Dr. Thomas Cotsen, MD

PsychotherapyMaleAge 59

Psychotherapy

Dr. Thomas Cotsen, MD is a Psychotherapist in Los Angeles, CA and has over 32 years of experience in the medical field. He graduated from Tufts University medical school in 1990. His office accepts new patients.

Dr. Thomas Cotsen, MD

Cotsen, Thomas Adam MD

116 N Robertson Blvd Ste 908 Los Angeles, CA 90048 ()

Healthgrades Provider Compare™

Quickly compare more Psychotherapists in your area

"Hi, I'm Dr. Adam Cotsen.

Life can get really difficult sometimes, and it's hard to know what kind of help to seek and who to find it from.

As a psychiatrist, with a Harvard education, and ex..."

- Dr. Thomas Cotsen, MD

• Explains Conditions Well
    Patients said this doctor explains conditions well. See reviews
  • Trustworthy
    Patients said this doctor is trustworthy. See reviews

No malpractice claims found for California

Check if Dr. Cotsen treats your condition or procedure

Dr. Cotsen's conditions and procedures:

• Adjustment Disorder
  • Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
  • Couples Therapy

Dr. Cotsen accepts

Dr. Cotsen's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Cotsen

Dr. Cotsen

He dropped me as a patient. He said he was too busy. He looked online to find me a new psychiatrist, he could not find anyone. I felt terrible that he did this
  • Difficult to schedule appointment
  • Didn't trust the provider's decisions
Sep 14, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Thomas Cotsen, MD?
I worked with Dr. Adam Cotsen to understand and control my addictive behavior. His empathetic approach made it easier to discuss my problem. He helped me reconcile with my wife and with her understanding my problem. I highly recommend Dr. Cotsen to any individual struggling with addiction issues . His combination of counseling and drug therapy is a winning recipe for attaining mental health.
Daniel J Murphy Jr – Jan 15, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Thomas Cotsen, MD?
Dialing Dr. Cotsen's office to schedule an appointment when I moved to Los Angeles several years ago was among the most constructive decisions I have made. Dr. Cotsen is easy to be around, and our regular session -- as I have told him -- is often the best conversation I'll have all month. I work in a creative field, and I'm certain my recent success is due, in part, to Dr. Cotsen's guidance and the progress we've made in his office. Before our first meeting I had fears about encountering a stereotypically austere Freudian, and worried about subjecting myself to some kind of monthly judgment, but Dr. Cotsen's approach isn't like that at all. He is an attentive listener, appreciative of the delicate therapy environment, and thoughtful above all else. If you're dealing with anxiety, career stress, and/or simply looking to improve outcomes in your daily life, I couldn't recommend Dr. Cotsen more highly. He's a powerful ally, and I'm deeply appreciative of our time together.
John W. – Sep 26, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Thomas Cotsen, MD?
Last year, when I was in crisis, I started seeing Dr. Cotsen and he has helped me tremendously. I found compassion and calm demeanor very comforting and with his intellect and insight, and with the right medication, I was able to overcome the problem. He is gentle, caring and open minded and suggests you pragmatic solution. I couldn't recommend Dr. Cotsen highly enough.
Y. Lee – Aug 03, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Thomas Cotsen, MD?
Dr. Cotsen simply is the best therapist I have ever met. He is kind, compassionate, and gives the best practical advice on many issues I have presented to him.He has a very pragmatic approach. He has helped me tremendously with many issues I have presented to him. He has truly helped me improve my life in many different ways. I highly recommend him.
Debra in Los Angeles, CA – Jul 19, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Thomas Cotsen, MD?
The best review I think anyone can give a psychiatrist is this: I'm feeling a whole lot better. Dr. Cotsen - and you don't have to call him that. You can call him Adam or Dr. Adam - has helped enormously. He's knowledgeable, thoughtful, and kind. He listens well, asks insightful questions, and makes useful, practical suggestions. He's casual but professional, which puts patients (at least me) at ease. He also answers calls and emails quickly and has a clean, comfortable office. I recommend him.
J in West Hollywood, CA – Jan 20, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Thomas Cotsen, MD?
Dr. Cotsen has helped me enormously in sorting facts and feelings, as I face new challenges. I have a creative job and healthy relationships but I needed guidance about entering my 50s, with many extraordinary obstacles that LGBT folks face, and a few ordinary ones too. Wise and engaging, Dr. Cotsen has helped me stabilize and thrive.
Los Angeles, CA – Jan 16, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Thomas Cotsen, MD?
I've seen a few practitioners in the past and was highly disappointed in their biased approaches to therapy. Dr Cotsen takes an open minded and pragmatic approach which is based on results. Because of his approach I was able to see a rapid change which allowed me to get back to my life and optimize the quality of it.
Santa Monica, CA – Apr 14, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Thomas Cotsen, MD?
Dr. Cotsen is an amazing psychiatrist who really cares and in my experience was caring, listened and helped me resolve some serious issues. He is kind and sensitive and I would happily recommend him to anyone in search of therapy
Michael in Los Angeles, CA – Nov 09, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Thomas Cotsen, MD?
I highly recommend Dr. Cotsen. Im a single man working as a professional. He has helped me cope with my social anxiety issues mainly with psychotherapy and limited medication. He respects my wishes of not taking antidepressants, he listens attentively, and offers invaluable guidance. I've been his patient for only a few months but I already feel like a new and improved version of myself. I now find myself in social situations that I used to avoid. Thank you Dr Cotsen!
A C in Los Angeles, CA – Nov 08, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Thomas Cotsen, MD?
I recommend Dr. Cotsen to everyone, I can honestly say that he SAVED my life, when I started seeing him I was very depressed, my life was a chaos , I was drinking a lot , using drugs and making poor decisions; my kids were suffering because of my behavior, I was aggressive and sarcastic. I'm being seeing him for 5-6 months and my family and friends are impressed with my behavior. I know in my heart that God put him in my life so he can save me . Thank you Dr. Cotsen for everything .
Glaucia Oliveira in Beverly Hills CA – Sep 27, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Thomas Cotsen, MD?
Dr. Cotsen listens to and retains all of the details I have shared with him in subsequent appointments. He makes me feel he is really listening to my concerns and challenges. He is patient and responsive to my concerns regarding medication. He continues to be available whenever I have needed to reach out.
Kevin O in West Hollywood, CA – Sep 21, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Thomas Cotsen, MD?
I have been a patient of Dr. Cotsen's for over 15 years. I trust Dr. Cotsen implicitly. He is accessible and has handled my rx drug and cognitive therapy needs effectively. My life is much brighter because of Dr. Cotsen.
Susan in Los Angeles, CA – May 03, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Thomas Cotsen, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Cotsen?