Dr. Thomas Dougherty, DDS

Dr. Thomas Dougherty, DDS

Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery | Male | 64 years old

Learn about this dentist

Dr. Dougherty practices Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery at 1 location in Wilmington, DE.

Are you Dr. Dougherty? Add your own statement here.

Dr. Dougherty's Experience

Visiting Dr. Dougherty

Dr. Dougherty accepts 19 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 2 hospitals where Dr. Dougherty has admitting privileges.

Hospital Quality Awards

Experience with Dr. Dougherty
Dr. Dougherty's Office & Staff
    16 – 30 minutes (24)
Newark, DE |
For a 15 minute consultation appointment, this dentist charged us for a 45+ minute consultation. He did not exhibit respect for other points of view brought up in the consultation. Although his office staff are very nice, his arrogant manner dissuaded me from a return visit.
in Middletown, DE |
Dr. Dougherty was amazing. I had minimal pain and no complications. I was back on normal food within a few days and did not have to take the pain killers that were prescribed.
in Hockessin, DE |
I have been seeing Dr. Dougherty for the past 3-4 years for a surgery to correct my underbite. It was an incredibly tedious process that is finally coming to a close with my last appointment just a month away. His staff is so supportive and great about coordinating with my orthodontist and the hospital where I had the surgery. The procedure itself went fantastic. He absolutely nailed the surgery and my recovery was quicker than expected. I couldnt be happier that I stuck with him and got it done
in Middletown, DE |
I took my 16 year old to Dr. Dougherty to get her 4 wisdom teeth out. She had never been under anesthesia so I was very nervous. We went into the office and had our consultation the same day she was scheduled for her extractions. The office staff was so efficient and nice and made me feel so relaxed. Prior to the extraction Dr. Dougherty came into the room and talked with me and told me not to worry and it would not be long. He was right! Everything was wonderful. Love the doctor & staff!
Wilmington, DE |
His office puts shame in the Dougherty name. They're not upfront at all about how much procedures will cost and they're almost never available to answer the phone. They want 800$ but have no online method of payment and it's a process to get ahold of them otherwise you gotta go out of your way and pay for a money and some stamps or drive to their office just to give them an outrageous amount of money. Just a horrible experience that will never bring me or my friends and family back.
in Newark, DE |
Dr Dougherty was a pleasant man, if not a bit hurried. He made small talk and was less-prone to explain things thoroughly to me without my asking. However I hold him in high regard as my 4 wisdom teeth removal, including 1 impaction and 1 boney impaction, went smooth. Having never had surgery or been knocked out I was more than a little timid about the procedure. At all points before, during, and after surgery I felt confident in the doctor. He worked quickly and efficiently, business-like.
My son had his wisdom teeth removed. Unfortunately, he had to wait for an hour in the surgical room by himself. We weren't told about the delay; we were just left to wonder. He also didn't receive enough pre surgical information. Later he developed dry sockets. We went to the doc on call. This doc gave him a syringe for cleaning his back sockets which tremendously helped. This doc was surprised that Dr. Dougherty didn't supply.
Have you seen Dr. Thomas Dougherty, DDS?
Are you Dr. Dougherty?

Compare Dr. Dougherty

Compare this Dentist
View other dentists with similar experience to find the right dentist for you.

Dr. Dougherty's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery
  •  Malpractice claims in Delaware not available

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Delaware.

• Dentofacial Anomalies
  • Mandibular Hypoplasia
  • Maxillary Hypoplasia

Dr. Dougherty does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Dougherty and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery