Orthopedic Knee Surgery  |
Dr. Thomas Gautsch, MD
A Hopkins educated surgeon, Dr. Gautsch is a widely sought pioneer of Outpatient Total Knee Replacement using computer assisted, minimally invasive, tissue sparing, fast-track recovery techniques. He has one of the largest experiences with these outpatient procedures in the Southeastern US, performed an outpatient Surgery Center in the North Nashville area built especially for it. Additionally, he has developed minimally invasive outpatient arthroscopic techniques for shoulder rotator cuff, ligament and tendon repair which are much stronger than traditional repair techniques, allowing minimal if any initial immobilization and a more rapid return to function.

570 Hartsville Pike

Gallatin, TN 37066

Dr. Thomas Gautsch, MD

• Accepts most major Health Plans. Please contact our office for details.
  • Blue Cross Blue Shield of Tennessee
  • Cigna-HealthSpring
  • Coventry Health Care of Tennessee
  • Principal Financial Group
  • Private HealthCare Systems

Learn about Dr. Gautsch

Experience and Excellence. Providing you compassionate, State-of-the-Art surgical expertise and a rapid return to Play or Function. That is what drives us. Everything else is second.

Dr. Gautsch's Experience

Dr. Gautsch's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Orthopedic Knee Surgery

• Shoulder Resurfacing
  • Shoulder Stabilizations
  • Shoulder Surgery
  • Viscosupplementation With Hyaluronate

No malpractice history found for Tennessee.

• University Of California, San Diego--Bioengineering
  • College Team Physician
    Other Education | Completed
  • High School Team Physician
    Other Education | Completed

Dr. Gautsch has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Gautsch does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Gautsch and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Gautsch's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Gautsch to family and friends
4.4
Dr. Gautsch's Performance
Franklin, KY |
Dr. Gautsch and his staff are exceptionally good. I was also very impressed by his outpatient center and the doctors and nurses who work with him there. Everything about my knee replacement surgery has been better and faster than expected. Walked within hours and went home. Driving to my office at 3 weeks, still in PT but better than before surgery. I don't know another doctor who does replacement from the side like he does, but that is the way to go. Just wish I had done it sooner. Thank You!
in Nashville, TN |
Dr. Gautsch gets my highest recommendation. I can't express enough how thankful I am for his skill. I put off shoulder surgery as long as I could out of fear. I've been in healthcare long enough to know to find the doctor who you can trust is the best at what he does. Thankfully after moving to Nashville I heard about Dr. Gautsch from the people I work with. He has been so kind through the whole process with my shoulder even though it was bad due to me putting it off. Now it's as good as ever.
Greenbrier, TN |
Absolutely the best Ortho Specialist in Tennessee. He uses a better updated technique for knee replacement. Results are faster and stronger rehab with much less discomfort and pain. Gentle personality, wonderful patient care and friendly. knowledgable staff. Before you decide on your surgeon, please consult with Dr. Gautsch first and make a truly informed choice.
in Cottontown,TN |
The team of professionals at the office of Dr.Thomas Gautsch are awesome. From the receptionist Niki,assistant Ashley,and smiling lady who does xray. The team of physical therapists including Priatia("Pretti"),Sara,and Cammie are the most caring and professional that I have ever experienced.I highly recommend this great group of professionals who get results! I used the services of these professionals for my physical therapy for two events in the last 2 years. Thanks. J. T.L.
in Westmoreland, TN |
Dr.gautsch and his staff are top notch.they were much more thorough than the other surgeons I went to. everything went very smooth befor during and after the surgery.The nurse is very knowledgeable and professional,answered all questions quickly.dr Guatsch was very thorough in the fbefor the surgery. Its bean one month since I had total shoulder replacement and I couldn't be happier.i wish iddone it years ago.The physical therapy team afterwards are wonderful.they encourage you and instruct you
in Gallatin, TN |
Dr Gautsch repaired my complete rotator cuff tear at Sumner Regional. I could see the concern in his eyes when he told me there was a chance he couldn't. Fortunately he was able to completely fix it. God answers prayer and works thru the hands of others, and guided me to him. His office, radiology, and PT staff were very polite, efficient; my care, and all of my FMLA, long term and short term disability claims were completed efficiently and promptly, without a hitch. God Bless him and staff!!
Cocoa Beach, FL |
I have suffered for 7 years and this man, never wanted to help find out why? My knee has been swelling . Now I know why, his God like , mentality doesn't want any one person , to cause a "break" in " his record" of the best recovery without incidence , in total knee replacements
Thank you. I'll pass this on. Dr. Gautsch is known for very high success rates. He only recommends surgery when he believes it will help. I'm sorry he didn't thinks so for your knee. Dr. G: Thank you for reminding us of the frustration of traveling a long distance, to be told surgery probably isn't a good option. Sadly, some rare problems cannot yet be solved. Again, I am so sorry that you've suffered for seven years. I wish it was something fixable, and hope things will change for you.
in Pleasant Shade TN |
Dr. Gautsch is a great surgeon. He did a partcial knee replacement on my right knee. He made sure their was no other option before he wanted to do surgery. He listens to you about wants going on. He don't rush you out of the office. He takes his time. The surgery went great. I was walking without crutches a week after surgery. His staff is great and really nice. The physical therapy staff are great also. They are very sweet and nice people to work with. I would go back to Dr. Gautsch.
Hendersonville, TN |
Great care. Fast results.
in Adairville, Ky |
I would recommend Dr Gautsch to anyone. He did total L knee replacement on me and 3 weeks out from surgery I am doing great. He is very caring and makes you feel special . I would give him the highest rating if you want a well trained down to earth physician.
Franklin, KY |
Took excellent care of me and my shoulder!
Gallatin, TN |
We have only the very best things to say about Dr. Gautsch and his staff. We drove from Kentucky to see Dr. Gautsch after hearing about his excellent reputation from my doctor. Thank goodness for him and what he has done for my husband. He spent years limping around in pain. But just a few weeks after surgery, he could walk normal with no pain. I wish I remembered the names of the nurses at his surgery center where Dr. Gautsch did my husband's knee replacement. They were so very nice! Thank You!
in Hendersonville, TN |
My husband and I both have had knee replacement surgeries done by Dr. Gautsch. We recommend him and his staff to everyone we know. Not only is he an excellent surgeon, he is a caring professional willing to spend time with his patients, His physical therapy staff are excellent as well.
in Gallatin, TN |
I would not recommend this doctor to anyone for any reason. Bedside manner was the worse I'd seen. Waited in waiting room 2 hours. He seen me for 5 mins and recommended physical therapy and ibuprofen. I felt very rushed. My pain only got worse and he wouldn't prescribe me anything for it. Office staff very rude. I was told I did it have to pay anything. I receive a $300 payment from him for a 5 minute visit. He's definitely not in practice because he cares about his patients. It's a money thing.
in Greenbrier, TN |
Westmoreland |
He's an awesome Doctor.I waited 3hours the last time and then left.
Have you seen Dr. Thomas Gautsch, MD?

Visit Dr. Gautsch

Dr. Gautsch accepts 16 insurance carriers
  • Accepts most major Health Plans. Please contact our office for details.
    Blue Cross and Blue Shield