Dr. Thomas Gonda Jr, MD

Dr. Thomas Gonda Jr, MD

Psychiatry  ·
Dr. Thomas Gonda Jr, MD is a psychiatry specialist in Oakland, CA and has been practicing for 33 years. He graduated from Stanford University in 1980 and specializes in psychiatry, addiction psychiatry, and more.Read his story

2220 Mountain Blvd Ste 240

Oakland, CA 94611

• We do not accept health insurance

Learn about Dr. Gonda Jr

Dr. Gonda Jr's bio

This content was provided by Dr. Gonda Jr "My work is psychotherapy, psychiatry, psychopharmacology, MFT (marriage and family therapy) and forensic medicine. I graduated from Harvard College and Stanford University School of Medicine. I have been licensed as a physician and surgeon (G60409) since 1980. I have been board certified as a physician and surgeon since 1987. I am board certified by the American Board of Addiction Medicine (ABAM). I am a member of: American Psychological Association (APA); California Psychological Association (CPA); American Association of Psychoanalysis in Clinical Social Work (AAPCSW); California Certification Board of Alcohol and Drug Counselors (CCBADC); National Association for Alcoholism and Drug Abuse Counselors (NAADAC); Northern California Society for Psychoanalytic Psychology (NCSPP); San Francisco Center for Psychoanalysis (SFCP); American Society of Addiction Medicine (ASAM); California Society of Addiction Medicine (CSAM); and, the C.G. Jung Institute of San Francisco. I have advanced training and education in prescribing behavioral health medications in complicated and treatment resistant circumstances. I provide individual, confidential psychiatric services -- I can provide assessment, psychiatric interview, diagnosis, treatment and, if you wish, psychopharmacology -- I prescribe all medications including: anti-anxiety (OCD and others), anti-depression (including treatment resistant), mood stabilizers (schizophrenia and bipolar disorders), sleep medication and addiction medication for opiates (Suboxone, Subutex, buprenorphine), benzodiazepines (using the Ashton method), alcoholism, gambling addiction and other addictions. "

This content was provided by Dr. Gonda Jr "If you're looking for extra support and guidance through a challenging situation or you're just ready to move in a new direction in your life, I look forward to working with you to achieve your goals. Please call or email me for an adult, couples, teen or family therapy consultation today."

• Psychiatry
  • Psychotherapy

• Addiction Psychiatry
    Accredited by: American Board of Psychiatry & Neurology*

• Couples Therapy
  • Hypnosis (Medical Hypnotherapy)
  • Medication Management
  • Pain Medication Management
  • Psychoanalysis
  • Psychological Testing
  • Psychopharmacologic Treatment
  • Psychotherapy Services

No malpractice history found for California.

• Harvard
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1986
  • Jfk University Graduate School Of Professional Psychology
    Other Education | Completed 2010

• One of Oakland's Best Physicians, 2007

Dr. Gonda Jr has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Gonda Jr does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Gonda Jr and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Gonda Jr's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Gonda Jr

2.5

Dr. Gonda Jr?
Dr. Gonda Jr's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Thomas Gonda Jr, MD
RecentHighestLowest
Dr Gonda is the only physician that has successfully addresed my condition. His convenient office hours make it easy to schedule appointments. He is easy to talk to and makes it clear that he really cares. He is always prompt and I have never had to wait more than a few minutes in the office. Dr....Read More
Mark in Sebastopol , CA – Jun 10, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Thomas Gonda Jr, MD?
He doesn't remember his clients. He took $500 from me for legal documentation for a personal injury case. He ignored my requests for PTSD medication to be called in, and all I received was a "Im sorry, I cant help you" response email.
Agoura Hills – Nov 17, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Thomas Gonda Jr, MD?
Dr. Gonda is the only therapist I've been able to stick with long-term. He is extremely open-minded, supportive, and really cares about his patients. He asks questions that lead me to greater insights, and provides encouragement and constructive, solution-oriented advice when I'm faced with issues...Read More
Richmond, CA – Mar 04, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Thomas Gonda Jr, MD?
Dr. Gonda has been the only therapist I've had who has truly been able to help me. He listens, and is able to help me come to my own conclusions about the troubles I'm going through. I've already recommended him to close friends and family.
San Pablo, CA – Jan 21, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Thomas Gonda Jr, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Gonda Jr?