Dr. Thomas Dovan, MD

Dr. Thomas Dovan, MD

Orthopedic Hand Surgery | Male

Elite Sports Medicine and Orthopaedic Center provides comprehensive orthopaedic care and services throughout Tennessee and the southeast region. Our mission is to provide unsurpassed orthopaedic care to our patients so that they may pursue and maintain more healthy and active lifestyles.

Dr. Thomas Dovan, MD is an orthopedic hand surgery doctor who practices in Nashville, TN. He is 49 years old and has been practicing for 20 years. Dr. Dovan is affiliated with Tristar Centennial Medical Center, Saint Thomas Midtown Hospital and Williamson Medical Center.

Dr. Dovan's Experience

See how Dr. Dovan's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Dovan

Dr. Dovan accepts 8 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 3 hospitals where Dr. Dovan has admitting privileges.

Dr. Dovan's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Dovan to family and friends
Dr. Dovan's Performance
in Franklin, TN |
I have had surgery on both hands, plus other procedures performed by Dr. Dovan. I was very pleased with the outcomes. I have always been able to get a prompt appointment. The office staff (Franklin Office) is very friendly and efficient. The surgical staff is also very friendly and helpful. The follow-up therapy has always been great. I would highly recommend Elite Sports and Dr. Dovan in particular.
in NASHVILLE, TN |
I FOUND DR DOVAN TO BE FRIENDLY, AWARE AND CARING ABOUT PATIENT ISSUES, A VER Y THOROUGH PHYSICIAN IN HIS EXAM PROCEDURES, EVALUATION OF OPTIONS FOR ME, AND DETERMINED TO DEAL WITH ST THOMAS OPERATING CENTER CANCELING MY SURGERY HOURS BEFORE IT WAS SCHEDULED DAYS BEFORE AND OPERATING ON ME IN CENTENNIAL OPERATING CENTER AS SCHEDULED WITH TOTAL SUCCESS FOR ME, THE PATIENT! I ADMIRE DR DOVAN'S COMPLETION OF MY SURGERY WITH SUCH COURAGE.
in Chattanooga, TN |
I am seeing another doctor at Elite for spine issues (numbness of hands etc.) they did a nerve conduction study that revealed carpal tunnel Dr. Dovan did surgery (went really well @ St Thomas, great staff). So far so good, doing as told and letting heal. Going into surgery I had the utmost confidence in Dr. Dovan, I would highly recommend him (I drove almost 3 hours to have the best) and am so glad I did. Benjamin S.
in Carthage, TN |
Dr. Dovan and his team are remarkable. Dr. Dovan has the best bedside manner! Kate, his NP, was equally the same! They took such good care of my 8 year old daughter like she was their own. We will be forever grateful and never go anywhere else.
Nashville, TN |
Dr. Dovan is a very knowledgeable and caring physician. I cannot say enough good things about him and his staff! I would not go anywhere else but Elite Sports Medicine for my Orthopedic needs!
Nashville, TN |
Dr. Dovan is one of the best doctors I have ever had to see. He was so caring & actually spent time talking with me and making sure I understood how to make the best decision for myself. He performed surgery on my finger and I'm almost as good as new! I am thankful for Dr. Dovan and his staff. I was nervous about going to a facility that was so fancy but they made me feel super comfortable. Excellent doctor, excellent staff.
in Bowling Green, KY |
Dr. Dovan is excellent. He is always willing to listen. He did a great job getting me back to work in less time than anticipated. He is a true Professional. I would highly recommend him. Wow service and care.
Bowling Green, KY |
My daughter had an accident at school and was told by other doctors that her nail bed was just too damaged to do anything about it. I contacted Dr. Dovan's office due to the fracture and he seen us that week. His whole team was exceptional. He addressed both issues and I never felt like I was crazy for wanting to fix my daughter's nail bed along with fractures, even though she probably could have lived without a fingernail. I would recommend Dr.Dovan's Office to anyone.
in Franklin, TN |
I have referred many people to Dr. Dovan! He put my daughter's hand back together after breaking all 4 metacarpals. Her previous doctor had said there was nothing more could be done. I have also had Dr. Dovan perform 3 separate successful surgeries on my dominant hand. Dr. Dovan is so thorough in his examination, as well as, explanation. He is a perfectionist!
Nashville, TN |
Dr. Dovan is a very kind and patient doctor. He has treated my grandfather, my father and now me. He has a great staff of nurses who very kind and happy.
in Nashville, TN |
I first started seeing Dr. Dovan for my hand. After seeing him for several years and helping to fix my issues, he has always given me options for now and in the future. Recently, when my son received a hand injury that required on Ortho Doc, Dr. Dovan was the first person we called. He is an EXCELLENT doctor, his nurses are TOP NOTCH!! They all greet you with a smile, everytime!! Great bedside manners from Dr. Dovan and his staff!!! He is the little guy with the big smile!!
in Franklin, TN |
Great Doctor! Extremely knowledgeable and very skilled. Highly recommend him.
in Franklin TN |
Very professional physician and staff. Called Friday and got in in Monday. Very little waiting. Explained my problem and options very well. Would recommend this Doctor and this practice!
Nashville, TN |
I had surgery with Dr Dovan and could not have picked a better surgeon. His staff is professional, caring, and very informative. He explained my options and went through risks and benefits with me. My follow up care was excellent. I am feeling better than ever after surgery and would highly recommend seeing Dr. Dovan for your orthopedic needs!
in Nashville, TN |
Dr. Dovan is a good orthopedic surgeon, but he is abrupt and did not listen to me. His young nurse was very disrespectful to me--truly unlike anyone I've ever encountered outside a classroom of young, privileged college students. I'm pretty easy-going in this sort of encounter but they really rubbed me the wrong way. I guess it is because I am from a pretty privileged background myself that I found their arrogance offensive rather than shrugging it off as a matter of course.
Bowling Green, KY |
Dr Dovan has performed three very successful surgeries on my arthritic hands. He also performed successful broken arm surgeries on friends of mine. Without any shadow of a doubt, Dr Dovan is simply the best hand and arm surgeon. He is a charming unassuming doctor who has a great gift. He can perform the most intricate of hand surgeries bringing about a beautiful result! I am more grateful than I can say to Dr. Dovan . After years of pain and a torn tendon, he has given me two new hands!
in Hendersonville, TN |
The best Doctor and staff I have ever been to. Was told about Dr. Dovan thru a scrub nurse and she said he had the best hands in surgery. Without a doubt the best hand and shoulder surgeon in Nashville. He works with the Tennessee Titans and a lot of pro athletes.
Have you seen Dr. Thomas Dovan, MD?
Are you Dr. Dovan?

Compare Dr. Dovan

Dr. Dovan's Care Philosophy

Dr. Dovan's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Orthopedic Hand Surgery
  •  Board certified in Hand Surgery and Orthopedic Surgery

Dr. Dovan has no media or publications listed.

No malpractice history found for Tennessee.

Why It Matters: Dr. Dovan's Board Certifications

• De Quervain's Disease
  • Dupuytren's Contracture
  • Elbow Bursitis
  • Elbow Sprain
  • Fracture of Hand (incl. Fingers)
  • Ganglion Cyst
  • Glenoid Labrum Tear
  • Gout
  • Hand Fracture
  • Hand Injury
  • Knee Dislocation
  • Knee Sprain
  • Lateral Collateral Ligament (LCL) Sprain
  • Lateral and Medial Epicondylitis (Tennis and Golf Elbow)
  • Leg Fracture Above Knee (incl. Hip)
  • Leg Fracture Below Knee (incl. Ankle)
  • Non-Unions and Malunions of Fractures

Washington University

Completed in 2003

Rutgers University / New Brunswick Campus

Graduated in 1992

Dr. Dovan does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Dovan and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Orthopedic Hand Surgery