Dr. Thomas Coury II, DO

Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation | Male

Desert Sky Spine & Sports 12450 N Rancho Vistoso Blvd Ste 110 Oro Valley, AZ 85755 Get Directions
Dr. Thomas Coury II, DO

Dr. Thomas Coury II, DO is a physical medicine & rehabilitation doctor who practices in Oro Valley, AZ. Dr. Coury II is affiliated with Mount Graham Regional Medical Center, Northwest Medical Center and Oro Valley Hospital.

...See Less

Dr. Coury II's Experience

See how Dr. Coury II's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Coury II

Dr. Coury II accepts 5 insurance carriers

Dr. Coury II is now accepting new patients

Check out the quality of care at the 3 hospitals where Dr. Coury II has admitting privileges.

Dr. Coury II's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Coury II to family and friends
3.0
Dr. Coury II's Performance
Tucson, AZ |
My visit was excellent, the professionalism and respect of Stacy and staff was amazing. I was surprised to see an office manager work so hard she even took the time to open the door for us on our way out, not only for my husband and I but others that needed assistance.
Tucson, AZ |
New patient as of yet very good and helpful. I have a good feeling.
Tucson, AZ |
The Dr. is good. The rest of the staff is not. Front desk never knows what is going on. Communication is key in an office and they are very lacking. Inexperienced tech was working on husband on an in-office procedure and could not get the IV started. It leaked and blood leaked on his clothes and jacket. Going forward all procedures are done at TMC. Getting information out of the office staff is a joke. Right hand doesn't know what the left hand is doing.
Oracle, AZ |
Everyone is so knowledgeable. Dr. Coury is "right on" with injections. Stacy is very thorough and helpful. Thank you so-o-o much
Oracle, AZ |
What can I say, Dr. Coury and his staff have really encouraged me to do better. I am pleased with everything they have done. They have helped me to get off my medications and that was something that I never thought I could live without. There is other treatment and I am happy I allowed them to help me.
Oracle, AZ |
I have been a patient here since 2014. I appreciate all of their help to minimize my pain and daily discomfort. Everyone is extremely kind during my appointments. I also enjoy coming to this office for my procedures or monthly visits.
in Tucson, AZ |
Been a patient of Dr. Coury's for six years now. He's very sensitive, caring, responsive, thorough and willing to spend as much time needed with you. Dr. Coury is extremely knowledgeable, competent and a good listener. He has saved my life reg., Pain Mgmnt. and despite the reviews-I've treated with other Dr.'s listed on HealthGrades without satisfaction. Reg., Bedside manner/staff-Dr. Coury is direct. You must think for them if you want something done.You must bring up everything-Don't wait4them
in Tucson Az |
Dr. Court was parent and knowledgeable at first. Once he is questioned he becomes a very different doctor. His staff gave me narcotic prescriptions that were unsigned by a physician. This mix up caused me to be without medication for over a few day period(weekend). He was also indignant when the proof of staff fault. Also he preformed a nerve block on me knowing he would not allow me to be seen the following day for a follow up. Of course I did not know he would dismiss me.
Tucson Az |
Due to a mix up with staff, I was not informed of all the dos and donts before a spinal procedure. Once this mix up was discovered Dr. Court was very rude and had no bedside manner. I was recovering from anesthesia when he demanded an apology from me regarding the mix up. I was not given a pre procedure paper to take home weeks before, thia caused the mix up. I was dismissed by Dr. Court as a patient but not informed of this until I went to my follow up. I was not allowed to be seen.
Tucson, AZ |
He was very understanding to all of my needs. The injections so helped so well. I feel like i am back to normal again. His staff was very nice and well groomed. I've also recommended friends and family to his office and they have all been very pleased.
in Safford, az |
I really liked the doctors I saw in this office the problems I had was his staff not submitting paperwork to insurance so I could have sleep study done. I am a severe insomniac. This was all very frustrating. Not once but twice this happened. I will not go back due to the ladies in the office. Which makes me sad. Because I did get relief from dr . coury.
Tucson, AZ |
Great bedside manner. Very personable and knowledgeable. Listens to his patients and explains everything very well.
in marana, az |
consulted dr coury for carpal tunnel and he administered test to confirm carpal tunnel. i found him professional and personalble despite many patient in the waiting room. he did seem to spend an inordinate amount of time with me. which is a good thing!
in Tucson, AZ |
Dr. Coury is an excellent physician. He is caring and compassionate. He takes time to listen to my concerns, and answers my questions. He explains my treatment plan so it is understandable. Dr. Coury has been treating my condition for a number of years and I have ALWAYS received excellent care. I have recommended him to others and will continue to do so. His office staff is polite and courteous. His Medical Assistant was professional and efficient.
Tucson, AZ |
This is NOT the place to go if you are NOT a professional sports player that needs a quick fix to get back "in the game" no matter what the drugs are doing to your body! In the three BRIEF appointments with Dr. Coury/other staff/Dr. assistants, etc. I have never been more confused AND irritated at the lack of PROFESSIONAL treatment at his offices! This Dr. does NOT listen to his patients!!! If you don't care about THAT, then go right ahead--you deserve everything you get at this place!
in Tucson, AZ |
Dr Coury is fine but his office is inefficient and impossible to work with. For that reason I could not recommend Dr Coury. There have numerous instances of failed attempts to secure information for insurance purposes. One of these incidents caused a year of miscommunication that resulted in me being billed $2000. for services rec'd but not authorized. The office staff is unfriendly, unhelpful, and there seems to be a constant turnover of people working there. Avoid this office and practice!
in Tucson, AZ |
Dr Coury is an excellent dr very understanding to my son condition. His staff was very nice and sweet also very helpful.
in Tucson, AZ |
I had such a bad experience with the front office staff that I will not be back to this doctor. Staff was rude and made me feel horrible. The staff is doing a great diservice to the doctor.
in Tucson, AZ |
With all due respect, my experience with Dr. Coury on my first visit was disappointing. His queries as to my pain symptoms were perfunctory and cursory. His bedside manner was laconic so I found myself offering up information regarding relevant activities and history, even though it wasn't asked. I don't believe doctors need to be solicitous, but they should show interest and concern-- especially to a first-time patient. My appointment was at 4:00 and it was over at 4:08.
in Willcox, AZ |
I got hardly two minutes with him, no conversation, no questions, just started on procedure and this WAS MY FIRST VISIT... I had thought I could discuss my concerns and ask questions...DIDN'T HAPPEN.he was arrogant, didn't ask if I had questions, was quite intimidating, and acted like he was doing me a huge favor by even showing up! MY INSURANCE will be notified that they are probably paying through the nose for my 2 MINUTES of time with him.
Tucson, AZ |
I can't fault him for the procedure he did on my back. Dr. Coury appears confident, knowledgeable and competent but getting information out of him was like pulling teeth. Very condescending in attitude and treated me like a slab of beef on a production line. Suggest he sign up for charm school.
Have you seen Dr. Thomas Coury II, DO?
Are you Dr. Coury II?

Compare Dr. Coury II

Dr. Coury II's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation
  •  Board certified in Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation
  •  Malpractice claims in Arizona not available

Dr. Coury II has no media or publications listed.

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Arizona.

Why It Matters: Dr. Coury II's Board Certifications

• Cerebral Palsy
  • Chronic Pain
  • Coccygeal Pain
  • Dupuytren's Contracture
  • Enthesopathy of Knee (incl. Bursitis of Knee)
  • Ganglion Cyst
  • Heel Spur
  • Hip Pointer Injuries
  • Lateral and Medial Epicondylitis (Tennis and Golf Elbow)
  • Neck Strain (incl. Whiplash Injury)
  • Nerve Root Injury and Plexus Disorders (incl. Pinched Nerve)
  • Osteoarthritis of Ankle and Foot
  • Shoulder Tendinitis and Tenosynovitis
  • Torticollis
  • Trigger Finger
  • Upper Back Pain

Dr. Coury II does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Coury II and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation