Dr. Thomas Fynan, MD

Dr. Thomas Fynan, MD

Oncology  |
Dr. Thomas Fynan, MD is an oncology doctor who practices in North Haven, CT. He is 57 years old and has been practicing for 31 years.

6 Devine St Ste 2C

North Haven, CT 06473

• Anthem
  • Blue Cross Blue Shield of Louisiana
  • Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts
  • EmblemHealth
  • Harvard Pilgrim Health Care

Learn about Dr. Fynan

See how frequently Dr. Fynan performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Blood Disorders
Breast Diseases
Anemia

Dr. Fynan's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

• Oncology

• Breast Cancer
  • Burkitt's Lymphoma
  • Central Nervous System Lymphoma
  • Cholangiocarcinoma
  • Chronic Myeloid Leukemia (CML)
  • Coagulation Disorders (incl. Hemophilia)
  • Colorectal Cancer
  • Gynecologic Cancer
  • Head and Neck Cancer
  • Hodgkin's Disease
  • Hypercoagulable State
  • Immune Thrombocytopenic Purpura (ITP)
  • Kidney Cancer
  • Lung Neoplasms, Not Specified as Malignant
  • Lymphocytosis
  • Lymphoma, Large-Cell
  • Lymphosarcoma
  • Macroglobulinemia (incl. Waldenstrom's )
  • Mantle Cell Lymphoma
  • Pleura Cancer
  • Pleural Cancer
  • Polycythemia Rubra Vera
  • Primary Central Nervous System Lymphoma
  • Primary Hypercoagulable State (incl. Factor V Leiden Disease)
  • Prostate Cancer
  • Stomach Cancer
  • Stomach Diseases
  • Stomach and Small Intestine Cancer
  • Thalassemia
  • Throat Cancer (Nasopharyngeal)
  • Thrombocytosis

• Bone Marrow Biopsy
  • Cardiac MRI (Magnetic Resonance Imaging) of Heart or Chest
  • Plasmapheresis
  • Thoracentesis

No malpractice history found for Connecticut.

• Umdnj-Robt W Johnson Med Sch
    Medical School | Graduated 1986
  • Saint Vincent's Hospital
    Internship Hospital | Completed 1987
  • Saint Vincent's Hospital
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1989
  • Yale University
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 1992

Dr. Fynan has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Fynan does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Fynan and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Fynan's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Fynan to family and friends
Dr. Fynan's Performance
in North Haven Ct. 06473 |
I met Dr. Fynan in the fall of 2015. I went in to have my shoulder repaired , and to my surprise the x-ray showed swollen lymph nodes. Needless to say I was taken back at this finding. My first appointment with Dr. Fynan was the best experience that I could of asked for. He is a very compassionate and knowledgable doctor. He put me at ease that the type of leukemia was very treatable.It is a year later and I am still under the care of Dr. Fynan. You are a wonderful doctor. Thank you, Steve P.
in New Haven, CT |
My name is Barbara Connor and I have been treated by D. Thomas M. Fynan for Stage 4 lung cancer for the last 9 years. He is an excellent physician and I am lucky to have met him. He is confident and makes me feel the same, calm, experienced, very well-trained, takes his time to explain options, and answers my questions. I believe that he is focused on me and my treatment, and is always up-to-date. I completely trust him and would refer him to another with no hesitation.
in Wallingford, CT |
Dr. Fynan is a gifted physician. His bedside manner is top notch. I feel safe and well cared for in his care. I always recommend him and will continue to do so!
in North Haven, CT |
Very Professional and caring
in Hamden, CT |
Worked with Dr. Fynan in 2009 with my lung cancer and since April of 2015 with a blood disorder. He is a caring and knowledgable individaul. Taking as much time as needed to explain your health problems and treatment needed. Outstanding
in Meriden, CT |
I am submitting this review at the request of my husband, who has been seeing Dr. Fynan for Metastatic prostate cancer since January 2016. We both (I am an APRN) have been very well satisfied with Dr. Fynan. He is thorough, professional, kind, empathetic and a careful listener. My husband has had chemo, blood transfusions, imaging studies and referrals to other specialists - all arranged in record time by Dr. Fynan. We are very grateful and feel lucky to have him as my husband's oncologist.
in West Haven, CT |
My Name is Ernest Heyward and I was recommended by my pulmonary doctor. My experience with Dr. Fynan have been very professional .He has answered all of my questions and is very concern about my health and the progress I am making.
Detroit, MI |
Dr. Fynan is my favorite doctor. I was originally going to a different oncologist. I switched because Dr. Fynan never made me feel hopeless. He would encourage new treatments when one didn't work. He never panicked and always made me feel optimistic.
Hamden, CT |
Dr. Fynan is very professional, and thoughtful. His initial diagnosis was confirmed with follow up bloodwork. He answered all of my questions and concerns, regarding treatment and prognosis. I would not hesitate to recommend him to a family member, or friend seeking an Oncologist.
in Woodbridge, CT |
Nobody wants to go to an oncologist/hematologist. Dr. Fynan's calm manner helped me believe that this would be ok. Turns out I had a very rare sort of leukemia, that could have easily been misdiagnosed or missed. Fynan nailed it. His bone marrow biopsy expertly done, nearly painless. And his treatment plan was clear and certain. The chemo was successful, and I'm just fine. I'm grateful that I'll continue to see Dr. Fynan, and will trust his judgement and healing ability fully.
in Bethany, CT |
Dr. Fynan has prepared me for the worst when I went to see him before my biopsy and later I was diagnosed for stage 4 lung cancer . Dr. Fynan has worked very closely with my radiation doctors and later during my chemotherapy treatments, he really takes his time to listen and always prescribes the right medications to ease my side effects. I am glad that he is my oncologist. This is what my friend said , Dr. Fynan is a kind and compassionate physician who truly cares about his patients
North Haven, CT |
Excellent oncologist who immediately fit me in to his hospital schedule when I was ill (at some inconvenience to himself ) and has been my knowledgeable and treating doc over the past 2+ years.
in New Haven, CT |
I will be forever grateful to Dr. Tom for introducing me to a new test which would help to determine my need for chemo after my lumpectomy in October of 2013. He demonstrated initiative and, as luck would have it, the test showed that chemo would have added only a few percentage points to my survival index. At 90+% with surgery followed by the Arimidex regimen, I declined the chemo option, and he supported my decision. He continues to be cordial, communicative and reassuring.
in Cheshire, CT |
I was diagnosed with thrombocytosis after routine blood work with my primary care MD he referred me to Dr. Fynan. Dr. Fynan has been seeing me for two years and has been extremely helpful in listening to and responding to any concerns or questions that I've had. He and his staff were very helpful in assisting me in obtaining coverage for a very expensive medication that I have to take.
NHamden CT |
I have been a patient of Dr Fynan for over five years. During every visit, I found him to be very informative and understanding regarding my medical condition. He takes a considerable amount of time ansering all of my questions and listening. Gets right to the point with diagnosis and treatment.
This guy is a royal idiot. He told me I had non-hodgkins lymphoma before I even had a CT scan done and his reason was I just know. Well needless to say Dr. Fynan was wrong. Later when I saw him in his office he had lab work done on me without having it verified with my insurance and of course, my insurance denied it because the lab work wasn't medically necessary. This hot mess of a Doctor literally has no clue what he's doing and I wouldn't trust him with my life or my loved ones lives.
Have you seen Dr. Thomas Fynan, MD?
Are you Dr. Fynan?