Dr. Thomas Funcik, MD

Facial Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery | Male

Coastal Facial Plastic Surgery 2671 Brickside Ln Mount Pleasant, SC 29466 Get Directions
Dr. Thomas Funcik, MD

It's not only because he is double Board Certified, specializes exclusively in the face, and has performed over 10,000 facial surgeries. Not simply to benefit from the rigorous training he received through Duke University, UNC Chapel Hill, and the former President of the American Board of Facial Plastic Surgery (ABFPRS). It's not even because he is an Assistant Professor at MUSC, has trained more than 100 physicians or because other plastic surgeons refer complex surgeries to him. It's because Dr. Funcik will quickly put you at ease with his informal style, and listen intently to your concerns and visions. His nearly twenty years of experience and artistic skill as a patient collaborator, plastic surgery innovator and educator provide him the insight required to create solutions that are completely customized to your individual needs and desires. An outcome that appears aesthetic and natural will lead both family members and friends to notice you look well rested.

...See Less

Dr. Funcik's Experience

See how Dr. Funcik's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Funcik

Dr. Funcik accepts 8 insurance carriers

Dr. Funcik is now accepting new patients

Check out the quality of care at the 2 hospitals where Dr. Funcik has admitting privileges.

Dr. Funcik's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Funcik to family and friends
Dr. Funcik's Performance
in Mount Pleasant, SC |
Check up after skin cancer surgery...Good job!
in Mount Pleasant, SC |
Having my facelift done by Dr. FUncik was the best decision I have ever made. It looks natural and I look great. My friends agree and my hair dresser said the scars are the best she has ever seen. Recover was minimal and little pain. I was up and moving around a few days later. Love Dr. Funcik's Office. I have referred all my friends.
in Mount Pleasant, SC |
Awesome doctor and staff. All very friendly and courteous.
in Mount Pleasant, SC |
curteous and prompt, enjoyed my treatment, explained everything very well.
peel was great.
in Mount Pleasant, SC |
Always an excellent experience! Great office and great staff!
in Mount Pleasant, SC |
Dr. F is the kindest, deasent, gentlest man. His staff reflects the exact same. Love it here! Thank you!
in Mount Pleasant, SC |
I was so scared to have surgery. From my fist visit, dr funcik and his staff made me feel as ease about everything. The procedure went great and I am so happy I did it.
in Mount Pleasant, SC |
I have been coming to Dr. Funcik for about 15 years. He is professional, genuine, honest, realistic, and truly cares about all his patients. He is by far one of the best physicians in the Charleston area. He has held my hand through so much in my life and kept me beautiful. I love that I look natural. I would recommend dr. Funcik to everyone. - I have too!
in Mount Pleasant, SC |
Emily, Dr. Funcik's nurse injector was GREAT. I have referred several friends.
in Mount Pleasant, SC |
Great service every time.
in Mount Pleasant, SC |
Everyone at Dr. funcik' suffice is great!
in Mount Pleasant, SC |
Love my visits with Dr. Funcik. Knowledgable, honest, friendly staff. I only trust him with my face.
in Mount Pleasant, SC |
Great staff, nice atmosphere, awesome results.
in Mount Pleasant, SC |
Dr Tom is the best! He did my facelift several years ago. I have recently been seeing Emily his nurse for Dysport and I have been very happy.
in Mount Pleasant, SC |
I have gotten Botox done many times from other doctors and I never really liked the results. I have had some bad experiences and was fearful to try Botox again, I came to dr.funcik and I loved my results. He has a different technique then other doctor which I love. He truly takes his time with me. I always leave here smiling!
in Mount Pleasant, SC |
great everyone very nice.
in Mount Pleasant, SC |
It is always delightfulful to come Dr Funcik's office., Everyone is friendly and knowledgable. Today's visit was with Nessa Ferreira, licensed esthetician and she performed the Parisian Peel. I was a bit reluctanct as I do have sensitive skin. She explained the process and assured it was good for all skin types. It left my skin nice and soft. The treatment came with a facial and hand massage. It was wonderfull!!!
in Mount Pleasant, SC |
Amazing staff and physician! Can we clone Dr.Funcik. We need a Dr.Funcik that reconstustructs areas other then the face! Everything about this office is outstanding. They are all sincere and professional. They took the time to teach me and answer all of my questions. I had absolutly no pain with my surgery and my outcome is outstanding! I could not be happier! I absolutely recommend Dr.Funcik to my friends and family.
in Mount Pleasant, SC |
Wow, what an amazing consult. Very informative and likable doctor. I just booked surgery on the same day. Very impressed and excited about my upcoming surgery.
in Mount Pleasant, SC |
I have several procedures at Dr. Funcik's office and everyone is always so friendly and professional. Nessa was very through in explaining my procedure and the after care. She is very knowlegeable and is willing to answer all questions. I am very happy with everyone at this office. Thank you.
in Mount Pleasant, SC |
I travel many hours to get me treatments here at Dr. Funciks office. It is totally worth the drive. Dr. Funcik does all of my filler, I always love my results they are dramatic yet natural looking. Emily has been doing my botox, I love her! She truley a mini Dr. Funcik. She is knowledgeable and sweet. People always think I look way younger then I am! I owe that to Dr. Funcik and Emily! Trust your face to them, you will not regret it!
in Mount Pleasant, SC |
exceptional staff, best dr in town, love this place!
in Mount Pleasant, SC |
Emily did my Botox! She did a great job, she does the same technique as dr.funcik. She explained everything to me and answered all of my questions. She is gentle, sweet and professional! I am going to recommend all of my friends to her! Come see her, you will not regret it!
in Mount Pleasant, SC |
I love the shape of my nose after my rhinoplasty. The swelling has gone down significantly in the last week and I am thrilled with how it is coming along. You took a mangled, trauma-induced mess of a nose and made it beautiful. I was so worried about getting a functioning nose again that I did not give the aesthetics much thought, but the way it looks has totally exceeded my expectations, even his early in the healing. It is a cutie already!
in Mount Pleasant, SC |
I had a facelift with Dr. Funcik. His staff gave clear instructions of what to expect before and after surgery. I experienced almost no pain after my surgery. My experience was stellar and I would recommend Dr. Funcik to everyone. Not enough people really know how awesome and personable you are.
in Mount Pleasant, SC |
Dr. Funcik preformed his Charleston Custom Lift and his Lowcountry Lid Lift on me and I was so happy with my results. It's only been 2 weeks and i look amazing! I would recommend him to everyone interested in a facelift or eyelid surgery.
in Mount Pleasant, SC |
Never met a man like dr funcik. Does not try to hustle you. He had me sold in the first 5 minutes.
in Mount Pleasant, SC |
The staff is professional and courteous, all cater to my specific needs. Dr. Funcik is great.
in Mount Pleasant, SC |
Excellent care, explanations, and very friendly. It's a pleasure to come here.
in Mount Pleasant, SC |
It is always a very positive and comfortable experience.
in Mount Pleasant, SC |
From beginning to end everything was outstanding!
in Mount Pleasant, SC |
Everyone in the practice is wonderful! You can feel the love and compassion they all have! I felt very safe and comfortable.
in Mount Pleasant, SC |
I highly recommend Dr. Funcik and his staff.
in Mount Pleasant, SC |
Dr. Funcik and his staff always make me feel comfortable with everything they are doing. I love coming in and I refer all of my friends to him.
in Mount Pleasant, SC |
l appreciate the time he gives me and i feel i get honest feedback.
in Mount Pleasant, SC |
Nessa is doing a great job with Rejuvapen. I can see improvement.
in Mount Pleasant, SC |
i had a rejuvapen treatment by Nessa and it was AMAZING!!
in Mount Pleasant, SC |
My experience was wonderful. staff were friendly and experienced. Dr. was on time which is important also. I highly recommend this office.
in Mount Pleasant, SC |
Everything was delightful. EVERYTHING. DELIGHTFUL.
in Mount Pleasant, SC |
Everyone is always smiling! Truly sincere care and great experience.
in Mount Pleasant, SC |
The staff and Dr. Funcik were great.
in Mount Pleasant, SC |
he was a funny guy with a genuine love for all of his patients!
in Mount Pleasant, SC |
Dr. Funcik is a Botox genius. i cannot wait to see what my sculptra results will be. :).
in Mount Pleasant, SC |
Had a great experience. Only positives on the customer service end.
in Mount Pleasant, SC |
My experience was awesome. I thought Dr. Funcik was terrific and i have positive results already. Thank you so much.
in Mount Pleasant, SC |
Very pleasant experience. I am relatively new and have been impressed with the office staff.
in Atlanta, GA |
Everyone works as part of a highly skilled team. Impeccable service. Staff make you feel at home.
in Mount Pleasant, SC |
As always you guys are the best and I have nothing but good things to say. Thanks for everything!
in Mount Pleasant, SC |
best staff and doctor ever.
Have you seen Dr. Thomas Funcik, MD?
Are you Dr. Funcik?

Compare Dr. Funcik

Dr. Funcik says...

Dr. Funcik says...

Since residency, when Dr. Funcik was nominated by Cancer Service nurses as the resident who best exemplified collaborative patient care, partnering with patients to solve their problems has been Dr. Funcik's most satisfying endeavor. A compassionate listener, Dr. Funcik considers your concerns and goals, and provides recommendations as if you were a member of his family.

In addition to collaborating with patients, Dr. Funcik partners with specialists who seek him for his expertise. Dr. Funcik performs complex rhinoplasty cases with the Lowcountry's largest private practice ENT Specialty Group.

Dr. Funcik was elected to the Channel Four Hall of Fame for his participation in the AAFPRS Face to Face program. Members volunteer to help victims of domestic abuse who cannot afford to receive treatment for facial injuries. These efforts repair both physical and psychological scars and help women to regain self-esteem and begin to rebuild their lives.

Dr. Funcik's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Facial Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery
      •  Board certified in Otolaryngology and Plastic Surgery & Facial Surgery
      •  Malpractice claims in South Carolina not available

Dr. Funcik has no media or publications listed.

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for South Carolina.

Why It Matters: Dr. Funcik's Board Certifications

• Otolaryngology
      • Plastic Surgery & Facial Surgery

Dr. Funcik does not have any conditions listed. If you are Dr. Funcik and would like to add conditions you treat, please update your free profile.

University Of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, School Of Medicine

Graduated in 1989

Med University Sc College Of Med
        Med University Sc Med Center

Dr. Funcik does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Funcik and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Facial Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery

• Blepharoplasty
      • Botox® Injection
      • Brow Lift
      • Chemical Peel
      • Chin Implant
      • Dermabrasion
      • Dysport Injection
      • Ear Plastic Surgery (Otoplasty)
      • Earlobe Repair
      • Facelift
      • Nasal Septum Surgery (Septoplasty)
      • Nose Plastic Surgery (Rhinoplasty)
      • Restylane® Injections