Family Medicine  |
Dr. Thomas Bond Sr, MD
In 1994, Dr. Bond received his Masters of Science in Physiology & Biophysics from the University of Arkansas Medical School in Little Rock prior to entering medical school in 1995. Subsequently, he earned his Medical Doctorate from LSU Medical Center in New Orleans before completing a Family Medicine residency at the Carolinas Medical Center in Charlotte, NC. His education continued with a Post-Doctoral Fellowship in Sports & Musculoskeletal Medicine at Duke University Medical School in Durham, NC. In 2003, Dr. Bond was recruited to LSU Medical Center in New Orleans as the Chief of Sports Medicine. During his three-year tenure at LSU, Dr. Bond lectured to medical students, residents, and fellows, and was the Medical Program Director for the LSU Sports Medicine Fellowship Program. In 2007, Dr. Bond left the world of medical academia behind to pursue the inception of TotalCare Health & Wellness Medical Center, thus enabling him to set his own professional mission and goals at the head of his career. Today, Dr. Bond continues to lecture to physician colleagues, as well as, medical students and residents. Dr. Bond has served as a Team Physician for all levels of competition, amongst a multitude of sporting activities – from football and baseball, to Triathlons and Marathons. Most recently, in prior years, he served as a Team Physician for both the University of Louisiana at Lafayette and also the Louisiana IceGators. At this time, Dr.Bond continues to serve as a Team Physician the U.S. Ski & Snowboarding Team, and is the exclusive Physician provider of the Regenexx suite of Regenerative Orthopedic stem-cell procedures. Dr. Bond was the first physician to perform US-guided Regenerative Injection Procedures in the state of Louisiana. He has since performed thousands of these injections, making him far and away the most experienced practitioner of Regenerative Injections in Louisiana and the southern region. Dr. Bond is excited and proud to be a part of this approach to Orthopedic & Musculoskeletal pain, in which his experience in Wellness Medicine is laid at the forefront of each procedure. Dr. Bond is currently serving as the new President of the American Association of Orthopaedic Medicine (AAOM), an international non-profit organization of physicians dedicated to the promotion of regenerative medicine education around the world. Recognized internationally as an expert in the field, Dr. Bond will be the youngest President ever to lead the AAOM as the continued leader in Interventional Regenerative Orthopedics.

1101 S College Rd Ste 201

Lafayette, LA 70503

Learn about Dr. Bond Sr

Our Mission is to provide a unique clinical experience for each patient – utilizing an integrated, patient-centered approach. Our focus has been, and remains, on the patient as a total person – and assisting in their reaching optimal health and function.

Dr. Bond Sr's Experience

Dr. Bond Sr's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Family Medicine

• Testicular Dysfunction

• Epidural Steroid Injections
  • Facet Joint Injection
  • Joint Injection
  • Platelet-Rich Plasma Injection (PRP)
  • Prolotherapy Injections
  • Sports Medicine Related Procedures
  • Stem Cell Therapy
  • Wellness Examination

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Louisiana.

• Louisiana State Univ School Of Medicine In New Orleans
    Medical School | Graduated 1999
  • Carolinas Med Center
  • Duke University Med Center

Dr. Bond Sr has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Bond Sr does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Bond Sr and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Bond Sr's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Bond Sr to family and friends
4.3
Dr. Bond Sr's Performance
Lafayette, LA |
The entire office staff were dismissive and rude. No one explained anything from diagnosis, to procedure costs, to prescriptions policy - NOTHING. Got slammed with a bill we couldn't pay, a prescription our insurance didn't cover, and was left in excruciating pain over a weekend because the office dropped the ball on calling in an Rx that insurance WOULD cover after doing a procedure they knew would make the pain worse before it got better.
After years of having knee pain and being told I needed bilateral knee replacements I researched other options and found Regenexx. I was willing to go back and forth to Colorado to try this procedure but they recommended I see Dr Bond which was only a few hours away. From the very first phone call I have felt very comfortable with Dr. Bond and the entire staff. They explained everything in great detail to me and answered my many questions without ever making me rushed. He talked me through the
The entire experience has been excellent- from the phone consult to actual date of treatment. Dr. Bond and his staff made me feel confident that I am in the best possible place to treat my particular problem. They explained everything thoroughly, and took time to insure my comfort.
The whole experience was excellent. Went just as promised. Procedures were clockwork and painless. Staff was very helpful and kind in the explanation of what was to happen and the expected results. To date, the results are totally acceptable to me. I am so very glad I chose this procedure (stem cell therapy) vs. alternative.
I experienced over 10 years of debilitating chronic pain and was unable to walk more that one block without severe pain or sleep more than an hour at a time. After going through several surgical procedures (I went to a big name clinic) which did not help, my PT referred me to Dr. Bond. He explained the root cause of my condition and prescribed regenerative therapy. Now, I am beyond thrilled to be able to work and play without the daily pain that absorbed so much of my energy and focus. Thanks,
The past 4 years have very important to my well being and health. Dr Bond and I have come with solutions my health that I was comfortable with. Everything was explained to me so I can make the right decisions. The staff are friendly, welcoming and professional.
This is the best family practice office I have ever been to. The staff is incredible.
Great experience every time I come. Friendly and knowledgable staff no matter who I am seen by. I no longer hate my doctor visits.
Great atmosphere. Staff very competent, professional and nice. Look forward to each and every appt. Has helped me tremendously.
Dr. Bond is a great doctor who gets great results. My experience with Total Care has been top notch. Consultations, physical therapy, Prolotherapy, and many other treatments prescribed and performed by Dr. Bond Have changed my life greatly by decreasing my daily pain level and allowing me to resume physical activities I could not do prior to treatment. Never in a rush, Dr. Bond consistently takes the time to explain your injury, what caused it, and how to treat it effectively. A+++ medical prov
This has been an incredible journey. I have recovered from debilitating pain in my knee from an old knee injury , was told my only option was a total knee replacement , but at Total Health and Wellness I found a better solution. Regenerative medicine has provided a way to keep the original body parts God gave me but infuse that damaged joint with a new beginning. Everyone should be so fortunate. Dr.Bond is very knowledgeable, and happy to keep his patient's informed. The staff is genuine in the
The entire staff is amazing. Without Dr. Bond & Ashley I would not be able to live a normal life style with all of the different medical issues I face on a daily basis. The staff is very compassionate and concerned with my health. For this I am truly grateful.
Have you seen Dr. Thomas Bond Sr, MD?
Are you Dr. Bond Sr?