Dr. Thomas Gillespie, MD

Dr. Thomas Gillespie, MD

Robotic Surgery  ·
Dr. Thomas Gillespie, MD is a robotic surgery specialist in Phoenix, AZ and has been practicing for 17 years. He graduated from Columbia Univiversity College of Phy. & Surg. in 1995 and specializes in robotic surgery, breast surgical oncology, and more.Read his story

500 W Thomas Rd Ste 400

Phoenix, AZ 85013

• AARP
  • Ameriben
  • Arizona Health Care Cost Containment System (AHCCCS)
  • Bashas Benefit Trust
  • Beech Street (Multiplan)
  • Health Choice of Arizona

Learn about Dr. Gillespie

Dr. Gillespie's Experience

Dr. Gillespie's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Robotic Surgery
  • Board certified in General Surgery

Dr. Gillespie's bio

This content was provided by Dr. Gillespie "Biography Thomas Gillespie MD, FACS is a graduate of Columbia University, College of Physicians and Surgeons. He is a Professor of Surgery at Creighton University School of Medicine as well as a Clinical Professor of Surgery at University of Arizona School of Medicine. He graduated from his surgical residency from Maricopa Medical Center and has been practicing surgery in Phoenix since 2001. He is a board certified surgeon. He has been practicing robotic, minimally invasive, general and trauma surgery at Saint Joseph's Hospital and Medical Center since 2003."

This content was provided by Dr. Gillespie "Personal Statement

My expertise include all aspects of general surgery, but specifically hernia care.  I strive to approach each hernia in a solution based fashion that is patient centered.  I see the occurrence of a hernia as a disease and not a simple circumstance.  To that end, my initial goal will be to optimize all modifiable risk factors in anticipation of your hernia repair.  I do employ state of the art technologies, but use an evidence based approach in their application.  My goal is to create a personalized, tailored plan for each of my patients.

I see myself as open minded.  I hope to create a partnership with each of my patients that is based on mutual respect.  I understand that all relationships require a certain give and take.  I am committed to your wellness.

Please feel free to come visit me in my office for a consultation.  Bring your family.  If you have done your own learning on the internet I would like to share my perspective with you. "

• Robotic Surgery
  • Minimally Invasive Surgery
  • Trauma Surgery

• General Surgery
    Accredited by: American Board of Medical Specialties*

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Arizona.

• Columbia Univiversity College of Phy. & Surg.
    Medical School | Graduated 1995
  • LAC University of Southern Cal.
    Internship Hospital | Completed
  • Maricopa Integrated Health System
  • Maricopa Med Center
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 2001

Dr. Gillespie has no media or publications listed.

• Sign Language

Dr. Gillespie does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Gillespie and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Gillespie's Reviews

Dr. Gillespie?
Dr. Gillespie's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Thomas Gillespie, MD
RecentHighestLowest
Dr. Gillespie is a an excellent Dr. And a beautiful person! He did a cutting edge surgery on my husband. A surgery for a condition that only 1 in 1000 people with abdominal pain are diagnosed with. I trusted him 100% with my husband's life! God bless this man!
Colleen P. in Kingman, AZ – Jun 30, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Thomas Gillespie, MD?
Dr. Gillespie performed a hernia repair for me in January ‘18, and I was extremely impressed with him and his staff. He carefully explained everything, answered all of my questions in detail, and even got to know me a little. The best surgical experience I have had....highly recommended!
Feb 01, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Thomas Gillespie, MD?
Recently I went to see Dr. Gillespie with a long-standing surgical problem. It was one of those issues I just wanted to avoid. Dr. Gillespie made me feel comfortable. I had already done a tremendous amount of research before I met him. Interestingly, what he said was supported by my own independent...Read More
Bill in Phoenix, AZ – Jul 23, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Thomas Gillespie, MD?
Wonderful doctor staff was great as well. Listened to what was going on along with reading results the proceedures. Very informative for issues i had.
Phoenix, AZ – May 08, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Thomas Gillespie, MD?
First and foremost, I am very happy I was referred to Dr. Gillespie. He is an outstanding surgeon and a real gentleman. He accurately diagnosed my problem and confidently cured me. I am now three years recovered from a very complicated and difficult hernia repair. I am finally back to my old...Read More
George Henry in Scottsdale, AZ – Apr 06, 2017
Show more reviews

How was your experience with Dr. Gillespie?