Dr. Thomas J. Fessler, MD

Dr. Thomas J. Fessler, MD

Orthopedic Surgery | Male | 61 years old

Learn about this Doctor

When I was trained at Georgetown University, completed my internship at Washington Hospital Center and my residency at the University of Massachusetts, I learned more than just about the anatomy of the human body. My training focused on the bedside manner of the doctor. How a patient feels about his or her ailment or how a patient handles the anticipation of a surgery impacts the healing process. My goal is to make sure each of my patients understands his or her options for care, and is most comfortable with the choices we make together. If a patient needs surgery, I have operating privileges at Saint Vincent Health Center, Saint Vincent Surgery Center, UPMC Hamot, UPMC Surgery Center and the Village SurgiCenter. To make an appointment to discuss your orthopaedic needs, call my office at 814-454-8287. I look forward to seeing you. Sincerely, Dr. Tom FesslerRead more

Dr. Fessler's Experience

98Experience
Match

See how Dr. Fessler's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Fessler

Dr. Fessler accepts 17 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 2 hospitals where Dr. Fessler has admitting privileges.

Hospital Quality Awards

×

Dr. Fessler's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Fessler to family and friends
Experience with Dr. Fessler
Dr. Fessler's Office & Staff
    10 – 15 minutes (27)
Dr. Fessler Says:

Thank you for taking the time to post a review.

If you are a satisfied patient, please refer me to your family and friends by calling my office at 814-454-8287.  New patients are always welcome.  If you are displeased with your care, please let me or my staff know.

My goal is make sure that each patient receives the best care possible

...

in Erie, PA |
Dr Fessler is experienced, knowledgeable, professional and kind.
Erie Pa |
Excellent. Very professional
in Erie PA |
I and my kids have gone to Dr Fessler over the years whenever an accident occured. Tom was always helpful, very patient, and always always always put the interest of the patient first. When i was young the go-to doctor was Doc Rahner.....Doc Rahner went out of his way to help out the patient (and thier family). To me, Tom Fessler is the modern day Doc.Rahner.
in Erie, PA |
Dr Fessler has been an asset to our community and has treated myself as well as family members with great results for years. He is very experienced and knowledgeable along with the caring and compassion that is lacking in a lot of physicians. I would highly recommend him to anyone in need of orthopedic care.
Very patient with you. Listens to your concerns. Asks good questions. Lays out your options and then gives his recommendation. Great bedside manners.
in Erie, PA |
Best 'bedside' manners a doctor can have. Does not rush patients thru like an assembly line.
in Erie, PA |
Dr. Fessler's wealth of knowledge in the orthopedic field is Outstanding. His respect and care for the patient is first rate. My son broke his collar bone in November and Dr. Fessler has taken great care of him. My son is very anxious to get back in the gym to work out , although Dr. Fessler understands his frustrations, he make it clear that if Mike goes too soon, he will injurer his shoulder.Dr. Fessler cares long term about his patients and not just fix them and ship them out.
in Erie, PA |
Dr. Fessler just treated my hip and shoulder which have been bothering me for several months. I was concerned that I would need to have surgeries on both the hip and shoulder and I would miss work. Nevertheless, I was willing to proceed with surgery by Dr. Fessler, if needed, because he previously performed knee surgery a few years ago and I had great success. As it turns out, he provided quick relief of my problems by an injection and medication. Outstanding Physician. 5+++.
in Erie, PA |
Excellent doctor. Very caring and did a great job explaining my injury so that I could make an informed decision as to my treatment. Highly recommend him to anyone.
Have you seen Dr. Thomas J. Fessler, MD?
Are you Dr. Fessler?

Compare Dr. Fessler

You've got options

We're finding other great Providers for you to consider.