Orthopedic Sports Medicine  |
Dr. Thomas DeBerardino, MD
Dr. DeBerardino is a nationally renowned orthopaedic surgeon who specializes in sports medicine and arthroscopic surgery of the knee, hip and shoulder. Dr. DeBerardino has a special interest in the management of complex injuries of the knee and shoulder and arthroscopic management of hip impingement and labral tear management in young active adults. Dr. DeBerardino recently moved back to San Antonio after spending the last fifteen years at the United States Military Academy where he was the Head Team Physician for the collegiate athletic teams and Director of the Sports Medicine Fellowship program and most recently as a team physician for the University of Connecticut athletic teams including football and the men's and women's basketball programs. Dr. DeBerardino is author of over 70 scientific publications on ligament, tendon and cartilage injuries of the knee, shoulder, and hip. He has won several prestigious awards including the AOSSM NCAA Research Award; the Aircast Award for Clinical Science Presentation; and the AOSSM-ESSKA European Traveling Fellowship. He is a member of many national and international professional societies including: the American Orthopaedic Society for Sports Medicine, the International ACL Study Group and the prestigious Herodicus Society. Dr. DeBerardino also has a special interest in procedures to preserve the hip and knee joints. He has a special interest in the use of hip arthroscopic procedures to avoid the development of arthritis and osteotomies and cartilage repair procedures to limit degeneration of the knee joint.

400 Concord Plaza Dr Ste 300

San Antonio, TX 78216

• Community Health Network
  • CoreSource
  • Golden Rule

Learn about Dr. DeBerardino

See how frequently Dr. DeBerardino performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Knee Disorders
Osteoarthritis of Knee
Tibia and Fibula Fractures

Dr. DeBerardino's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

This content was provided by Dr. DeBerardino "Provide state-of-the-art treatment options for complex sports injuries with emphasis on shoulder instability and rotator cuff tears and multiligamentous knee, cartilage, and meniscus injuries."

• Orthopedic Sports Medicine

• Minimally Invasive Knee Replacement
  • Multi-Ligament Knee Reconstruction
  • Partial Knee Replacement
  • Partial Knee Resurfacing
  • Platelet-Rich Plasma Injection (PRP)
  • Rotator Cuff Surgery

• Keller Army Hospital
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 1997
  • Us Army Institute Surgery Rsch
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 1996

Dr. DeBerardino has no media or publications listed.

Dr. DeBerardino does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. DeBerardino and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. DeBerardino's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. DeBerardino to family and friends
4.2
Dr. DeBerardino's Performance
in San Antonio, TX |
We will recommend Dr. D most positively. I am writing this as a father, but in concurrence/consensus with my daughter Sanum Khan, who underwent surgery of her left knee. I have a great respect for his confidence, cheerfulness, ease of getting along. The day my daughter was having surgery, I was concerned, but Dr. D was jubilant and joking. When Sanum regains 100% mobility, I will revisit this site to shower superlative remarks. Dr.D's office staff is excellent, particularly Ms. Kristina Hudson.
in Bandera, TX |
Dr. DeBerardino is wonderful I had shoulder surgery 4 yrs ago another dr it was the most painful surgery ever. I had to have it done again and i was so scared. Dr DeBerardino had to do more this time the pain was very bare able not anything like last time. My shoulder feels great after 8 weeks. If you Need shoulder, hip, or knee surgery this is the Dr you want.
in Helotes, TX |
I injured my left knee June 28 2017. I This same day I went to the Ortho walk in clinic. Xrays and MRI were done. I was given appt to see Dr DeBarardino. On July7th I met Dr DeBaradino at the Santa Rosa Tower location. The Dr was very friendly, and patient with me as he explained the options I had for my torn Meniscus. Dr DeBeradino preformed the surgery on July 11th. Surgery went well as did the followup appt. Dr DeBaradino is very skilled and explains every step of the way.
in San Antonio, TX |
Dr. DeBerardino not only helped me but literally changed my life. I was 35 when I had a Total Knee Replacement. It never worked correctly again only bending to 80-85 degrees. I had seen 3 other surgeons to help with the problem and they all turned me down until now. I am 6 weeks out of surgery and I am at 106 degree bend. Best I have had in over 4 years. I can now give my kids baths without pain and ride a bike. Things I could not do. I highly recommend Dr. DeBerardino.
in San Antonio |
Dr. DeBerardino is kind and caring. He has a wonderful personality and puts his patients at ease quickly. He took great care of repairing my broken ankle. Going back to him for knee! Can't say enough good about him.
in southington, CT |
I have a sister with Cerebral Palsy. While moving her in bed a few years ago her hip broke. I was an absolute mess.. Dr. Deberardino performed her surgery and I could not have been happier. He is the kindest, gentlest doctor (and man) I have ever dealt with. I am now looking at knee replacement surgery and he is my first choice. Will edit this once that is over and done with.
in Manchester Connecticut |
Dr Debaradino did my knee surgery. He is not only the nicest Dr. I have ever had the pleasure of deling with. He made me feel so at ease, took excellent care of me. His friendly, absolutely happy & outgoing bed side manor is very hard to come bye these days.He is honest and to the point.But truly cares about his patients. Many Dr's / Surgeons could take a few pages from his book! He is top In his field.As far as I'm concerned I wouldnt trust anyone else to take care of me. Best experience ever.
in Farmingdale, NY |
Our son hyperextended his knee playing SCSU football. Tore PCL, meniscus, hamstring. 6 months later he is walking normally with no pain and working out to play football next season. Hands down greatest bedside manner. Couldn't be more thankful to have had DR. Deberadino put our sons knee back together 110%.
Have you seen Dr. Thomas DeBerardino, MD?
Are you Dr. DeBerardino?