Dr. Thomas Gross, MD

Dr. Thomas Gross, MD

Orthopedic Surgery  |
Dr. Thomas Gross, MD is an orthopedic surgery doctor who practices in Columbia, SC. He is 57 years old and has been practicing for 32 years.

1910 Blanding St

Columbia, SC 29201

Learn about Dr. Gross

See how frequently Dr. Gross performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Osteoarthritis of Hip and Thigh
Osteoarthritis of Hip
Hip Resurfacing

Dr. Gross's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

Accredited by: American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery*

• Achilles Tendinitis
  • Ankylosing Spondylitis
  • Arthritis of the Elbow
  • Baker’s Cyst
  • Complications of Joint Prosthesis
  • Enthesopathy of Knee (incl. Bursitis of Knee)
  • Femur Fracture
  • Gout
  • Hip Fracture
  • Internal Derangement of Knee
  • Knee Dislocation
  • Leg Fracture Above Knee (incl. Hip)
  • Non-Unions and Malunions of Fractures

• Knee Replacement Revision
  • Knee Surgery
  • Knee and Leg Fracture and Dislocation Treatment
  • Knee and Lower Leg Fracture Treatment, Open

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for South Carolina.

• Johns Hopkins University School Of Medicine
    Medical School | Graduated 1985
  • Johns Hopkins Hospital

Dr. Gross has no media or publications listed.

• International Congress for Joint Reconstruction, Member

Dr. Gross' Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Gross to family and friends
Dr. Gross' Performance
in St Augustine, FL |
I had my first hip resurfacing in 2006 and the other in 2014. I was 56 and 64. Both experiences were excellent with Dr. Gross & Lee Webb. I am pain-free since the operations & have had no negative issues. I had the first hip done in the hospital and the second at their surgery center. I liked the ease of having it done at the surgery center the best. I absolutely recommend Dr. Gross. I lived 2 states away but these were my hips & I entrusted them to the BEST surgeon in the country.
Waco, TX |
Dr Gross is a physician's physician . He is dedicated to performing Hip Resurfacing. Without his skill, the alternative for me was not acceptable for my age or lifestyle I am very grateful to Dr. Gross and his staff for their care resurfacing my right hip 3 years ago and my left hip 6 weeks ago If you have the ability to see him for treatment, consider yourself very fortunate
in Chapin, SC |
Dr. Gross did a hip resurfacing on me. I was back at work in two weeks with no pain and no cane or crutches. I wish I had gone to him long before I did. Five stars are not enough. He deserves at least 10 or 15! Follow up with Lee Webb is equally rated!
in Canonsburg, PA |
I had been living in pain for two years. I am now 7 weeks post op right hip resurfacing, walking over 2 miles a day, pain free! Dr. Gross, Lee Webb, Nancy and the rest of the Midlands Orthopaedic team have truly restored the quality of my life. Rosanna Milley
in San Antonio, TX |
Dr Gross Is meticulous in his work. He is driven by the data, by science. He and his staff are also respectful of the patient, down to earth, and good at communicating. He is very transparent about his procedures and policies, even the financial ones. Every encounter with a doctor should be like this..
in Greer, SC |
Dr. Gross re-surfaced each of my hips six weeks apart, in his outpatient center in Columbia, S.C.. I've worked in medicine as an ICU and recovery room nurse for 20+ years so I've had the opportunity to see the results of hundreds of surgeries, and to witness many of the problems that stem from orthopaedic surgery ( especially problems with mal-alignments ). Dr. Gross is the doctor's DOCTOR. Those who KNOW, go to Dr. Gross when it comes to their own operation ( 4 of us ). He's the EXPERT !!
in Athens, AL |
My daughter is an Occupational and Physical Therapist and knew about hip resurfacing. She suggested the procedure because I had developed a limp and regularly had hip pain as the causation. Found Dr. Thomas Gross on the internet, learned that he was THE leader in this specialization. Sent x-rays and made all the preliminaries, then traveled about 7 or 8 hours to have outpatient surgery. It went great, can't say enough about the entire process. A very special thanks to Dr. Gross, Lee and Nancy!!!
Lexington, SC |
Dr Gross, Took a great deal of time explaining operation. Operation was life changing! Best regards, Dave
in Hickory, NC |
He spent a significant amount of time with me before and after my total knee replacement November 2015. He even came to the hotel to check on me before he released me after surgery. I was able to walk without crutches within the week and up to 2 miles within 10 days after my surgery. He did a great job!
in Columbia, SC |
Dr. Gross, his Nurse Practioner Lee Webb, are both professional and knowledgeable, willing to listen to questions/concerns, and address any items discussed. Surgery went well with no nausea experienced by me, and had well-controlled pain level.
Have you seen Dr. Thomas Gross, MD?
Are you Dr. Gross?