Dr. Thomas Dougherty, DDS

Dr. Thomas Dougherty, DDS

Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery  |
Dr. Thomas Dougherty, DDS is a dentist who practices in Wilmington, DE. He is 65 years old. Dr. Dougherty is affiliated with Christiana Care Health System - Christiana Hospital and Wilmington Hospital.

5317 Limestone Rd # Weatherhill

• Mandibular Hypoplasia
  • Maxillary Hypoplasia

• Abscess or Cyst Drainage or Aspiration
  • Facial Reconstruction

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Delaware.

Education data for Dr. Dougherty is unavailable at this time.

Dr. Dougherty has no awards or honors listed.

Dr. Dougherty has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Dougherty does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Dougherty and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Dougherty's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Dougherty to family and friends
3.4
Dr. Dougherty's Performance
in Delaware |
My experience was very good. I don't care for the wait time upon arrival and once in a room. They need to work on that. But I have nothing but good things to say about Dr Dougherty and his staff. I had two molers pulled and for the first time I did not experience any pain. He is THAT GOOD!
in Tucson, AZ |
Dr. Dougherty did an extensive amount of restorative work on my mouth over 15 years ago with dental implants. This work was done over a period of four years. He also extracted wisdom teeth for my adolescent son. I moved to Arizona three years ago and since have had two exemplary dentists compliment his work on my mouth! The implants have held strong and after 15+ years are in great shape. I especially appreciated his kindness and willingness to explain everything.
in New Castle, DE |
Dr Dougherty and his staff are very professional, kind, and knowledgeable!
in 2 breeze hill rd |
Love Dr. And his staff . But I think he over schedule. If you planning to have surgery make sure your his first one . Long long wait.
Newark, DE |
For a 15 minute consultation appointment, this dentist charged us for a 45+ minute consultation. He did not exhibit respect for other points of view brought up in the consultation. Although his office staff are very nice, his arrogant manner dissuaded me from a return visit.
in Middletown, DE |
Dr. Dougherty was amazing. I had minimal pain and no complications. I was back on normal food within a few days and did not have to take the pain killers that were prescribed.
in Hockessin, DE |
I have been seeing Dr. Dougherty for the past 3-4 years for a surgery to correct my underbite. It was an incredibly tedious process that is finally coming to a close with my last appointment just a month away. His staff is so supportive and great about coordinating with my orthodontist and the hospital where I had the surgery. The procedure itself went fantastic. He absolutely nailed the surgery and my recovery was quicker than expected. I couldnt be happier that I stuck with him and got it done
in Middletown, DE |
I took my 16 year old to Dr. Dougherty to get her 4 wisdom teeth out. She had never been under anesthesia so I was very nervous. We went into the office and had our consultation the same day she was scheduled for her extractions. The office staff was so efficient and nice and made me feel so relaxed. Prior to the extraction Dr. Dougherty came into the room and talked with me and told me not to worry and it would not be long. He was right! Everything was wonderful. Love the doctor & staff!
Wilmington, DE |
His office puts shame in the Dougherty name. They're not upfront at all about how much procedures will cost and they're almost never available to answer the phone. They want 800$ but have no online method of payment and it's a process to get ahold of them otherwise you gotta go out of your way and pay for a money and some stamps or drive to their office just to give them an outrageous amount of money. Just a horrible experience that will never bring me or my friends and family back.
in Newark, DE |
Dr Dougherty was a pleasant man, if not a bit hurried. He made small talk and was less-prone to explain things thoroughly to me without my asking. However I hold him in high regard as my 4 wisdom teeth removal, including 1 impaction and 1 boney impaction, went smooth. Having never had surgery or been knocked out I was more than a little timid about the procedure. At all points before, during, and after surgery I felt confident in the doctor. He worked quickly and efficiently, business-like.
My son had his wisdom teeth removed. Unfortunately, he had to wait for an hour in the surgical room by himself. We weren't told about the delay; we were just left to wonder. He also didn't receive enough pre surgical information. Later he developed dry sockets. We went to the doc on call. This doc gave him a syringe for cleaning his back sockets which tremendously helped. This doc was surprised that Dr. Dougherty didn't supply.
Have you seen Dr. Thomas Dougherty, DDS?
Are you Dr. Dougherty?

Newark, DE 19718
Wilmington Hospital
501 W 14th St
Wilmington, DE 19801

View other dentists with similar experience to find the right dentist for you.