age 53

Dr. Hudgins

NorthShore Medical Group

2180 Pfingsten Rd # 2000 Glenview, IL 60026

Dr. Thomas Hudgins, MD is a physical medicine & rehabilitation specialist in Glenview, IL and has been practicing for 20 years. He graduated from The Warren Alpert Medical School Of Brown University in 1994 and specializes in physical medicine & rehabilitation and orthopedic surgery.

Dr. Hudgins accepts

Dr. Hudgins accepts the following insurance:

Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield
HealthLink PPO
Preferred PPO
Priority Health
Priority PPO

No malpractice claims found for Illinois

Check Dr. Hudgins' experience treating your condition or procedure

• Kidney Damage - Amyl Alcohol
  • Knee Dislocation
  • Knee Sprain
  • Kyphoplasty, Percutaneous
  • Lateral and Medial Epicondylitis (Tennis and Golf Elbow)
  • Leg Fracture Above Knee (incl. Hip)
  • Leg Fracture Below Knee (incl. Ankle)
  • Limb Cramp
  • Lumbar Spine Fracture
  • Lupus
  • Medial Collateral Ligament (MCL) Sprain
  • Muscle Pain
  • Myofascial Trigger Point Injection
  • Nerve Block, Somatic
  • Nerve Block, Sympathetic
  • Nerve Root Injury and Plexus Disorders (incl. Pinched Nerve)
  • Osteoarthritis of Ankle and Foot
  • Tibia and Fibula Fractures
  • Ulnar Neuropathy
  • Upper Back Pain
  • Viscosupplementation With Hyaluronate

Overuse injuries are the most common musculoskeletal complaints in the athletic and non athletic population.  As a Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation specialist I will diagnose, treat and manage acute joint, orthopedic and spine conditions to facilitate return to function in a timely manner. I treat a wide demographic of patients encompassing adolescents, adults, geriatrics.

• Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation

9.67741935483871%

Dr. Hudgins?
Dr. Hudgins' Performance
What People Say About Dr. Thomas Hudgins, MD
Efficient, to-the-point and friendly, he has been very helpful to me over the years.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Thomas Hudgins, MD?
he was supposed to give me a consult for a draining of my bursa. instead they changed the procedure to a rupturing or the bursa without my knowledge or consent. than when I tried to explain to the staff I have medical conditions that prevent me from doing this before he talks with my other drs to make sure I won't die during the procedure. Let alone that I have no idea what they want to do to me and they won't answer except to tell me either do it or don't. well i choose life ans will never see this dr or his people who could care less that they would of killed me
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Thomas Hudgins, MD?
He has no empathy or listening skills to the injury. He recommended cervical injections but said I could work full time without asking my job duties.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Thomas Hudgins, MD?
He made me feel awful about myself. I went to him to figure out ways to deal with my back and hip pain. He told me he doesn't know why I have back pain. Basically treated me like something off his shoe. I felt so disrespected and all he wanted to do what get out of the exam room. He was in the room for 2min. With me before telling me he wouldn't help figure out what was going on. It's sad, really. We are people and go to these doctors to try and get answers. He doesn't care about his patients.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Thomas Hudgins, MD?
I've been working with Dr. Hudgins for a number of years and have consistently had a poor experience. I usually have to wait for a long time after my scheduled appointment time. When he comes in, he never spends longer than 2 minutes with me. I don't feel that he takes the time to understand my issues as a person, but sees me as number.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Thomas Hudgins, MD?
I am also surprised by negative reviews.. I suspect maybe people not getting meds they want? I have had two injections by him and it worked great. He got me in quickly for the 2nd injection which was great. No problems with his office visit. visits are brief but I was not going to make a friend or hang out.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Thomas Hudgins, MD?
I am baffled by any negative review. Dr. Hudgins has been treating me for cervical and lumbar discs and chronic nerve pain and has been absolutely outstanding his cl clinical diagnosis and treatment. He is very busy precisely because he is an excellent doctor, and if his answers are short, it is because he is certain of his diagnosis. He responds to every email and concern promptly and I have many. If you can get an appointment, you are lucky!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Thomas Hudgins, MD?
Acted as if it was a bother to even treat me. Never checked history nor listened to my needs
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Thomas Hudgins, MD?
Got is name from my primary care physician and he was able to diagnose the problem and set me on the right course. Finally pain free, I appreciate his diligence and persistence.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Thomas Hudgins, MD?
I waited almost 2 months for an appointment with this doctor. His assistant spent maybe 20 minutes collecting my information. When the doctor finally came in, he told me that there is nothing he can do to help me. That is all. Go see a rheumatologist. How cold can one be? I’d skip this guy and find someone who cares.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Thomas Hudgins, MD?
I was hoping to see if I could avoid surgery and sought Dr Hudgin’s advice regarding several issues with neck. After trying out cortisone shots and other methods we realized surgery would be the best thing for me. I appreciated his kind and thorough attention and the fact that he provided a more objective view prior to taking the big step of surgery.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Thomas Hudgins, MD?
Pinpointed the problem after numerous unsuccessful visits to other physicans. Runs on time too.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Thomas Hudgins, MD?
Not sure what the other reviews are about... I saw Dr. Hudgins for a herniated disc. He spent a lot of time with me. He was kind, answered my many questions. I did get a cortisone epidural with him and he was great through the whole procedure. I continue to see him and he's wonderful.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Thomas Hudgins, MD?
Having dealt with back pain for 2 years, Dr. Hudgins spent all of 10 minutes with me. Filling out the paperwork took longer. He recommended an epidural, which did not work. I reacted poorly, fainted, and the Dr. was nowhere to be found. I requested a standing desk at work, requiring a doctors note, that he refused to write, despite my pain being worse when sitting. Ultimately, Dr. Hudgins recommended taking 4 Aleve for the rest of my life. I'm so glad I paid $$$ for that diagnosis. 500 charact
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Thomas Hudgins, MD?
Had a bad feeling when I met him. But I was desperate so I let him inject cortisone into my lower back. That day he paid no attention to me didn't even tell me what he was doing through the procedure. The cortisone did not work I went back for a follow-up and he said go home and do your exercises and prescribe painkillers for me.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Thomas Hudgins, MD?
My internist told me there was only one to see on the North Shore and he lives up to the hype. Spent time with me and determined the cause of my pain, an unexpected source. I am back on track now and so grateful.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Thomas Hudgins, MD?
worst experience with this Dr. went to see him for constant back and shoulder pain for him to only see me about 15 minutes and told me I move to well and he could do a MRI of my shoulder but wasn't going to. been dealing with this for 6 months now. told me to go back to my dr, to be referred to a homeopathic dr.which my pcp referred me to him in the first place. told me there's nothing he can do for me. went to see someone else and found out I have a complete tear of my shoulder. never again!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Thomas Hudgins, MD?
If I could give him a zero I would. He does not listen, did not read my history, refused to correct a problem a nurse made that left me vulnerable and needing ER visit. Did not follow through with the contract he had signed regarding best practices by him and his staff. He is incompetent under emergency situations. No problem solving skills, ZERO ability to listen and trust the patient. He assumed drugseeking without reading history or talking with ANYONE who was familiar with my case.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Thomas Hudgins, MD?
Very unprofessional doctor, not listening patient and not giving any advice how to solve a problem. The only thing he knows how to do it is epidural injection !!!!!!! He does not even care where the main pain coming from!!!!! Epidural injection in your neck without any explanation !!!! Do not trust this doctor!!!!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Thomas Hudgins, MD?
Found him though a magazine that rated him one of the best in Chicago, I'd concur, he found the origin of my pain, it wasn't as simple as a disc herniation as other doctors were suggesting.
Show more reviews

How was your experience with Dr. Hudgins?