Dr. Thomas Cook, MD

Dr. Thomas Cook, MD

Addiction Psychiatry  ·
Dr. Thomas Cook, MD is an addiction psychiatry specialist in Honolulu, HI and has been practicing for 5 years. He graduated from Nwu Fienberg Sch Of Med in 2008 and specializes in addiction psychiatry, child & adolescent psychiatry, and more.Read his story

1110 University Ave Ste 302

Honolulu, HI 96826

• Buckeye Community Health Plan
  • Health Net
  • WellCare

Learn about Dr. Cook

Dr. Cook's Experience

Dr. Cook's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Addiction Psychiatry

Dr. Cook's bio

This content was provided by Dr. Cook "Let your hearts not be troubled, neither let them be afraid." What's often missing from the practice of psychiatry today is an enduring sense of hope. In my practice, I try to meld an expertise in cutting-edge medicine, while providing the kind of hope and humor that can weather the worst of storms. Our office is easy to find, right off the H1 highway, near the Puck's Alley shopping area. It is in the round-shaped building where the Varsity theatre used to be. Our open-air parking lot costs only a couple of dollars, and you don't have to drive into a garage. We have a large, comfortable waiting room and I try to bring a hospitable and welcoming spirit to my practice. I am recently out of training and I have many years of experience working in Hawaii. My knowledge of psychiatric medicine is cutting edge, but if you intend to stay away from taking medicine, there are things I can do to help.I do provide some counseling to my patients when needed. I know some very qualified therapists in the community as well. I also specialize in suboxone treatment, I see some adolescents, and I can do capacity evaluations.

• Addiction Psychiatry
  • Child & Adolescent Psychiatry
  • Geriatric Psychiatry
  • Other
  • Psychiatry

Dr. Cook does not have any board certifications listed.

• Psychiatric Evaluation

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Hawaii.

• Northwestern
    Undergraduate School | Graduated 2004
  • Nwu Fienberg Sch Of Med
    Medical School | Graduated 2008
  • University Of Hawaii At Manoa / John A. Burns School Of Medicine
    Residency Hospital | Completed 2013

Dr. Cook has no awards or honors listed.

Dr. Cook has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Cook does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Cook and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Cook's Reviews

4.0
Likelihood of recommending Dr. Cook to family and friends

Dr. Cook's Performance

I sent my son to this doctor after knowing pretty much what his diagnosis was based on other psychiatrist and doing research. He didn’t even let my son get everything out that he needed to tell him in order to properly diagnose him. My son is extremely disappointed as was I. I do not recommend him...more
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option3thumbs down icon option0
From out of state and Dr. Cook was able to meet with me on an emergency basis and became my hero. Not just for his flexibility but he bedside manner as well. Highly recommend him to anyone and everyone.
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option2thumbs down icon option0
Incredibly down to earth, gregarious and easy to talk too. He doesnt elicit as much as a modicum of condescension, regardless of whatever you tell him. Great psychiatrist, great guy.
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option1thumbs down icon option0
He's the best hands down! I look forward to seeing him every time! I've seen him for a year and a half and he is by far the best psychiatrist I've ever had! His receptionist is very kind and helpful as well!! He really cares about your well being and always offers the best treatment plan! He's the...more
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option1thumbs down icon option0
Very positive. I was scared to see a psychiatrist for the first time. Dr. Cook, his staff and even his patients were so supportive and kind. It was not what I had expected.
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option7thumbs down icon option0