Dr. Thomas Dowling Jr, MD

Dr. Thomas Dowling Jr, MD

Orthopedic Spine Surgery | Male

A Comprehensive Approach to Treatment

At Long Island Spine Specialists, P.C., we know how debilitating back and neck disorders can be for our patients. We also know that when it comes to treating these conditions, finding the treatment option that best meets each patient's individual needs is perhaps the most important aspect to successfully alleviating or managing back and neck pain.

As a patient at Long Island Spine Specialists, P.C. you can be sure that your treatment plan reflects your specific needs and concerns and will be carried out by physicians and surgeons who are recognized leaders in the field. We work as a team to help you effectively manage your condition and improve your quality of life.

THOMAS J. DOWLING, JR., M.D.

Dr. Dowling is the founding partner of Long Island Spine Specialists. He is a Board Certified Orthopaedic Spine Surgeon with extensive fellowship training in spinal disorders and neurosurgery. He is known for his perseverance and commitment to the best possible outcome for his patients by using conservative methods and surgical treatment when indicated.

Dr. Dowling is on the Board of Directors of the New York State Society of Orthopaedic Surgeons and the Catholic Health Services of Long Island. He holds appointments in healthcare and community organizations, lectures both nationally and internationally and has authored numerous articles and book chapters in professional publications.

Medical Degree: Boston University, Boston, Massachusetts

Internship/Residency:

• General Surgery Resident: North Shore University Hospital Manhasset, New York
  • Orthopaedic Resident: State University of NewYork at Stony Brook Stony Brook, New York

Fellowships:

• Neurosurgical Spine Fellow: North Shore University Hospital, Manhasset, New York
  • Clinical Spine Fellow: Toronto General Hospital and Mount Sinai Hospital Toronto, Canada

Professional Affiliations:

• North Shore University Hospital, Manhasset, New York
  • St. Francis Hospital, Roslyn, New York
  • Peconic Bay Medical Center, Riverhead

Dr. Dowling Jr's Experience

See how Dr. Dowling Jr's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Dowling Jr

Dr. Dowling Jr accepts 3 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 6 hospitals where Dr. Dowling Jr has admitting privileges.

Dr. Dowling Jr's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Dowling Jr to family and friends
    4.3
    Dr. Dowling Jr's Performance
    in Huntington Station, NY |
    Dr. Dowling is a phenomenal doctor. He always takes the time to answer all of my questions and he is a very skilled surgeon. I am very pleased with the excellent care that I receive here from Dr Dowling. I highly recommend him he is very trustworthy.
    in Wantagh, NY |
    Dr Dowling is so thorough. I have never met a doctor that took so much time to explain everything to me and made sure that I understood everything. The staff here is wonderful from check in to check out and making appointments to the nurse that took me in. I am so happy with the care that I am receiving at Long Island Spine I know that I am in the best hands.
    in Commack, NY |
    I have been a patient of Dr Dowling for years and it has always been a pleasure to see him. He is a very talented surgeon and has always been so kind to me and has always taken his time with me to explain everything to me. His bed side manner is the best I have ever encountered and I highly recommend him.
    in Huntington Station, NY |
    Dr. Dowling is a fantastic surgeon. I have been a patient of Dr Dowling since 1994. He has always been so patient with me I have had great results from my surgery. My life has significantly improved I am pain free thanks to him. The staff is amazing and very polite this is the only doctors office that I enjoy coming to. I highly recommend him.
    in Bay Shore, NY |
    Dr Dowling did my lumbar surgery and it was very successful. I couldn't even walk due to debilitating pain he made sure to get me in right away because of the gravity of my pain I was wheel chaired bound I had my surgery and the next day I was already on my feet walking with no pain. I am grateful to Dr Dowling for giving me my quality of life back. The staff here is amazing and I highly recommend. His bed side manner is superb. He made sure to follow up with me right after surgery.
    in Commack, NY |
    Dr Dowling is the best doctor I have been a long term patient of his and he has always taken the time to answer all of my questions and after all of these years I am never rushed and I feel like family his bed side manner is like no other and my surgery was a success I come for just follow ups now but it is always a pleasure his medical expertise is superb and I have recommended him to many friends and family
    in Holbrook, NY |
    This was my first visit with Dr Dowling and I was very impressed he is an amazing doctor he took his time to answer all of my questions from the moment I walked in it was a pleasure from the front desk to the nurse and the back desk even making the appointment everyone there was so happy and polite I highly recommend this office and trust Dr Dowling with my treatment plan
    in Hauppauge, NY |
    I was promptly taken back to the office as soon as I filled out my paperwork the nurse took my information easily Dr. Dowling within 10 minutes which is fast compared to other dr offices he is always very thorough with me and listens to all that I have to say and he answers all of my question. His staff is very helpful and supportive he is a very skilled surgeon and I highly recommend this office
    in Brooklyn, NY |
    Dr Dowling is an excellent doctor! He is always very informative and I am always pleased when I come here!! The office is so beautiful and the staff always courteous! I am very happy here! and I highly recommend this office!
    in Kings Park, NY |
    Dr Dowling is a great doctor who has operated on my back and it was a success. I highly recommend this office
    in Port Jefferson Station, NY |
    I have been a patient for 4 years. Dr. Dowling is very professional, caring, and thorogh, I always left my appointment feeling relaxed and knowing i was in the best care possible. I never had to worry, i knew everything was ok, with him as my doctor.
    in Centereach, NY |
    I had my second back surgery with Dr. Dowling as my first, with another physician, did not work. I am getting my life back thanks to Dr. Dowling.
    in Kings Park, NY |
    Dr Dowling is an amazing doctor he takes his time to explain everything to me at every visit. My surgery with him was very successful and I am doing a lot better now thanks to Dr Dowling. The staff is very nice especially the X-ray tech and the back desk. I highly recommend this practice. I am very satisfied with the care that I have received here.
    Have you seen Dr. Thomas Dowling Jr, MD?
    Are you Dr. Dowling Jr?

Dr. Dowling Jr says...

THOMAS J. DOWLING, JR., M.D.

Medical Degree: Boston University, Boston, Massachusetts

• St. Francis Hospital, Roslyn, New York
    • Peconic Bay Medical Center, Riverhead

Dr. Dowling Jr's Care Philosophy

A Comprehensive Approach to Treatment

Dr. Dowling Jr's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Orthopedic Spine Surgery
    •  Board certified in Orthopedic Surgery

• Castle Connolly Top Doctors New York Metro Area: 1998 to 2011, 1988-2011

Dr. Dowling Jr has no media or publications listed.

No malpractice history found for New York.

Why It Matters: Dr. Dowling Jr's Board Certifications

• Coccyx or Sacrum Fracture
    • Complications of Joint Prosthesis
    • Compression Fracture
    • Degenerative Spine Disorders
    • Diffuse Idiopathic Skeletal Hyperostosis (DISH)
    • Hip Bursitis
    • Kyphosis
    • Lumbar Disc Degeneration
    • Lumbar Herniated Disc
    • Lumbar Radiculopathy
    • Lumbar Spine Fracture
    • Lupus
    • Neck Pain
    • Neck Strain (incl. Whiplash Injury)
    • Non-Unions and Malunions of Fractures

Completed in 1988

Neurosurgical Spine Fellow: North Shore University Hospital
      Boston University School Of Medicine

Graduated in 1980

Dr. Dowling Jr does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Dowling Jr and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Orthopedic Spine Surgery

• Epidural Block, Facet Blocks
    • Herniated Disc Surgery
    • Kyphoplasty
    • Kyphosis Surgery
    • Lamina Procedures (incl. Laminectomy, Laminoplasty, Laminotomy)
    • Laminectomy