Vitreoretinal Disease & Surgery  |
Male
Dr. Thomas Barnard, MD
Dr. Thomas Barnard, MD is a vitreoretinal disease & surgery doctor who practices in Lake Mary, FL. He has been practicing for 24 years. Dr. Barnard is affiliated with Florida Hospital Oceanside, Osceola Regional Medical Center, Florida Hospital - Altamonte, Florida Hospital Waterman, Orlando Regional Medical Center and Halifax Health Medical Center of Daytona Beach.

1025 Primera Blvd

Lake Mary, FL 32746

• Amerigroup (Wellpoint)

Learn about Dr. Barnard

See how frequently Dr. Barnard performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Retinal Telangiectasia
Central Serous Chorioretinopathy
Repair of Retinal Detachment or Retinal Tear

Dr. Barnard's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

This content was provided by Dr. Barnard "As your Retinologist, my primary goal is to provide you the very best in medical and surgical evaluation, care, and treatment for vitreo-retinal diseases that threaten your vision. My over-riding goal is to maintain your sight and allow you to carry out the life you wish to live."

• Vitreoretinal Disease & Surgery

• Blindness
  • Central Serous Chorioretinopathy
  • Chorioretinal Scars
  • Chorioretinitis
  • Choroidal Neovascular Membranes (CNVM)
  • Chronic Endophthalmitis
  • Contusion of the Eyeball
  • Corneal Diseases
  • Diabetic Macular Edema (DME)
  • Diabetic Retinopathy
  • Retinal Ischemia
  • Retinal Neovascularization
  • Retinal Telangiectasia
  • Retinal Vein Occlusion
  • Retinitis Pigmentosa (RP)
  • Retinoblastoma
  • Retinopathy of Prematurity (ROP)
  • Retinoschisis

• Paracentesis of Anterior Eye
  • Removal of Intraocular Foreign Body
  • Repair of Retinal Detachment or Retinal Tear
  • Vitrectomy
  • Vitrectomy (incl. Macular Hole Repair)
  • Vitreoretinal Surgery

• St Lukes Med Center
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1997
  • Wva University
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 1998

Dr. Barnard has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Barnard does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Barnard and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Barnard's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Barnard to family and friends
4.0
Dr. Barnard Says:

Dr. Barnard and Florida Retina Institute would like to thank you for completing this survey. We strive to continuously provide excellent patient care and to treat our patients with professional respect in a patient-friendly environment. We value your opinion to ensure the quality care our patients deserve. We appreciate your trust and confidence in us.

Dr. Barnard's Performance
in Casselberry, FL |
Recently I found out that I had macular edema brought on by diabetes. I was referred to the Florida Retina Institute and was seen by Dr Thomas Barnard. I found him to be the type of doctor I prefer, relaxed, and friendly, but. direct. He was able to show me images of the damage and clearly explained my condition and consequences. Sucessful laser surgery was performed two days later. Cataract surgery may be necessary a few years down the road and this is the doctor I intend to use.
in Apopka, FL |
The office was efficient and there was very little downtown waiting to be seen. Dr. Barnard answered all of my questions.
in Lake Mary,Fl |
I began visiting Dr. Barnard about two and half years ago for retinopathy in both eyes. He has taken great care to properly assess my condition and make suggestion as how to treat it. Eyes are so very important and the care given is critical to maintaining good eye sight. Having said that, trust is of paramount importance. And I trust Dr. Barnard. He and his staff are professional and caring and I know I am getting excellent care. And I highly recommend him,
in Orange City |
I was an emergency referal and got an appointment within 3 days. Dr Bernard examined me and ordered further tests which were done promptly and in a highly professional manner. The diagnosis was made and treatment started. I was very impressed by Dr Bernard and his staff.
in The Villages |
Caring, sensitive to patient's anxiety, gentle touch with injections, explains condition.
in Titusville, FL |
Dr.Barnard and his staff have have a very efficient and well organized operation. Dr. Barnard knew that I am a physician, and I think he gave me more information and explanation about my problem than I think the average patient receives. This was much appreciated. I was very impressed with Dr. Barnard's staff, especially Mike. It was a fine experience.
in Osteen Fl. |
I really like Dr. Barnard,He explaines everything so I can understand what is going on ,A great Dr.
in Apopka, FL |
I would recommend Dr. Barnard, he is very good. His staff is outstanding, friendly, knowledgeable and profession.
in Ormond Beach, FL |
This was my first visit to the office and Dr. Barnard was so kind and put me at ease. He explained a very serious situation in easy to understand terms and made me feel I was at the right place with the right person to get the help I needed. The whole staff - his team was outstanding. I am so very happy my doctor referred me to Dr. Barnard. Very very pleased with him and have full trust going forward with my treatment.
in Deltona, FL |
I HAVE BEEN SEEING YES SEEING DR. BARNARD FOR DIABETIC EYE CARE FOR MANY YEARS AND I DO BELIEVE THAT I MAY HAVE LOSS MY SIGHT WITHOUT HIS CARE. MANY THANKS !!!!
in Titusville, FL |
I'm a new patient and was pleasantly surprised with the staff and Dr. Bernard. Came for appointment on wrong date and they were still able and willing to fit me in and they didn't seem to be put out in the least. My eyesight is very important to me and obviously to Dr. Bernard and the Titusville Staff. Cynthia .
in Punta Gorda, FL |
A handful of years ago, I had a very serious retina detachment at the age of 50. Dr. Barnard was by my side the entire way, as I went through 6 retina repairs, a lens implant, and subsequently a cornea transplant. He is a very skilled surgeon, and very reassuring, always doing his best to improve the vision of each and every patient he sees. After several years, I still go back for check ups and Dr. Barnard is always happy to consult on my vision. The staff is great too!!
in Lake Mary Florida |
I had a detached Retina. Dr Barnard and his staff made my operation and recovery an absolute success. I could not recommend a Doctor/Surgeon higher.
Have you seen Dr. Thomas Barnard, MD?
Are you Dr. Barnard?