Dr. Thomas Bowser, MD

Dr. Thomas Bowser, MD

Neurology  |
64 reviews

Dr. Thomas Bowser, MD is a neurology doctor who practices in Colorado Springs, CO. He is 58 years old. Dr. Bowser is affiliated with Penrose-St. Francis Health Services and University of Colorado Health - Memorial Hospital Central....See Less

Thomas E Bowser MD PLLC

8540 Scarborough Dr Ste 390

Colorado Springs, CO 80920

• Kaiser Permanente
  • Sagamore Health Network

Learn about Dr. Bowser

Welcome to Thomas E. Bowser, M.D., PLLC. We are please to offer comprehensive neurological care for patients 14 and older. We are now in our permanent office at the new Research I Professional Building, 8540 Scarborough Drive, #390 80920. This location, one block from the Powers and Research intersection, is within minutes of both the new St. Francis Hospital and Memorial Hospital North. As the first Neurology practice in the Northeast region, we are excited to provide comprehensive and convenient care including outpatient consultations and follow up visits, in-office neurodiagnostic tests (EEG and EMG/NCV), and inpatient consults to the new and existing hospitals. Dr. Bowser´s practice will provide fast and convenient Neurodiagnostic testing: EEG (Electroencephalogram) and EMG (Electromyography) at his office. Both tests are done in the office, either scheduled as the test itself or along with your doctor´s visit.

Dr. Bowser's Experience

Dr. Bowser's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Neurology

• Idiopathic Intracranial Hypertension
  • Inflammatory and Toxic Neuropathy
  • Insomnia
  • Meningiomas
  • Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
  • Myasthenia Gravis
  • Myoclonus
  • Narcolepsy and Cataplexy
  • Nerve Root Injury and Plexus Disorders (incl. Pinched Nerve)
  • Normal Pressure Hydrocephalus
  • Subdural Hemorrhage
  • Syncope
  • Thrombosis
  • Tic Disorders
  • Transient Ischemic Attack (TIA)
  • Traumatic Brain Injury
  • Tremor
  • Trigeminal Neuralgia
  • Vertigo

• EEG (Electroencephalogram)
  • EMG (Electromyography)

No malpractice history found for Colorado.

• Indiana University School Of Medicine
    Medical School | Graduated
  • Med College Of Wisconsin

Dr. Bowser has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Bowser does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Bowser and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

Penrose-St. Francis Health Services

is a Recipient of a Healthgrades Excellence Award
Neurosciences Excellence Award

Hospital Quality Award

Dr. Bowser is on the medical staff at our top-rated hospital.

View Awards

Dr. Bowser's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Bowser to family and friends
2.5
Dr. Bowser's Performance
    FAIR
in Colorado Springs, CO |
Very thorough and professional. He listened and asked questions.
Colorado Springs, CO |
Dr. Bowser was so nice and caring! He help me figure out what's going on and listened carefully!! All his staff is very nice!!
in Colorado Springs, CO |
Don't even want to leave 1 star. Extremely condescending and rude! First thing he says when he walks in is, "Wow never seen a patient as young as you with so many symptoms, don't know why they sent you to me." Asked me questions and when I answered he would challenge or question my answers. Basically said well cant help you and walked me out. Never go to him!!!!
in Colorado Springs, CO |
Extremely rude, unprofessional, and demeaning. He does not care about his patients.
Colorado Springs, CO |
I have only had one appt with Dr. Bowser and it went very well. Some other reviews had made me nervous as to what to expect but he was very nice and put me at ease. The staff was very observant and helpful also. I will be going back for an EEG.
in Colorado Springs, CO |
I have a neurological condition known as synesthesia. I need constant neurological help in order to see, hear, not feel pain, etc. "Dr." Bowser not only didn't even know what my condition was (meaning he hasn't read a neurological journal since Reagan was in office) he refused to even Google the condition and said "what do you want me to do about it??". He wasn't just mean to me. He was CRUEL, and told me my condition was psychological without having any of my records, and sent me home in tears.
in Pueblo, Co |
I have been suffering from complex migraines and simple complex seizures since I was a child, and was referred to Dr. Bowser to help discover why. He was very rude and abrasive, and after an MRI, CT with contrast, and two expensive appointments later, he just prescribed me blood pressure medication and chalked my "supposed symptoms" up to my "morbid obesity." I'm not morbidly obese, and he condescendingly told me I was making my symptoms up or faking them to get drugs. Find a better neuro.
Colorado Springs, CO |
He is extremely unprofessional and demeaning when he speaks to you as a patient, he tells you it is impossible for you to have the symptoms you have and completely disregards everything you are saying, tells you that your expectations are completely unrealistic and he can't do anything to help you. As a patient who has suffered from migraines and memory problems I find it HIGHLY offensive that he told me "you sure can't remember very much about yourself can you?" in a condescending tone.
in Colorado Springs, CO |
I was referred to Dr Bowser for an EMG on my left arm for carpal tunnel and after the results came back with moderate to severe carpal tunnel and entrapment of the ulnar nerve, my PCP wanted to have and EMG on my right arm as well. At my second appointment for my EMG on the right arm, Dr. Bowser yelled at his staff that the EMG referral was a mistake and that he refused to do the procedure. I was stunned. He also was very disrespectful to me and his staff was apologetic. Horrible Eperience!
in Colorado Springs, CO |
I have multiple sclerosis and although Dr. Bowser is not specialized in this disease, he is very knowledgeable and eager to learn how we can treat this disease together. Dr. Bowser has been my neurologist since 2006 and has been very helpful in the process of keeping me mobile. Some neurologist think that they know this disease better than you, the MS'er that lives with that disease every day. Dr. Bowser doesn't operate that way and will help you find the answers for your individual needs.
in Colorado Springs, CO |
He has proven knowledge and experience. I am a repeat patient with him over a 5 year period and was able to compare his demeanor against other medical specialists. He is involved in his work, with a no nonsense attitude, straight talk and unbiased results. His personal understanding with patients is great. He has observed and noted symptoms, related to my condition, that others had missed. All this done with the least amount of time, with more results than others I had to see. Dr's recommend him
in Colorado Springs, CO |
I suffered a TBI (Traumatic Brain Injury) and went to see Dr. Bowser and he said, There is nothing that I can do for you. Making me question his knowledge of the human brain or at the very least of basic medical skills. His staff seemed a bit unorganized because I called and made an appointment, but when I showed up for the agreed upon appointment there was no record of the appointment. They turned me away and were very rude about it, I would suggest looking for a different neurologist.
Very professional and caring. I really appreciated Dr Bowser seeing me.
Dr. Bowser was condescending and indifferent to me as an entity. All he wanted to do was throw more and more medications into the mix, even when it was clear that I was not responding well to drug therapy. When I asked for a referral to a surgeon his response was I'll give you the referral but it will take you 6 months to get an appointment and he'll laugh you out if the office when you get there because you haven't suffered enough with this.
Have you seen Dr. Thomas Bowser, MD?
Are you Dr. Bowser?