Dr. Thomas Craven, MD

Orthopedic Surgery | Male

Central States Ortho Specs 6585 S Yale Ave Ste 200 Tulsa, OK 74136 Get Directions
Dr. Thomas Craven, MD
Dr. Thomas Craven, MD is an orthopedic surgery doctor who practices in Tulsa, OK. He is 54 years old and has been practicing for 28 years. Dr. Craven is affiliated with Saint Francis Hospital, Hillcrest Hospital- South and Oklahoma Surgical Hospital.

Dr. Craven's Experience

See how Dr. Craven's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Craven

Dr. Craven accepts 8 insurance carriers

Dr. Craven is now accepting new patients

Check out the quality of care at the 3 hospitals where Dr. Craven has admitting privileges.

Dr. Craven's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Craven to family and friends
2.1
Dr. Craven's Performance
Tulsa, OK |
Highly knowledgeable with excellent communication skills regarding explaining condition and treatment options. Very eager and at ease with Dr Craven handling the upcoming surgery on my cervical spine.
Jenks, OK |
Wouldn't recommend this jerk to my worst enemy. Arrogant as can be. He was so unprofessional. Ripping other doctors. I waited 2 hours for this? What a joke!!!
in Tahlequah, OK |
Very rude, his back hurts too, its arthritis, you don't need injections, do you and your spouse always wear matching shirts.
Cedar Hill, MO |
Very bad experience going to this Dr., especially the extreme rudeness of front receptionist...Do not recommend!
Dallas, TX |
He is a very poor excuse for a human being. I should have listened to the bad reviews instead of going with who my general doc referred me to. I will be telling my doc never to send patients to him. Rude, condescending and I overheard him talking bad about coworkers and other staff. I could hear him talking about another patient being overweight in deragorty terms. He is one of the rudest most arrogant doctors I've ever met. I'm changing to one of his partners for my surgery.
in Tulsa, OK |
Wow saw him 3 years ago and nothing has changed! God complex is perfect explanation! All he cares about is surgery where he makes his money at least the way it seemed to me! Hey just an opinion BTW when I left him, work comp nurse told next doctor about me posting the survey on here, not very professional Huh
in Bixby ok |
He did surgery on my neck 2 weeks ago. It was my first surgery ever. I was very comfortable with him and so was my husband. I feel so much better, so much faster than I ever expected. I would definitely use him again and recommend him highly.
in Tulsa, OK |
From what he told me he gets poor reviews and knows it. I wish I would have known it because I would have never made an appointment with him. He also told me about his God complex. After 15 min of talking about himself he told me my neck is normal and he decided I had Fibromyalgia. I have NO trigger points, just a sore neck. The xray showed my neck is very straight and nothing like a normal neck. I have 5 bulging discs (MRI) & that is where the problem lies. Do not go to this Dr.
Tulsa, OK |
I was referred to Dr. Craven by my PCP. He did not listen to me and was very rushed. He did not seem concerned about my pain whatsoever. He dismissed my bulging disk pain as fibromyalgia and recommended physical therapy. I asked him if that would help my leg pain and he said we hope so as he was walking out the door. I would not recommend him to anyone. I let my PCP's nurse practitioner know what happened.
Oklahoma |
Quick. I read negative reviews about Dr. Craven, but thought I'd give him benefit of the doubt.He didn't want to hear anything I said- and when I went to speak he cut me off! Then he has the nerve to tell me my story didn't add up! The MRI doesn't lie, neither does my surgery scars x2. I wouldn't recommend my worst enemy to him. He never even went over my MRI Report with me. He used acronyms and sent me on my way. I had to ask the nurse what they meant. If I could give him neg. stars I would
Have you seen Dr. Thomas Craven, MD?
Are you Dr. Craven?

Compare Dr. Craven

Dr. Craven's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Orthopedic Surgery
  •  No board certification on record with Healthgrades
  •  Malpractice claims in Oklahoma not available

Dr. Craven has no awards or honors listed.

• Atrial Natriuretic Peptides: The Role of Phenylalanne on Biological Activity, 1988
    • The effects of implant stiffness on the bypassed bone mineral density and facet fusion stiffness of the canine spine, 1994
    • The effect of delayed repair on microvascular patency rates, 1995

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Oklahoma.

• Broken Neck
  • De Quervain's Disease
  • Ganglion Cyst
  • Gout
  • Hip Sprain
  • Leg Fracture Above Knee (incl. Hip)
  • Lumbar Spine Fracture
  • Lupus
  • Neck Strain (incl. Whiplash Injury)
  • Osteoarthritis of Ankle and Foot

Orthopedic Surgery Residency, University Of Kansas Medical Center, 1990-94
    The State University Of New York At Buffalo, Spinal Surgery Fellowship
    Bethel College, Ba

Graduated in 1985

Dr. Craven does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Craven and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Dural Repair or Other Spinal Cord Repair
  • Epidural Block, Facet Blocks
  • Herniated Disc Surgery
  • Lamina Procedures (incl. Laminectomy, Laminoplasty, Laminotomy)
  • Spinal Fusion