Dr. Thomas Fitzgerald, MD

Addiction Psychiatry •  Male • Age 58

Dr. Fitzgerald

Southlake Psychiatry

903 Northeast Dr Ste 301 Davidson, NC 28036

Dr. Thomas Fitzgerald, MD is a Addiction Psychiatry Specialist in Davidson, NC. He is not accepting new patients. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Fitzgerald to book an appointment.

Compare Doctors

Quickly compare more Addiction Psychiatrists in your area

See similar Addiction Psychiatrists in Davidson

Dr. Fitzgerald accepts

Dr. Fitzgerald accepts the following insurance:

No malpractice claims found for North Carolina

• Mood Disorders
  • Psychiatric Diseases
  • Psychosis Due to Mental Illness

Help Improve Healthgrades

Does Dr. Thomas Fitzgerald, MD...

Offer telehealth services or virtual visits?

Offer evening visits?

Offer an online patient portal?

Communicate via email?

Have free onsite parking?

Dr. Fitzgerald's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Fitzgerald

2.9

43.13725490196079%
7.8431372549019605%

Dr. Fitzgerald?
What People Say About Dr. Thomas Fitzgerald, MD
I have been seeing Dr. Fitzgerald for a number of years and he has been nothing but professional, understanding, attentive and sensitive to my situation. When I have been running late, I call and there's never been an issue. The only doctor who I have been able to see on a Saturday. I was a little leery when he moved to California, but that hasn't changed his service one bit. The staff has always been responsive and kind. I would recommend Dr. Fitzgerald to anyone.
Charles – Dec 01, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Thomas Fitzgerald, MD?
Absolutely the WORST Practice- Should be closed down!! Do yourself a favor- Stay Away!! Dr. Fitzgerald lives in California now for several years. He has the puppets in his office making him the money. Not one could care about your well being or crisis your in. Dr. Fitzgeralds wife Joe Himmelspach is so rude and obnoxious all he cares about is the money so they can live their lavish lifestyle in California. They make you sign papers agreeing to pay them directly as they will not accept medicare or any medicare insurance. They have a guy in their for past several years named Ben who is not a licensed psychiatrist and all they do is push drugs. No wonder the mental health system is Broke because you have Dr's like this that are out strictly for the money and could care a less about the actual well being of the patients.. They need to be turned into and closed down.. How can you treat patients when you live thousands of miles away and never see them instead have puppets acting like you.
May 10, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Thomas Fitzgerald, MD?
I have been a patient for over 10 years and I have not seen any of the issues mentioned in the one-star reviews. Dr. Fitzgerald has done a good job managing my medication. They listen to me and spend the time necessary. I have been late due to traffic, called ahead to let them know and they've been very accommodating. The office is warm and inviting and I feel comfortable there. Each individual is different but for me I'm very satisfied.
Scott in Huntersville, NC – Oct 09, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Thomas Fitzgerald, MD?
A very cold relationship. When I really needed his help I was turned away. He did nothing but prescribe medicine. Would not go to him regardless of the situation. His therapist Lisa was of no help either. My biggest problems were not discussed.
George in Davidson, NC – Aug 29, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Thomas Fitzgerald, MD?
Office is completely lacking human decency. My wife and daughter were 11 minutes late for their appt, due to weather and traffic, and they refused to see them. We live 40 minutes away, we needed to get my daughters medication changed, and they couldn't fit us in the 20 minutes that should have been left in our appt.
Kannapolis, NC – Jun 23, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Thomas Fitzgerald, MD?
No attention to detail. After working for 2 years with this office my perception is they are pill pushers. Little to no personal interaction. No holistic approach.
Huntersville, NC – Feb 25, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Thomas Fitzgerald, MD?
I don't know who these one star people have been seeing, bc I have been seeing Dr Fitz for over 20 years &he's always been there when I needed him (&yes I've called after hrs in crisis),always intelligent,caring & professional-he's NEVER talked down 2 me or was condescending like other MDs,always on cutting edge &willing 2 suggest alternative therapies vs. drugs.I KNOW what it's like 2 be abused,bounced around &overmedicated,ignored & screamed at by lousy shrinks!Dr Fitz is the best.
Kimberlee Rettberg in Charlotte, NC – Feb 24, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Thomas Fitzgerald, MD?
Please do NOT see this doctor. He should have lost his license to practice medicine years ago. He completely ignored me various phone calls when I was going through a medical crisis during a medication change. I had a horrible suicide attempt.
Charlotte, NC – Sep 12, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Thomas Fitzgerald, MD?
Abrupt, rude & hot tempered with patients. Impatient, greedy, lacks empathy and overall professionality. He has close financial ties to drug companies, and he prescribes medications that a patient may not need at all. In my case, he prescribed Rozerum to help me sleep. It didn't help at all. On my own I chose to find a sleep specialist and described the same symptoms. The specialist diagnosed me with sleep apnea on the first visit. Now, I'm off sleep drugs and use a sleep apnea machine (CPAP).
Anonymous in Charlotte, NC – Jun 29, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Thomas Fitzgerald, MD?
I hae been seeing Dr Fitzgerald for going on 18 years. When he opened his new practice I chose to follow him rather then going through the ordeal of finding another Dr. I liked. I couldn't imagine finding another Dr. I like as well so I drive From Lake Lure to Davidson. Dr. Fitzgerald is professional, kind, w/ a calming nature, Great staff as well.
Dani Whipple in Lake Lure, NC – Jun 24, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Thomas Fitzgerald, MD?
I was treated by his office for 3 and a half years. My therapist unexpectedly left the practice and I still don't know why. I was notified the day before the appointment that I would have to see someone else. I said ok because I had no choice. I am bipolar and was taking lithium and Nuvigil. This new therapist prescribed Adderall which can never be taken with those medicines. I had a psychotic break, had to be removed by ambulance. Spent 6 days in ICU and 4 more on the Psych unit. I am disabled.
Jennifer S in Salisbury, NC – Jun 05, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Thomas Fitzgerald, MD?
I feel I should warn others who are considering Dr. Fitzgerald as their mental health caregiver. After 2 years of not listening to me, of telling me I wasn't experiencing hallucinations from SEVERAL different medications he put me on when I told him I told him I was, totally ignoring me & my husband, then finally railing me out during a suicidal episode caused by yet another mismanaged medication, I finally ended my relationship with him out of self-respect and fear for my well-being.
Kim S in Mt. Pleasant, NC – May 25, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Thomas Fitzgerald, MD?
Dr. Fitzgerald was horrible. He treated me poorly when I was in crisis and very vulnerable. I needed him and he continued to misdiagnose me, label me and generally not listen to me. I would not recommend him. In fact, I now travel nearly and hour away from home to see a psychiatrist that treats me like a human, and treats my condition appropriately.
Apr 07, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Thomas Fitzgerald, MD?
I have been going to Dr. Fitzgerald for several years now and trust his judgement in my treatment completely. He has always been kind and I value his knowledge of medicine. I will continue to go to him even though my insurance doesn't cover him anymore.
Martha Keziah in Lincolnton, NC – Dec 16, 2015
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Thomas Fitzgerald, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Fitzgerald?

• Addiction Psychiatry

• Addiction Psychiatry
  • Psychiatry

University Ca San Diego Med Center
Va Long Beach Hlthcare Sys

More Information

• Does Dr. Fitzgerald communicate via email?

No users have indicated that Dr. Fitzgerald communicates via email

• Does Dr. Fitzgerald offer telehealth services or virtual visits?

No users have indicated that Dr. Fitzgerald offers telehealth services or virtual visits

• Does Dr. Fitzgerald offer an online patient portal?

No users have indicated that Dr. Fitzgerald offers an online patient portal

• Does Dr. Fitzgerald have free onsite parking?

No users have indicated that Dr. Fitzgerald has free onsite parking

• Does Dr. Fitzgerald offer weekend visits?

No users have indicated that Dr. Fitzgerald offers weekend visits

• Does Dr. Fitzgerald offer evening visits?

No users have indicated that Dr. Fitzgerald offers evening visits