Dr. Thomas Goodwin, MD

Orthopedic SurgeryMaleAge 68

Dr. Goodwin

Shoulder Clinic Of Idaho

8854 W Emerald St Ste 102 Boise, ID 83704

Dr. Thomas Goodwin, MD is a Orthopedic Surgery Specialist in Boise, ID and has over 43 years of experience in the medical field. He graduated from Tulane University School Of Medicine medical school in 1978. He is affiliated with medical facilities Saint Alphonsus Regional Medical Center and Treasure Valley Hospital. He is accepting new patients. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Goodwin to book an appointment.

Compare with other Orthopedic Surgery Specialists

Compare Dr. Goodwin with our nearby Orthopedic Surgery Specialists at West Valley Medical Center.

Make an appointment at West Valley Medical Center today at (208) 715-8519.

Filter by
Provider Ratings

These providers are on the medical staff of West Valley Medical Center.

Dr. Goodwin's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Goodwin

Dr. Goodwin?
  • Listened & answered questions (27)
  • Trusted the provider's decisions (27)
  • Appointment wasn't rushed (26)
  • Didn't explain conditions well (2)
  • Appointment was rushed (1)
  • Didn't trust the provider's decisions (1)
Dr Goodwin is the best shoulder specialist. I have recommendations from at least 10 friends and family that have personally used Dr Goodwin for their shoulder needs. Don’t go to anyone else!
Dan – Jul 21, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Thomas Goodwin, MD?
Great experience. Caring doctor and great follow through. He was compassionate, willing to answer all of our questions, approachable
Benedicte Kehr – Jan 04, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Thomas Goodwin, MD?
Shoulder surgery, rotator cuff repair. Very happy with the surgery and post surgical care. I highly recommend Dr Goodwin and his staff.
James Parker – Nov 02, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Thomas Goodwin, MD?
The wait in the office was short and the staff and Doctor were great to deal with. Would recommend them to anyone needing a rebuild on a shoulder. After 8 months from surgery I have full mobility and the strength is returning. I feel that by the 12 months they indicated it will be like new again.
Randy Harbosn, Jerome Idaho – Oct 11, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Thomas Goodwin, MD?
Dr. Goodwin is the best. He knows shoulders and has been doing them for years. Plus, he is just a regular guy. Excellent staff. Fun to go see him.
Sep 19, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Thomas Goodwin, MD?
Good. He communicates well. I never felt rushed and he always answered any questions I had. My shoulder was severely injured and he did a great job. The hardest part was the 3 months in a sling. Since I got off the sling and referred to physical therapy my recovery has been fast. My therapists all think he is the best for shoulder problems.
  • Didn't explain conditions well
Stan Hafferman – Sep 06, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Thomas Goodwin, MD?
Dr goodwin is awesome. His experience and knowledge led to an outstanding result after rotator cuff surgery.
Aug 27, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Thomas Goodwin, MD?
I have had both shoulders operated on for torn rotaters over the last 10 months and am very pleased with the overall quality of the care I received from Tom, I would highly recommend him and the shoulder clinic, and at this time both my shoulders are doing really well, thanks Tom
Greg S. – Jul 26, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Thomas Goodwin, MD?
He is a very caring and genuine person. I wouldn't see anybody else in my opinion. One of the best doctors I have ever had or seen. Best bed side manor.
byron – Jul 15, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Thomas Goodwin, MD?
Great doc and just as great staff. Dr Tom, KC and their nurse were a pleasure. Surgery went great as well as recovery. Go here first and you won’t be disappointed. Many if my co-workers have also had a great experience with Shoulder Clinic of Idaho.
Jun 13, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Thomas Goodwin, MD?
Dr Goodwin and his staff have given excellent care each time I have visited them. He has done work on both of my shoulders ranging from a torn rotor cuff to a total shoulder replacement. I have recommended them to many of my friends that were having problems. He does the operations at Treasure Valley hospital and the care you get there is exceptional as well. I highly recommend Dr Goodwin and his staff.
Bill Canine in Gooding, ID – Jun 04, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Thomas Goodwin, MD?
10 star service! Gave 5 because that's the most I could select. I have never experienced such professional care. From the first phone call to my release visit I knew that I couldn't have been more fortunate to have been cared for by Goodwin's office. Thank you to all parties involved in bringing me full circle. From reception at clinic to Treasure Valley Hospital and everybody in between, you are the BEST at what you do.
May 31, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Thomas Goodwin, MD?
I am heart broke and angry. I have just raved about Dr Goodwin. I believe and still do I have the greatest out come after two surgeries. He told me I would possibly need one done again in 7 years or there about. Wish he would have told me he wouldn’t help me when I get old. IT IS NOT a cold shoulder. See xrays from er st all’s er visit last week.
Apr 22, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Thomas Goodwin, MD?
Dr Goodwin is extremely knowledgeable and also has a great bedside manner. He also has a great sense of humor which helps put patients at ease. I’ve seen him for my right shoulder a few times and always felt well taken care of. Eventually I’ll probably have to get my other shoulder fixed. He’ll be the only Md on my list.
Apr 02, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Thomas Goodwin, MD?
After injuring my shoulder snowboarding I wasn’t sure I’d be able to get back to the sport that I love. Dr Goodwin’s outstanding surgical skill and follow up have made that possible. I can’t thank him enough!
Mar 24, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Thomas Goodwin, MD?
I came to Dr. Goodwin in late February upon the recommendation of a friend. Before I met with him I experienced a great deal of pain in my left shoulder. He recommended a MRI which indicated I needed surgery. I had surgery 2 weeks ago and have had very little pain. Dr. Goodwin really focused on my care. He’s very in tune with his patients and one of the nicest people I’ve ever met. I have the deepest respect for him and his practice. He’s the best of the best.
cheryl anderson in Boise, Idaho – May 04, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Thomas Goodwin, MD?
Dr. Goodwin is as good a physician as I know! Whether it's in his office, or in surgery, you won't find anyone his equal He is kind and empathetic with a gift for really hearing what you are trying to communicate! He also has the best bedside manner I have experienced! He treats everyone with respect! ! It is hard to find someone his equal and as good a surgeon! He truly cares about each patient! I have been a patient since the early 90's and always will refer others to him for shoulders!
Carol Ingalls in Boise, Id – Mar 16, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Thomas Goodwin, MD?
Other doctors were doubtful I would have much use my arm again. I talked to friends, PTs, and anyone who knew someone who messed up their shoulder. Who did they recommend? Dr. Goodwin was first among the names of "You really need to see." My surgery was successful. I have full use of my arm and hand. Visits were friendly--everyone: reception, x-ray, nurses, and, of course, Dr. Goodwin. He and his staff explained everything in easy to understand language and weren't satisfied unless I understood.
Van Kierstead in Nampa, ID – Feb 08, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Thomas Goodwin, MD?
I went to Dr Goodwin for a shoulder replacement, after getting a diagnosis from another surgeon. Dr Goodwin explained the process simply and clearly told me what to expect. I really liked his communication and simple delivery. I had the procedure in September of 2016 and could not be more pleased. He is and his staff are very professional and pleasant to work with. If you need shoulder surgery this is the guy to goto in Southern Idaho.
Daniel Nemnich in Idaho – Jan 25, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Thomas Goodwin, MD?
Dr. Goodwin came highly recommended as the #1 shoulder surgeon in the Boise area. As I've had shoulder surgery once before (the other side!), I knew what I needed -- a surgeon that focuses on my injury and my goals, and one who I could trust would get me back to the active lifestyle I enjoy. From my initial office visit to my release back to work, the experience was everything I hoped for, and more. My shoulder is better than before my injury! If you need shoulder surgery, see him. Period.
Gary in Boise, ID – Jan 04, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Thomas Goodwin, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Goodwin?

Thomas was raised in Titusville, Pennsylvania. He graduated from the United States Air Force Academy in 1974 and Tulane University School of Medicine in...Read more

1983