Dr. Thomas Brooks, MD

Interventional Pain MedicineMaleAge 58

Dr. Brooks

Innovative Pain and Spine Specialists

17030 Lakeside Hills Plz Ste 202 Omaha, NE 68130

Dr. Thomas Brooks, MD is a Interventional Pain Medicine Specialist in Omaha, NE and has over 31 years of experience in the medical field. He graduated from Creighton University medical school in 1990. He is affiliated with medical facilities such as Bellevue Medical Center and CHI Health Creighton University Medical Center - Bergan Mercy. He is accepting new patients. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Brooks to book an appointment.

Healthgrades Provider Compare™

Quickly compare more Interventional Pain Medicine Specialists in your area

• Explains Conditions Well
    Patients said this doctor explains conditions well. See reviews
  • Practices at Top Hospital
    America's 250 Best Hospitals Award™ See hospitals
  • Hospital Satisfaction

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice claims information for Nebraska

Check Dr. Brooks' experience treating your condition or procedure

Dr. Brooks treats this condition more than 99% of his peers

Spondylitis

Dr. Brooks treats Spondylitis more than 98% of his peers

Dr. Brooks treats this condition more than 98% of his peers

Rating Includes other areas of care:

• Ankylosing Spondylitis

• Stellate Ganglion Block
  • Trigeminal Neuralgia
  • Upper Back Pain

Dr. Brooks accepts

Dr. Brooks accepts the following insurance:

National (BlueCard) PPO

Dr. Brooks' Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Brooks

4.4

Dr. Brooks
Very happy with every aspect of my care with Dr. Brooks and his medical team. He is an A+ Dr. in his care and procedures. He is truly concerned about the effectiveness of his treatment of pain and follow up is excellent. He and his staff are knowledgeable, efficient and fast. His nurse Tammy is truly a professional. Pain is so hard to deal with when you are trying to get through even the most basic aspects of your life and his care has helped me beyond even that. Thank you so very much for your care.
Diane Macrander – Jul 14, 2021
Dr. Brooks and his entire staff are all extremely helpful and professional. Dr. Brooks is very personable and knowledgeable - listens and very intent on finding the best way to deal with your problems. I would recommend him to anyone with pain issues!
Steven – Feb 13, 2021
I had Dr. Brooks at his last location for chronic pain associated with a work related injury and he is great. He was with me for my spine stimulator and now for SI Joint pain. It only made sense to follow him to Innovative Pain and Spine. The office is clean and the staff are friendly and knowledgeable. I recommend Dr. Brooks to all for spine and pain related issues.
Amazing – Dec 23, 2020
I was disappointed on several levels of the lack of professionalism in the office. The unfriendly front desk clerk was the person tasked to have me sign consent instead of the doctor, who simply plopped the clipboard in front of me and asked me to “sign here” (with no explanation of risks by the MD regarding my procedure). I entered the procedure room and again was shocked when Dr Brooks did not offer a smile or greeting and instead was standing with crossed arms. I asked a question for clarification and he dismissed the question and instructed me to (lie down) “face down, half moon”. I was advised to have a ride home but no one followed up to see if I had a ride or was driving myself. I couldn’t leave the office quick enough and will not be retuning.
  • Staff wasn't friendly
  • Didn't listen or answer questions
  • Didn't explain conditions well
Nov 19, 2020
I was referred to Dr. Brooks for some chronic pain issues I am dealing with. He is awesome! He is sincere and very professional, easy to discuss issues with. I have referenced him to friends and family. If you want / need a top notch pain management doctor, go see Dr. Brooks.
Deb – Nov 13, 2020
I was referred to Innovative Pain, and chose Dr. Brooks after a friend highly recommended him. I first had injections. He explained exactly what was happening throughout the procedures. I next had a trial for the spinal cord stimulator and was pain free. The permanent was then placed. We are still seeking the best setting and Dr. Brooks continues to work with the reps to find my optimal pain relief. He is personable and the utmost professional!
Denise Carlson – Oct 24, 2020
Since my anterior posterior lumbar fusion in 2008 I have experienced crippling, agonizing pain. I was only 48 years old, and for 12 years pain has dictated my life, even with a narcotic. Two injections 8 days ago has honestly taken my pain to nearly zero. I cannot thank Dr. Brooks enough for giving me my life back. No neurosurgeon or other pain management physician has done what this wonderful human has for me!
Cindy Papstein – Sep 11, 2020
Dr. Brooks is a very matter of fact doctor. He tells it like it is and that is what I like about him. I have had several hip and back injections from him and received much relief from every one of them. I followed Dr. Brooks to Innovative Pain Specialists because he is the best at what he does.
  • Staff wasn't friendly
PH from Omaha – Jun 11, 2020
I had severe sciatic pain when I went to Dr. Brooks. He promptly came up with a treatment plan and scheduled it as soon as possible. Dr. Brooks, as well as his team, were very professional and personable. I would highly recommend him!
Aug 07, 2019
I have been in chronic pain for many years. Dr. Brooks helped me get off the opioid that had been prescribed to me by another pain doctor that I had been on for many years and replaced it with the spinal injection that worked extremely well. I had to reschedule due to unforeseen circumstances and the Dr. and office was very accommodating, I only had to wait an additional week and my first week appointment was within three weeks from the referral. Thank you Dr. Brooks!
May 30, 2019
I am in the medical field so I can be very particular about medical care. I was extremely pleased by the cleanliness of the clinic, the positive attitudes of the receptionist, and the nursing staff. It’s clear that this is a well-organized and efficient team that provides pain management to the Omaha population. I would definitely recommend Dr. Brooks to my family, friends and co-workers. I was referred for SI pain, after one injection I feel better than I have in 15 years. Thank you, Dr. Brook
Apr 18, 2019
Staff and Dr. Brooks very friendly. Only a short time waiting for appointment. Dr. Brooks evaluation was thorough and diagnosis was quick with a detailed easy to understand explanation using a spinal column model. Recommended a non-invasive treatment to start. Would recommend him to anyone having back pain.
Apr 05, 2019
Dr. Brooks is a wonderful doctor and listened to me and was able to help me with one visit. I highly recommend him.
Donna J. VanBuren in Omaha, NE – Dec 20, 2018
Dr. Brooks is a wonderful human being and a terrific Physician. I have chronic bank and neck pain (degenerative osteoarthritis among other issues) and have worked with him for several years. He is kind and efficient - I found him very comprehensive and articulate in explaining my issues, the treatments available and how he intended to approach my care. He was able to successfully diagnose shoulder issues when other Drs. believed it was neck pain. He is the Dr. I trust the most with my health
Nancy OBrien in Bullhead City, AZ – Jul 24, 2018
I have gone to Dr. Brooks for several different issues. Every time, Dr. Brooks listens to my list of symptoms, figures out what's wrong, and clearly explains my treatment options. And he gets results. There are pain medicine doctors in Bellevue, but I'd rather drive the 23 miles to west Omaha and see Dr. Brooks - he's that good.
Diane F in Bellevue, NE – Jul 23, 2018
I have been seeing Dr. Brooks for about 1 year. He takes the time to explain everything to you so that you know what to expect and will even take the time to explain possible procedures that may be coming in the future. He recently injected my sacroiliac and I'm thrilled to say it is the first time in 14 years that I'm pain free. Can't say enough good about him!!!!!
Bruce W Stacy in Elkhorn, NE – May 30, 2018
I have been seeing Dr Brooks for about a 1 1/2 years. I have never had a Dr that I would recommend to anyone with pain. In fact, my mom sees him. He takes time to explain the procedure he is going to do.He stays up to date on all the new types of pain relief for his patients.The latest is called Nevro HF10 surgery. The FDA approved it September 2016. I had a temp put in cervical and lumbar and had 100% relief from the two systems. I now have two units one for cervical and lumbar. He is the best
Omaha, NE – Aug 31, 2017
I received my second lumbar injection by Dr. Brooks three weeks ago and I am pain free!! He has a great bedside manner, is very thorough and I am very pleased! I would definitely recommend him and his team!!
Bellevue, NE – Jul 19, 2017
After extreme S I Joint pain injected the SI joint and I experienced perfect total relief. Later received 3 injections in my lower lumbars to treat arthritis and after two weeks, again pain free. Dr. Brooks, staff and facilities are deemed excellent in my book. Richard L. Lincoln (70)
Richard L. Lincoln in Glenwood, Iowa – Jun 02, 2017
I need at least 5 pages to tell you that Dr. Brooks is wonderful, kind, a great teacher about the problem with my spine. I had never needed help with pain before and i was in severe pain. he injected the nerve root at L3. I got to my appt. early, he was ready, gowned scrubbed and gloved. nurses and equipment all ready. He told me every little detail of the procedure before he did it so I knew what to expect. Was done in 10 minutes, had wonderful results.
Mary Kay Henningsen in Omaha, NE – May 12, 2017

How was your experience with Dr. Brooks?

Dr. Brooks specializes in Interventional Pain Medicine. Dr. Brooks employs a selective array of therapies and medical procedures to manage pain patients...Read more

• Interventional Pain Medicine