Dr. Thomas Gonda Jr, MD

Psychiatry | Male

Dr. Thomas Gonda Jr, MD
My work is psychotherapy, psychiatry, psychopharmacology, MFT (marriage and family therapy) and forensic medicine. I graduated from Harvard College and Stanford University School of Medicine. I have been licensed as a physician and surgeon (G60409) since 1980. I have been board certified as a physician and surgeon since 1987. I am board certified by the American Board of Addiction Medicine (ABAM). I am a member of: American Psychological Association (APA); California Psychological Association (CPA); American Association of Psychoanalysis in Clinical Social Work (AAPCSW); California Certification Board of Alcohol and Drug Counselors (CCBADC); National Association for Alcoholism and Drug Abuse Counselors (NAADAC); Northern California Society for Psychoanalytic Psychology (NCSPP); San Francisco Center for Psychoanalysis (SFCP); American Society of Addiction Medicine (ASAM); California Society of Addiction Medicine (CSAM); and, the C.G. Jung Institute of San Francisco. I have advanced training and education in prescribing behavioral health medications in complicated and treatment resistant circumstances. I provide individual, confidential psychiatric services -- I can provide assessment, psychiatric interview, diagnosis, treatment and, if you wish, psychopharmacology -- I prescribe all medications including: anti-anxiety (OCD and others), anti-depression (including treatment resistant), mood stabilizers (schizophrenia and bipolar disorders), sleep medication and addiction medication for opiates (Suboxone, Subutex, buprenorphine), benzodiazepines (using the Ashton method), alcoholism, gambling addiction and other addictions.

Dr. Gonda Jr's Care Philosophy

If you're looking for extra support and guidance through a challenging situation or you're just ready to move in a new direction in your life, I look forward to working with you to achieve your goals. Please call or email me for an adult, couples, teen or family therapy consultation today.

Dr. Gonda Jr's Experience

See how Dr. Gonda Jr's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Gonda Jr

Dr. Gonda Jr's Performance
    GOOD
    GOOD
Richmond, CA |
Dr. Gonda is the only therapist I've been able to stick with long-term. He is extremely open-minded, supportive, and really cares about his patients. He asks questions that lead me to greater insights, and provides encouragement and constructive, solution-oriented advice when I'm faced with issues that seem insurmountable. I've already recommended him to several friends.
San Pablo, CA |
Dr. Gonda has been the only therapist I've had who has truly been able to help me. He listens, and is able to help me come to my own conclusions about the troubles I'm going through. I've already recommended him to close friends and family.
Have you seen Dr. Thomas Gonda Jr, MD?
Are you Dr. Gonda Jr?

Compare Dr. Gonda Jr

Dr. Gonda Jr says...

I provide individual, confidential psychiatric services -- I can provide assessment, psychiatric interview, diagnosis, treatment and, if you wish, psychopharmacology -- I prescribe all medications including:  anti-anxiety (OCD and others), anti-depression (including treatment resistant), mood stabilizers (schizophrenia and bipolar disorders), sleep medication and addiction medication for opiates (Suboxone, Subutex, buprenorphine), benzodiazepines (using the Ashton method), alcoholism, gambling addiction and other addictions.

Dr. Gonda Jr's Care Philosophy

Dr. Gonda Jr says...

Please feel free to contact me when you believe that the time is right.

"The door is open  … "

Let me know if I may be of service to you.

Dr. Gonda Jr says...

I provide the assessment, diagnosis and treatment of mental and behavioral health conditions. Using my education, training and experience, I will help you to find and benefit from treatment modalities offered by modern Western medicine, using prescription medication, over the counter medication, natural homeopathic remedies and perhaps alternative approaches.

Dr. Gonda Jr's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Psychiatry
  •  Board certified in Addiction Psychiatry

• One of Oakland's Best Physicians, 2007

Dr. Gonda Jr has no media or publications listed.

No malpractice history found for California.

Why It Matters: Dr. Gonda Jr's Board Certifications

• Addiction Psychiatry

• ADHD and-or ADD
  • Alcoholism (Alcohol Dependence)
  • Depression

Graduated in 1976

• Other Education
    Jfk University Graduate School Of Professional Psychology

Completed in 2010

Dr. Gonda Jr does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Gonda Jr and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Psychiatry
  • Addiction Psychiatry
  • Adult Psychiatry
  • Marriage & Family Therapy
  • Psychodynamic Psychiatry
  • Psychotherapy

• Couples Therapy
  • Hypnosis (Medical Hypnotherapy)
  • Medication Management