Dermatology  |
Dr. Thomas Bender, MD
Dr Bender graduated from Murphy High School in Mobile Al. He was driven to serve his country and left for the US Air Force Academy after graduation from Murphy. He then was selected for the Health Professions Scholarship program and was one of eleven cadets selected for medical school. He graduated in the top 20% from Tulane and was selected for a general surgery internship at Keealer AFB in MS. He was assigned to family practice at Maxwell AFB in Montgomery AL and served there for almost 5 years. He then was selected by the Air Force for a highly sought after dermatology slot, and was fortunate enough to be selected at Tulane for a dermatology residency. After completion, he served in the Air Force at Eglin AFB, taking care of special operators from Hulbert Field, pilots and their family's from Eglin, and retirees in the Panhandle. He decided upon retiring from the Air Force to to return home to South Alabama.

2002 Hand Ave

Bay Minette, AL 36507

Learn about Dr. Bender

Advanced Dermatology and Skin Care Centre, Thomas W Bender III MD and staff strive to provide compassionate, professional, top notch care in a warm, comfortable environment. We always strive to provide the best care possible. Dr Bender trained at Tulane University and spent almost 5 years as Chief of Dermatology at EGLIN Air Force base in Florida after graduating from the US Air Force Academy in Colorado Springs CO. He has one of the most comprehensive skin care clinics offering everything from skin cancer exams, skin cancer treatment, laser surgery, acne, psoriasis, and eczema treatments. Shouldn't you trust your skin to an experienced board certified dermatologist?

Dr. Bender's Experience

Dr. Bender's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Dermatology

• Acne
  • Actinic Keratosis
  • Allergic Reaction
  • Athlete's Foot
  • Atopic Dermatitis (Eczema)
  • Basal Cell Carcinoma
  • Leg and Foot Ulcers
  • Lichen Planus
  • Lipomas
  • Melanoma
  • Moles (Benign Skin Lesions)
  • Nail and Nail Bed Infection

• Skin Biopsy
  • Skin Cancer Removal
  • Skin Resurfacing
  • Skin Surgery

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Alabama.

• Us Air Force Academy
    Undergraduate School | Graduated 1992
  • Tulane University Of Louisiana
    Medical School | Graduated 1996
  • Kessler Afb Hospital
    Internship Hospital | Completed 1997
  • Tulane University Of Louisiana
    Residency Hospital | Completed 2004

Dr. Bender has no media or publications listed.

• German

Dr. Bender does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Bender and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Bender's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Bender to family and friends
4.0
Dr. Bender's Performance
Daphne, AL |
Don't believe the advertising. I heard about Dr. Bender on the radio and thought he would be a good choice for a mole check up as I am getting up in age and have spent time in the sun. I had wait over an hour just to called back. He finally rushes in and takes a quick look and asked me if I want to freeze off some moles. I thought he was the doctor and would determine that. He didn't even take the time to look at my whole body. I had to ask him if he would look at my legs. Very disappointed!
in Foley, AL |
This doctor did not ask me a history about my skin problems, spent 5 min in the room, and did not have any idea what is going on after looking on my skin rash. I had to insist on my blood test to confirm what I was thinking about my condition. Then, I received a bill for $ 415 dollars!!! Is it normal bill for medical help from the doctor? Did he really helped me? NO! Never go back to him again and do not advise you to go there.
in Mobile, AL |
I first saw Dr. Bender for a routine skin cancer screening. He was quick, concise and matter of fact without being abrupt. Everyone , from the PAs to the staff , has always been pleasant and helpful. But, be prepared to wait. I have had to leave and reschedule when my appointment time was 30 minutes prior and I was still in the waiting room.
in Mobile, AL |
I visited the Mobile office. Dr Bender was very courteous, friendly, prompt and thorough. I was very happy with my visit and the procedure that he performed. His staff was equally friendly and helpful. I would definitely recommend.
in Mobile, AL |
I originally started visiting Advanced Dermatology for Botox and have been very pleased ever since. I have had 3 separate laser procedures all with great results. He even has a laser to cure psoriasis! Dr. Bender listened to my concerns and was extremely knowledgable in my diagnosis. His nurse contacted me in a timely fashion with my biopsy results and scheduled my surgery. Their new building is beautiful. I recommend his office to all my friends.
Paid my co-insurance upon going to this doctor and he billed my insurance company under two codes, one for burning offer wart they paid and the other for nevis??. Paid my agreed co-pay before the visit. Billing department and receptionist at Daphne, AL are rude and do not care to get their insurance claim corrected. Stay away, beware! After he burned off the wart, it came back and he collected 20.00 plus money from my insurance for being in-network He is trying to bill me another 100.00.
Robin I am sorry your insurance requires you to pay a substantial portion of your bill. Unfortunately, this is becoming a common occurrence in the insurance industry. Most of our patients make contact with 3 different employees (appointment clerk, front office personnel, medical assistant) as well as seeing the provider. We could never survive on a 20 dollars patient copay. Take care Advanced Dermatology
Have you seen Dr. Thomas Bender, MD?

Visit Dr. Bender