Dr. Thomas Gross, MD

GastroenterologyMaleAge 66

Telehealth services available

New Patient

Current Patient

Dr. Thomas Gross, MD is a Gastroenterology Specialist in Danville, IN. Dr. Gross has more experience with Esophageal Disorders, Gastrointestinal Disorders, and Anal & Rectal Disorders than other specialists in his area. He is affiliated with medical facilities Hendricks Regional Health and Putnam County Hospital. He is accepting new patients and has indicated that he accepts telehealth appointments. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Gross to book an appointment.

Thomas Gross, M.D. Private Practice

New Patient?
Thomas L. Gross MD PC33 Meadow Dr Danville, IN 46122

Hospital Highlight

Dr. Gross is affiliated with Hendricks Regional Health Danville, a highly rated hospital.

• Practices at Top Hospital Outstanding Patient Experience Award™ See hospitals

More Gastroenterology Specialists at Hendricks Regional Health

Dr. Gross' Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Gross

3.1

Dr. Gross?
  • Appointment scheduling (26)
  • Difficult to schedule appointment (11)
I have had excellent care over the years. I can see him any time even on weekends. Had many endoscopes. The only fault he has is that he he has too many patients. He can be late on procedures, but, that's due to other patient emergencies. He does listen, and visits after every procedure. I couldn't think of going anyone else.
Dan Holmes – Dec 09, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Thomas Gross, MD?
I've had several colonoscopies performed by Dr. Gross. I've never had any problems. He was the only Doctor who helped me with my irritable bowel syndrome. He has never performed unnecessary tests on me. Have been happy with his staff, care and demeanor. His office is no frills. I'm OK with that.
Aug 09, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Thomas Gross, MD?
First time visit, first appointment of the day , he was 45 late! Then he would ask a question and I would try to give answer but he would interrupt me and say” I don’t need to hear about any of that( that was other medical issues I was having)! Then after he heard I took a prescription that he didn’t approve of (phenegan), he DISMISSES me and says No Charge, closed his computer and walked out!!
  • Difficult to schedule appointment
  • Staff wasn't friendly
  • Long wait times
  • Appointment was rushed
  • Didn't listen or answer questions
  • Didn't explain conditions well
  • Didn't trust the provider's decisions
May 05, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Thomas Gross, MD?
Dr Gross has taken excellent care of me, my mom, dad, and both of my grandmothers. We have a history of colon cancer along with endometriosis. He found a blockage in my colon that the radiologist missed and had the radiologist go back over the pictures. I finally have relief after 20 + years of "IBS" problems. He cared enough to go the extra mile to help me. He takes time to actually sit and listen to our concerns.
Advance, IN – Feb 27, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Thomas Gross, MD?
Very good listener. Intelligent conversation. Works with patient on how they would like to be treated for condition.
Jan 16, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Thomas Gross, MD?
My experience was a few years ago I woke up before he pulled the tubing out choking coughing. He said was getting a sample for biopsy. He then said I think u have stomach cancer, He said biopsywould be back in a few days. These were the longest days of my life I kept calling ,nurse finally said after three calls-biopsy ok I said what do u mean Dr thought it was cancer she said oh let me look....? My husband called to speak to Dr he said no cancer but I still think she has cancer sent me to IU
Nov 12, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Thomas Gross, MD?
Would not suggest this doctor at all.From the rude staff,to waiting for 2 hours after my scheduled appointment to the cheap hard kitchen table chairs in the rooms and waiting room.He did 2 endoscopies on me,put me through numerous tests but did not follow up.Did not care about the pain I was experiencing.After thousands of dollars later I went to IU Gastroentologists who performed an EUS and finally found out what was wrong with me.They can't do that procedure at Hendricks Regional
Danville , IN – Oct 29, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Thomas Gross, MD?
I think he’s an old fashioned dr who isn’t rushing people through like a herd of cattle. However, he does seem to genuinely care. I think people are use to a dr that tries to jam as many people in one day as possible. I didn’t have to wait super long, and I was a little late and they were very understanding and still saw me. If you are looking for a quick in and out he prob isn’t your dr. He seems to genuinely care.
  • Long wait times
Crawfordsville, IN – Jul 13, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Thomas Gross, MD?
Dr Gross always take the time to discuss your problem to your understanding plus will discuss what the next step in treatment, if any.
Valparaiso, IN – Sep 12, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Thomas Gross, MD?
Dr. Gross was highly recommended by our regular dr. My husband went to him for some problems. Quick appt, convenient night and weekend hours. A scope was scheduled and I told them he had a hard time waking up from anesthesia. He wouldn't go to sleep so they gave him extra, resulting in my husband not waking up. They had to give him reversal drugs and he had to stay an additional 3 hours so the reversal drugs wouldn't wear off before anesthesia. We won't go back to him.
Indiana – Jul 12, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Thomas Gross, MD?
I've seen Dr.Gross for years for an outpatient surgery I need at least once a year, and find him highly credible, reliable, proficient and professional. The staff have always behaved professionally, courteous and friendly. Highly recommend
Danville, IN – Jul 07, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Thomas Gross, MD?
I went to see Dr. Gross for stomach pain. He was very thorough and caring. I was using a med my primary prescribed. He added to that, I had to wait three weeks to get an appt for a scope..his office called me twice to make sure the meds were working, did they need to make changes to it etc.. I was very suprised, never had a Dr. office do that. I was very nervous about the scope..he was super calm which helped me be calm. Just can't say enough about how happy I am with him as my Dr.
Indianapolis, IN – Jun 10, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Thomas Gross, MD?
I would advised to stay away from this dr. He is always running atleast 2 hours behind. Then he's always in a hurry to rush off. I was in the hospital for 3 days and he NEVER came in the room for 4 days. He called on the phone. I tried to get him to release me and he said he wouldn't be up until the next day. I checked myself out of the hospital. This guy doesn't give a heck about his patience. I've talked to many who have had the same experience. Giving him 1 star is being VERY generous
Hank in Indianapolis – Jun 09, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Thomas Gross, MD?
Dr. Gross impressed me by getting me in so quickly. I soon was frustrated. I waited over 2 hours past my appointment. He had no sense of urgency, played with cat, office staff rude. I was told to go to ER to schedule further test. I was told if I didn't agree to all the test he wanted to run he would run non. He said my gallbladder was fine after a2nd opinion it was removed within 2 days, disease, infected, and several inflamed. The reports he read were the same the 2nd opinoon read.
Highly Dissatisfied in Plainfield, IN – Nov 23, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Thomas Gross, MD?
Worst doctor EVER!! After prescribing a medicine, he and his staff failed to tell me on my last refill that it was my last refill. Anyone who has been seriously sicks knows that you NEED to know if a medication is getting cut off! When I tried to get an appointment for a new prescription his office (Kim, the receptionist was very unprofessional) called me back saying he wouldn't reschedule & would not refill because he didn't know what to do. He did not make a referral. Very unprofessional place
Terre Haute, IN – Nov 01, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Thomas Gross, MD?
Dr. Gross genuinely cares about his patients. he makes you feel like you're the only patient he has. He takes his time to answer any questions. I have never felt rushed at an appointment.
Avon, IN – Aug 09, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Thomas Gross, MD?
Dr. Gross is the most caring doctor I have ever seen! He works all the time because he cares about his patients, and he doesn't want them to have to wait months to be seen. He has taken care of a lot of people in my family, and I am so thankful that we have such an amazing doctor so close! My favorite thing about Dr. Gross is that he explains things so clearly and takes the time to answer all of my questions. I was so nervous to have a procedure done, but Dr. Gross made me much more comfortable
Brownsburg, IN – Mar 16, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Thomas Gross, MD?
If I could give no star or negative star I would. This doc is so greedy. He has too many patients/procedures and runs behind constantly. Not just a little behind, I'm talking hours! The office visit, 2 hours sitting and waiting before he came in the room! The procedure, 2 hours behind the scheduled start time. I read he was the best so that's why we waited. You know what, I don't care how good this guy is, I'll never be held hostage by Dr Gross ever again!
Dec 17, 2015
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Thomas Gross, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Gross?

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice claims information for Indiana

Frequently Treated by Dr. Gross

Based on treatment records, we have identified the following as areas of care that Dr. Gross treats more often than their peers. If you are unsure whether Dr. Gross treats other conditions, please contact the office at (317) 745-0833.

Esophageal Disorders

Esophageal disorder specialists diagnose and treat conditions affecting the esophagus, such as reflux esophagitis, indigestion, and esophageal ulcers through procedures including medication, surgery, and swallowing therapy.Compare with other Esophageal Disorders specialists.

Dr. Gross typically treats 89% more often than similar doctors

Based on claims data for 8 conditions and procedures

Dysphagia
Nausea
Esophageal Diseases
Esophageal Ulcer

Gastrointestinal Disorders

Gastrointestinal disorders specialists diagnose and treat conditions that affect the gastrointestinal tract, including Crohn's disease, ulcers, hernias, and food poisoning.Compare with other Gastrointestinal Disorders specialists.

Dr. Gross typically treats 80% more often than similar doctors

Based on claims data for 30 conditions and procedures

Gastrointestinal Diseases
Diverticulosis, Intestinal
Stomach Diseases
Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD)

Anal & Rectal Disorders

Compare with other Anal & Rectal Disorders specialists.

Dr. Gross typically treats 67% more often than similar doctors

• Duodenitis
  • Dysentery
  • Dysphagia
  • E. coli Food Poisoning
  • Endoscopy (Esophagus, Stomach, Small Intestine)
  • Enteritis
  • Gas-Bloat Syndrome
  • Gastric Ulcer
  • Gastritis
  • Gastroenterology Procedures
  • Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD)
  • Gastrointestinal Bleeding
  • Viral Enteritis
  • Viral Hepatitis
  • Vomiting Disorders

Dr. Gross accepts

Dr. Gross accepts the following insurance:

Balanced Blue Access-IN PPO