Dr. Thomas Heffernan, MD

Gynecology ·  Male · Age 43

Dr. Heffernan

North Texas Gynecologic Oncology

12200 Park Central Dr Ste 410 Dallas, TX 75251

Dr. Thomas Heffernan, MD is a gynecology specialist in Dallas, TX and has been practicing for 18 years. He graduated from University Of Miami / School Of Medicine in 2001 and specializes in gynecology and oncology.

Dr. Heffernan accepts

Dr. Heffernan accepts the following insurance:

Assurant Health
MedHealthInsurance
Medicaid
Medico
Mutual of Omaha

No malpractice claims found for Texas

Check Dr. Heffernan's experience treating your condition or procedure

• Anal and Rectal Cancer
  • Anal Disorders
  • Anemia
  • Anemia and Iron Deficiency Screening
  • Arterial Blood Gas Test (ABG)
  • Asymptomatic Post-Menopausal Status
  • Cervical Polyps
  • Cervicitis
  • Cholesterol Screening
  • Chronic Lymphocytic Leukemia
  • Coagulation Disorders (incl. Hemophilia)
  • Colon and Rectal Surgery
  • Colorectal Cancer
  • Colpopexy
  • Colporrhaphy
  • Colporrhaphy With Robotic Assistance
  • Colposcopy
  • Destruction or Excision of Lesion of Cervix (incl. LEEP)
  • Destruction or Excision of Vaginal Lesions
  • Fecal Occult Blood Test for Colorectal Cancer
  • Female Infertility
  • Gynecologic Cancer
  • Hemorrhoids
  • HPV (Human Papillomavirus)
  • Hypercoagulable State
  • Lymph Node Biopsy or Excision
  • Lymphadenectomy With Robotic Assistance
  • Mediastinal Tumors, Malignant
  • Menopausal and Postmenopausal Disorders
  • Menstrual Disorders (incl. Dysmenorrhea)
  • Myomectomy - Open and-or Laparoscopic
  • Ovarian Cancer
  • Ovarian Cysts
  • Pancytopenia
  • Pap Smear Abnormalities
  • Pelvic Exenteration (For: Gynecologic, Urinary, or Colorectal Malignancy)
  • Perimenopause
  • Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome
  • Pregnancy Test
  • Primary Hypercoagulable State (incl. Factor V Leiden Disease)
  • Rh Incompatibility Screening
  • Salpingo-Oophorectomy With Robotic Assistance
  • Secondary Malignancies
  • Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STDs)
  • Small Intestine Cancer

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Heffernan

Dr. Heffernan?
Dr. Heffernan's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Thomas Heffernan, MD
Dr. Thomas Heffernan saved my life. I cannot say more posative things about this man and how wonderful he is as a doctor and a person. I was in a position where I had no way of getting medical treatment for a huge sist on my ovairy and had been in constant pain. I was misarable for years and did not know what to do or where to turn. In the past I had had a couple of treatments and surgery for the same issues with no posative outcome, but more pain that would just return and increase. Dr. Heffernan was the only person and still is the only person I trust to help me get better, my trust In doctors was ultametly destroyed due to horrible past experiences. Thank you Dr Heffernan for being a wonderful person and doctor! I recommend 100%+ I cannot say enough to encourage you to go to him if you are in need of a doctor in his field.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Thomas Heffernan, MD?
Dr. Heffernan is the best ever!!! Cancer is scary, Dr. Heffernan has made me feel so secure and informed along my 3 year journey. He has an amazing bedside manner, serious when he needs to be but knows when to keep it light. He is patient during my time with him and never rushed to answer any of my questions (even if it is silly or not).
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Thomas Heffernan, MD?
I was diagnose with uterus cancer (grade 1) was referred to Dr. Heffernan'' he got right to the point and gave me his recommendations which was a hysterectomy, we set it up , did the surgery, and with the good lord's help did a overnight stay & was able to go home.. no chemo , no radiation, I was blessed... Dr. Heffernan knew what he was doing, was kind , got right to the point , the waiting wasn't too long.. He knew is stuff..I would definitely recommend him ....Biospy O.K.. & I'M CANCER FREE
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Thomas Heffernan, MD?
will never recommend. disappointing, this doctor had not seen one medical record or pathology report and proceeded to tell me because i have problems with insomnia, that i was bi-polar and that i probably never had endometriosis ( i have had 9 lap surgeries done in the past, it has been confirmed every time) he wanted to put me on antidepressents and then told me if i was to have a hysterectomy that my mortality rate would go up, that i could develop Parkinson's, or Alzheimer's. he is a jerk
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Thomas Heffernan, MD?
I can’t say enough positives about Dr. Heffernan. I was referred following diagnosis of several very large fibroid tumors which were impacting my fertility. Dr. Heffernan expertly explained my options for fibroid removal and the challenges of my specific case. I went into surgery being prepared for complications (all explained in detail) but ended up having an uncomplicated procedure due to Dr. Heffernan’s exceptional surgical skill. Throughout his bedside manner has been kind and accessible.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Thomas Heffernan, MD?
I was diagnosed with an enormous pelvic cyst with extensive adhesions to sigmoid colon. It was an extremely challenging and complex surgery which Dr. Heffernan successfully managed to perform in orderly fashion with utmost care. He also saved one of my ovaries. He was awesome to address each of my questions and was very nice with all his explanations. He is one of the topmost doctors in robotic surgery, you will be in best hand for sure. His whole staff and nurse were cordial.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Thomas Heffernan, MD?
I have been battling with tumors for years. I met Dr. Heffernan and he was awesome at explaining what was going on with my tumors. Surgery was a must. Dr. Heffernan reassured me, I would be ok. I had the surgery and he did and amazing job. He got out all the tumors and I was cancer free. Dr.Heffernan helps patients with and without cancer. Dr.Heffernan's whole staff and nurse was wonderful. I was so blessed with these amazing people who helped me in so many ways. Thank you. Many blessings.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Thomas Heffernan, MD?
He is very thorough in explaining what the issues are & the recommended suggested procedures. A very considerate & likable doctor.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Thomas Heffernan, MD?
I am a nurse in the operating room (at a different hospital) and chose Dr. Heffernan because of his excellent reputation. My case was complicated and I could not trust anyone else to perform my surgery. He is a highly skilled robotic surgeon and made what I thought would be impossible, possible. He is also very knowledgeable and has a perfect bedside manner. Dr. Heffernan is AMAZING and I cannot say enough great things about him!!!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Thomas Heffernan, MD?
I'm a patient of Dr Heffernan since 2015; he performed my hysterectomy followed by chemo; I am very grateful for everything he has done and continues to do. He has saved my life and although my treatment is not complete, he gives me and my family support and motivation to keep going. He is very knowledgeable in his specialty and would recommend him 100% to anyone seeking gynecologic/oncology. His medical team and support are wonderful! You know you are in the best care with Dr Heffernan.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Thomas Heffernan, MD?
Had a robotic total hysterectomy and was totally amazed with the care given by Dr. Heffernan and his staff. Luckily, there was no cancer....but if there had been, I know they would have given the best care ever!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Thomas Heffernan, MD?
Dr. Heffernan is a God send! That's not a cliche'. I was referred to him for a large mass behind my uterus and ovaries. Cancer being foremost in our mind, he put our fear to rest. The mass had to come out, so when given options for removal, what made such a difference was that Dr. Heffernan said his ability to perform surgery using the DaVinci method is his calling. I am living proof that it is. In less than 2 weeks post surgery, I feel great! My husband and I highly recommend him. God bless!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Thomas Heffernan, MD?
Dr Heffernan exceeds my high expectations that I expect from a doctor. Dr Heffernan takes the time to answer all questions you have (I had many!!) and he does it so pleasantly. His expertise, caring, skills, etc cannot be beat!! Being that I needed surgery, I am so thankful that I was able to use Dr Heffernan. Everything went better than I could have hoped and recovery has been great because of Dr Heffernan!! I cannot brag about Dr Heffernan enough! You cannot put yourself in better hands.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Thomas Heffernan, MD?
Dr. Heffernan performed a Da Vinci Hysterectomy on my mother in late 2015 after being diagnosed with ovarian cancer. Him and his staff took amazing care of my mother and now thanks to them she is healthy and better than ever. His team exceeded our expectations with how caring they were and scheduling the surgery and going threw that process was a breeze. I can't thank him and his team enough! I highly recommend him.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Thomas Heffernan, MD?
Dr. Heffernan performed a myomectomy on me in Jan 2012 and a hysterectomy on me in Nov 2016; both surgeries were successful da Vinci robotic-assisted surgeries. Dr. Heffernan is an outstanding doctor who has proven to be a miracle worker. If you do your research you will find that he is the best doctor for these type of robotic-assisted surgeries in Texas (and in all of the US if you ask me)! I am forever grateful for the care I received from Dr. Heffernan.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Thomas Heffernan, MD?
AFTER GOING THROUGH TREATMENT FOR ER+, PR+ AND HER2+ BREAST CANCER, AND REALIZING MY UTERUS WAS STILL PRODUCING ESTROGEN, I HAD ELECTED TO DO A COMPLETE HYST. THE ENTIRE OFFICE MADE ME FEEL SPECIAL, AND AT EASE. ESPECIALLY DR HEFFERNAN. I AM SOOO GLAD I CHOSE HIM!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Thomas Heffernan, MD?
I am so thankful that I was referred to Dr. Thomas Heffernan. He is professional, knowledgeable and caring.Office staff are great and helpful.Thank you Dr. Heffernan for being there for me!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Thomas Heffernan, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Heffernan?

Check the quality of care at hospitals where Dr. Heffernan treats patients.