Addiction Psychiatry  |
Dr. Thomas Fitzgerald Jr, MD
Dr. Thomas Fitzgerald Jr, MD is an addiction psychiatry doctor who practices in Davidson, NC. He is 55 years old and has been practicing for 28 years.

903 Northeast Dr Ste 301

Davidson, NC 28036

Learn about Dr. Fitzgerald Jr

Dr. Fitzgerald Jr's Experience

Dr. Fitzgerald Jr's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Addiction Psychiatry

• Bipolar Disorder
  • Depression
  • Mood Disorders
  • Schizophrenia

No malpractice history found for North Carolina.

• UNIV OF VT COLL OF MED
    Medical School | Graduated 1989
  • University Ca San Diego Med Center
  • Va Long Beach Hlthcare Sys

Dr. Fitzgerald Jr has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Fitzgerald Jr does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Fitzgerald Jr and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Fitzgerald Jr's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Fitzgerald Jr to family and friends
2.9
Dr. Fitzgerald Jr's Performance
Kannapolis, NC |
Office is completely lacking human decency. My wife and daughter were 11 minutes late for their appt, due to weather and traffic, and they refused to see them. We live 40 minutes away, we needed to get my daughters medication changed, and they couldn't fit us in the 20 minutes that should have been left in our appt.
Huntersville, NC |
No attention to detail. After working for 2 years with this office my perception is they are pill pushers. Little to no personal interaction. No holistic approach.
in Charlotte, NC |
I don't know who these one star people have been seeing, bc I have been seeing Dr Fitz for over 20 years &he's always been there when I needed him (&yes I've called after hrs in crisis),always intelligent,caring & professional-he's NEVER talked down 2 me or was condescending like other MDs,always on cutting edge &willing 2 suggest alternative therapies vs. drugs.I KNOW what it's like 2 be abused,bounced around &overmedicated,ignored & screamed at by lousy shrinks!Dr Fitz is the best.
Charlotte, NC |
Please do NOT see this doctor. He should have lost his license to practice medicine years ago. He completely ignored me various phone calls when I was going through a medical crisis during a medication change. I had a horrible suicide attempt.
in Charlotte, NC |
Abrupt, rude & hot tempered with patients. Impatient, greedy, lacks empathy and overall professionality. He has close financial ties to drug companies, and he prescribes medications that a patient may not need at all. In my case, he prescribed Rozerum to help me sleep. It didn't help at all. On my own I chose to find a sleep specialist and described the same symptoms. The specialist diagnosed me with sleep apnea on the first visit. Now, I'm off sleep drugs and use a sleep apnea machine (CPAP).
in Lake Lure, NC |
I hae been seeing Dr Fitzgerald for going on 18 years. When he opened his new practice I chose to follow him rather then going through the ordeal of finding another Dr. I liked. I couldn't imagine finding another Dr. I like as well so I drive From Lake Lure to Davidson. Dr. Fitzgerald is professional, kind, w/ a calming nature, Great staff as well.
in Salisbury, NC |
I was treated by his office for 3 and a half years. My therapist unexpectedly left the practice and I still don't know why. I was notified the day before the appointment that I would have to see someone else. I said ok because I had no choice. I am bipolar and was taking lithium and Nuvigil. This new therapist prescribed Adderall which can never be taken with those medicines. I had a psychotic break, had to be removed by ambulance. Spent 6 days in ICU and 4 more on the Psych unit. I am disabled.
in Mt. Pleasant, NC |
I feel I should warn others who are considering Dr. Fitzgerald as their mental health caregiver. After 2 years of not listening to me, of telling me I wasn't experiencing hallucinations from SEVERAL different medications he put me on when I told him I told him I was, totally ignoring me & my husband, then finally railing me out during a suicidal episode caused by yet another mismanaged medication, I finally ended my relationship with him out of self-respect and fear for my well-being.
Dr. Fitzgerald was horrible. He treated me poorly when I was in crisis and very vulnerable. I needed him and he continued to misdiagnose me, label me and generally not listen to me. I would not recommend him. In fact, I now travel nearly and hour away from home to see a psychiatrist that treats me like a human, and treats my condition appropriately.
in Lincolnton, NC |
I have been going to Dr. Fitzgerald for several years now and trust his judgement in my treatment completely. He has always been kind and I value his knowledge of medicine. I will continue to go to him even though my insurance doesn't cover him anymore.
Have you seen Dr. Thomas Fitzgerald Jr, MD?
Are you Dr. Fitzgerald Jr?

Visit Dr. Fitzgerald Jr