Dr. Thomas Dunn, MD

Dr. Thomas Dunn, MD

Orthopedic Surgery  |

Dr. Thomas Dunn, MD is an orthopedic surgery doctor who practices in Las Vegas, NV. He is 60 years old and has been practicing for 32 years. Dr. Dunn is affiliated with Centennial Hills Hospital Medical Center, Desert Springs Hospital Medical Center, Sunrise Hospital and Medical Center, Southern Hills Hospital and Medical Center, St. Rose Dominican, Rose de Lima Campus and St. Rose Dominican, Siena Campus.

Desert Orthopaedic Center

2800 E Desert Inn Rd Ste 100

Las Vegas, NV 89121

Learn about Dr. Dunn

I have been fortunate enough to build an excellent reputation not only regarding the success of my clinical and surgical results, but also regarding my very conservative approach to spinal disorders. I strive to have an approachable personality and "bedside manner" because I emphasize patient communication to facilitate clear understanding of the patient's diagnosis, prognosis and treatment options, as well as putting my patients at ease regarding their condition.

Dr. Dunn's Experience

Dr. Dunn's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Orthopedic Surgery
  • Board certified in Orthopedic Surgery

Accredited by: American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery*

• Ataxia
  • Gout
  • Internal Derangement of Knee
  • Knee Fracture
  • Leg Fracture Above Knee (incl. Hip)
  • Lumbar Spine Fracture
  • Shoulder Impingement Syndrome

• Dural Repair or Other Spinal Cord Repair
  • Excision of Scapula, Clavicle, Rib, or Sternum
  • Herniated Disc Surgery
  • Lamina Procedures (incl. Laminectomy, Laminoplasty, Laminotomy)
  • Spinal Cord Stimulation
  • Spinal Fusion
  • Spinal Reconstructive Surgery for Deformities

No malpractice history found for Nevada.

• University Of California, Irvine, College Of Medicine
    Medical School | Graduated 1985
  • University Calif Irvine Med Center
    Internship Hospital | Completed 1986
  • University Calif Irvine Med Center
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1987
  • Rancho Los Amigos Hospital
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 1992

Dr. Dunn has no media or publications listed.

• Chinese
  • French

Dr. Dunn does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Dunn and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

St. Rose Dominican, Rose de Lima Campus

is a Recipient of a Healthgrades Excellence Award
Patient Safety Excellence Award

Hospital Quality Award

Dr. Dunn is on the medical staff at our top-rated hospital.

View Awards

Dr. Dunn's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Dunn to family and friends
4.3
Dr. Dunn's Performance
Moreno Valley, CA |
Dr. Thomas Dunn is an excellent professional, He dedicares me all the time necessary to explain my diagnosis in detail, the whole medical team was very kind and I received a very good treatment, I really recommend it to everyone !!
Bellflower, CA |
Dr Dunn patience was wonderful. He took his time to explain my CT scan and MRI to my understanding. I would recommend him to my friends and family...
in Henderson, NV |
Dr. Dunn is a true gem! I have NEVER had a doctor take as much time to fully explain not only what my diagnosis is but to also explain how he got to that diagnosis. Clearly and concisely. Not once making me feel as if my questions were remedial or unworthy of his time. Most surgeons want to do surgery, but Dr. Dunn is solely concerned with his patients best interest and only advocates surgical intervention as a last possible resort. His staff is every bit kind, and compassionate!
in Henderson, NV |
I didn't see Dr. Dunn. I saw the PA-C Richard Mateyka He was very thorough and explained everything to me. He is an asset to Desert Orthopaedic Center. Your entire staff was very cordial and helpful.
Henderson, NV |
The wait time was long,the staff was wonderful and very friendly.
in Las Vegas, NV |
Saw Dr, Dunn, today for a hernia disc in my lower back. He was great, offered alternatives to surgery and stated that surgery should be the last option. Rarely are you going to have a surgeon, not want to do surgery right away. He took his time with me and was very pleasant His back office staff were wonderful. I just can't say enough nice things a him or his staff. I would and will recommend him to anyone that needs to see a Orthopedic Doctor.
in Las Vegas, NV |
Knowledgeable professional, however felt he was in a big rush, made me feel he had to get to next patient. I had to stop him in order to tell him more about my problem. Felt diagnosis was too simple (take fish oil supplements) for a problem that has worsened gradually over 11 month span. He may be correct, but I wanted to find source of pain, fix the problem, not just the symptom.
in North Las Vegas, NV |
Dr. Dunn was very professional and did a great job explaining what he was doing and why. His team also did a great job. Overall a great experience and I will recommend him to anyone I know who needs the services he provides
in Las Vegas, NV |
I was referred to Dr. Dunn. I was impressed with his professional demeanor and I was pleased with the time he gave me and his detailed explanation with my diagnosis. Dr. Dunn will be following up with me in the future.
in Las Vegas, NV |
Dr. Dunn is the real deal, a gentle man with an incredible bedside manner and educates in lay terms so that one can understand what is going on. Had an experience going to a different doc, won't mention names who literally brought me to tears upon leaving his office. My faith has been restored because of Dr. Dunn, he took over 30 minutes going over everything regarding my condition and how he could help me. Look no further, he is the best in the area.
in Las Vegas |
Absolutely love my experience with Dr Dunn.
Las Vegas, Nevada |
My husband and I have seen several doctors at Desert Orthopaedic Center and they are all excellent. I have been a patient of Dr. Dunn for over 8 years. He is professional and compassionate. He truly cares and treats everyone with respect. Rich and his whole staff have the same qualities. I am so thankful to have them for my orthopaedic needs.
in Las Vegas, NV |
Best orthopedic doctor in Las Vegas and I have been to a few. He spent a lot of time with me and did not treat me like a number. Dr. Dunn is a great guy and I highly recommend him.
in Las Vegas, NV |
Very caring spends a lot of time explaining everything to you, and every option that is available to you depending on your medical issue,
in Las Vegas, NV |
I can't say enough good things about Dr. Thomas Dunn and his certified Physician Assistant, Richard Mateyka, PA-C. I recently had Lumbar surgery performed by Dr. Dunn and it could not have been a better experience, from start to finish, considering I needed surgery to correct a herniated disc. If you are in need of back or neck surgery, I highly recommend Dr. Dunn and his entire staff. You'll be in the very best of hands.
Have you seen Dr. Thomas Dunn, MD?
Are you Dr. Dunn?