Dr. Thomas Cook, MD

Addiction Psychiatry | Male

Thomas Cook, M.D. 1110 University Ave Ste 302 Honolulu, HI 96826 Get Directions
Dr. Thomas Cook, MD
"Let your hearts not be troubled, neither let them be afraid." What's often missing from the practice of psychiatry today is an enduring sense of hope. In my practice, I try to meld an expertise in cutting-edge medicine, while providing the kind of hope and humor that can weather the worst of storms. Our office is easy to find, right off the H1 highway, near the Puck's Alley shopping area. It is in the round-shaped building where the Varsity theatre used to be. Our open-air parking lot costs only a couple of dollars, and you don't have to drive into a garage. We have a large, comfortable waiting room and I try to bring a hospitable and welcoming spirit to my practice. I am recently out of training and I have many years of experience working in Hawaii. My knowledge of psychiatric medicine is cutting edge, but if you intend to stay away from taking medicine, there are things I can do to help.I do provide some counseling to my patients when needed. I know some very qualified therapists in the community as well. I also specialize in suboxone treatment, I see some adolescents, and I can do capacity evaluations.

Dr. Cook's Experience

See how Dr. Cook's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Cook

Dr. Cook accepts 6 insurance carriers

Dr. Cook is now accepting new patients

Check out the quality of care at the 1 hospitals where Dr. Cook has admitting privileges.

Dr. Cook's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Cook to family and friends
4.3
Dr. Cook's Performance
in Honolulu, HI |
From out of state and Dr. Cook was able to meet with me on an emergency basis and became my hero. Not just for his flexibility but he bedside manner as well. Highly recommend him to anyone and everyone.
Honolulu, HI |
Incredibly down to earth, gregarious and easy to talk too. He doesnt elicit as much as a modicum of condescension, regardless of whatever you tell him. Great psychiatrist, great guy.
in Honolulu, HI |
He's the best hands down! I look forward to seeing him every time! I've seen him for a year and a half and he is by far the best psychiatrist I've ever had! His receptionist is very kind and helpful as well!! He really cares about your well being and always offers the best treatment plan! He's the best in Hawaii!
in Kaneohe, HI |
Very positive. I was scared to see a psychiatrist for the first time. Dr. Cook, his staff and even his patients were so supportive and kind. It was not what I had expected.
Have you seen Dr. Thomas Cook, MD?
Are you Dr. Cook?

Compare Dr. Cook

Dr. Cook says...

"Let your hearts not be troubled, neither let them be afraid."

What's often missing from the practice of psychiatry today is an enduring sense of hope. In my practice, I try to meld an expertise in cutting-edge medicine, while providing the kind of hope and humor that can weather the worst of storms.

Dr. Cook's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Addiction Psychiatry
  •  No board certification on record with Healthgrades
  •  Malpractice claims in Hawaii not available

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Hawaii.

• Addiction
  • Adult Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD)
  • Bipolar Disorder
  • Depression
  • Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
  • Postpartum Depression

University Of Hawaii At Manoa / John A. Burns School Of Medicine

Completed in 2013

Northwestern

Graduated in 2004

Dr. Cook does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Cook and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Addiction Psychiatry
  • Child & Adolescent Psychiatry
  • Geriatric Psychiatry
  • Other
  • Psychiatry

Dr. Cook does not have any procedures listed. If you are Dr. Cook and would like to add procedures you perform, please update your free profile.