Dr. Thomas E. Goodwin, MD

Dr. Thomas E. Goodwin, MD

Orthopedic Surgery | Male | 64 years old

18 reviews| Leave a review
You've got options
Here's a few other providers to consider
Filter Your Results

Personal Bio

Dr. Goodwin's Experience

See how Dr. Goodwin's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Goodwin

Dr. Goodwin accepts 10 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 2 hospitals where Dr. Goodwin has admitting privileges.

Dr. Goodwin's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Goodwin to family and friends
Dr. Goodwin's Performance
in Boise, Id |
Dr. Goodwin is as good a physician as I know! Whether it's in his office, or in surgery, you won't find anyone his equal He is kind and empathetic with a gift for really hearing what you are trying to communicate! He also has the best bedside manner I have experienced! He treats everyone with respect! ! It is hard to find someone his equal and as good a surgeon! He truly cares about each patient! I have been a patient since the early 90's and always will refer others to him for shoulders!
in Nampa, ID |
Other doctors were doubtful I would have much use my arm again. I talked to friends, PTs, and anyone who knew someone who messed up their shoulder. Who did they recommend? Dr. Goodwin was first among the names of "You really need to see." My surgery was successful. I have full use of my arm and hand. Visits were friendly--everyone: reception, x-ray, nurses, and, of course, Dr. Goodwin. He and his staff explained everything in easy to understand language and weren't satisfied unless I understood.
in Idaho |
I went to Dr Goodwin for a shoulder replacement, after getting a diagnosis from another surgeon. Dr Goodwin explained the process simply and clearly told me what to expect. I really liked his communication and simple delivery. I had the procedure in September of 2016 and could not be more pleased. He is and his staff are very professional and pleasant to work with. If you need shoulder surgery this is the guy to goto in Southern Idaho.
in Boise, ID |
Dr. Goodwin came highly recommended as the #1 shoulder surgeon in the Boise area. As I've had shoulder surgery once before (the other side!), I knew what I needed -- a surgeon that focuses on my injury and my goals, and one who I could trust would get me back to the active lifestyle I enjoy. From my initial office visit to my release back to work, the experience was everything I hoped for, and more. My shoulder is better than before my injury! If you need shoulder surgery, see him. Period.
in Boise, ID |
I have had the misfortune of severely tearing both of my rotator cuffs. Dr. Goodwin came to my rescue each time. I ended up needing partial shoulder replacement in each shoulder. Both surgeries and recoveries went very smoothly. Dr. Goodwin's caring and humor are top notch. The office staff are friendly and understanding of each patient's needs. I would definitely recommend Dr. Goodwin for any shoulder needs.
Coulterville, CA |
Dr Goodwin did a complete shoulder replacement four plus months ago. This has been a very successful operation. The care I received was excellent. I highly recommend Dr. Goodwin.
in Star, Idaho |
Dr Goodwin has repaired my wife's shoulder as well as shoulders for many of my friends. My friends that had their shoulders repaired or replaced by Dr Goodwin related to me as to Dr Goodwin's caring attitude, professionalism, and ability were exemplary. Excellent "bedside" manner and easy talk to. My wife stated that all these comments were true about Dr Goodwin. She also commented on his caring attitude as well as his "bedside" manner. She would recommend him to anyone.
in Boise, ID |
Dr. Goodwin has replaced both of my shoulders and both times he was professional, kind and knowledgeable. On top of that he did an excellent job! Thank you, Dr. Goodwin! And I am recommending him to a friend.
Have you seen Dr. Thomas E. Goodwin, MD?
Are you Dr. Goodwin?

Compare Dr. Goodwin

Dr. Goodwin says...

Thomas was raised in Titusville, Pennsylvania. He graduated from the United States Air Force Academy in 1974 and Tulane University School of Medicine in 1978. He completed his orthopedic surgery residency at Wilford Hall USAF Medical Center in 1983. Dr. Goodwin is Board Certified in orthopedic surgery. He has practiced orthopedic surgery in the Treasure Valley since 1987, opening his clinic specializing in shoulder care in May 2002. This practice became the first in Idaho to offer exclusive treatment for the shoulder.

Dr. Goodwin's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Orthopedic Surgery
  •  Board certified in Orthopedic Surgery
  •  Malpractice claims in Idaho not available

Dr. Goodwin has no media or publications listed.

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Idaho.

Why It Matters: Dr. Goodwin's Board Certifications

Wilford Hall USAF Hospital

Completed in 1979

Wilford Hall USAF Hospital

Completed in 1983

Dr. Goodwin does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Goodwin and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• All Shoulder or Elbow Replacement Procedures