Dr. Thomas Baier, MD

Orthopedic Surgery •  Male • Age 66

Dr. Baier
45 Tower Ct Gurnee, IL 60031

Dr. Thomas Baier, MD is a Orthopedic Surgery Specialist in Gurnee, IL. Dr. Baier has more experience with Hip/Pelvic Bones and Knee/Lower Limbs than other specialists in his area. He is affiliated with medical facilities Advocate Condell Medical Center and Vista Medical Center East. He is accepting new patients. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Baier to book an appointment.

Dr. Baier's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Baier

Dr. Baier?
What People Say About Dr. Thomas Baier, MD
Dr Baier is knowledgeable, trusting long, and caring. He has expertise in replacing knees unmatched to any other ortho I have seen in the past.
Linda G – Jun 25, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Thomas Baier, MD?
I had a total knee replacement done in June 2019. It was a very positive experience from start to finish! I will go back to him to have the second knee done and my husband will use him for hip replacement. No complaints!
Andrea Panos – Apr 24, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Thomas Baier, MD?
Thank you Dr Baier and Selena Carpenter. I have never been so happy. Both were very professional and help me so much during my recovery. Both knees replaced and I am back to walking.
elaine mahon – Feb 21, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Thomas Baier, MD?
Dr. Baier was recommended to me by a friend. Dr. Baier replaced her hip as well. He was comforting and professional from the first meeting and I graduated to a cane in less than a week. I was walking around Chicago looking at Christmas lights after only 3 weeks. It was a great experience and I now wonder why I waited so long.
Vince Adams – Jan 16, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Thomas Baier, MD?
Dr Baier preformed 2 surgeries on my right leg in the month of November. He did a knee replacement as well as a tumor removal. I can not thank him enough for the wonderful care and professional manner in which he treated me.
Elizabeth Mastandrea in ROUND Lake Beach, IL – Jan 16, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Thomas Baier, MD?
Dr. Baier and PA Selena Carpenter are wonderful! After more than 2 years of not being able to walk, stand or sleep without pain, I finally made an appointment. Rec'd quick response from the very beginning, from scheduling 1st appt to the post-op follow through. Explanation(s) of pre- and post-surgery were very thorough and put in layman's terms so I always felt I knew exactly what was going on. The pre-surgery class was good as it reiterates the dr. instructions and gave good suggestions to facilitate rapid recovery. Recovery has been amazingly quick; up & moving day of surgery and progressed rapidly from there. From the day of surgery, it's been miraculous to finally be able to move and sleep without pain! Now, even only 6 weeks after surgery, I feel it can only get better as I work to strengthen the legs. I'd recommend Dr. Baier and PA Salena Carpenter to anyone without a moment's hesitation. Thank you both for changing this 69-yr old's mobility so incredibly!
Nov 27, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Thomas Baier, MD?
In my experience Dr. Baier is a miracle worker. For the first time in five years I can walk without pain. After another surgeon in the Advocate system refused to do surgery I went to Dr. Baier and within 6 weeks I had a new knee. My recovery from his procedure was painless. Walking right after waking up. Used a walker for two days and for safety reasons only a cane for two days.
Aug 10, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Thomas Baier, MD?
At 46 years old, I was told that I needed a partial KR or TKR on my knees due to my severe arthritis, bone on bone, walking with a limp, becoming more boned-legged. I saw three surgeons who had different approaches on how to treat me. However, Dr. Baier’s holistic approach, expertise, being very detailed, answering very specific questions/concerns and taking the time to educate me about his plan for the surgery before, during, and after was re-affirming and reassuring. June 10 I had bilateral cement less TKR surgery which went perfectly. Selena, his PA and who is priceless, his staff and the Condell 4th floor staff was wonderful. The organization of knee surgery class at Condell, pre and post surgery appointments, prescriptions and PT with Megan and Allie was fantastic! A month later, I am walking about a mile a day, have flexibility back in my knees, walking with no limp and straight, doing stairs, and feeling over all wonderful and so thankful that I got my active life back.
MDay in Antioch, IL – Jul 23, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Thomas Baier, MD?
Dr. Baier spent time with me when I had questions about my surgery and recovery. My cement less knee replacement surgery went perfectly. Selena, his PA, is a priceless asset to his team. The organization of knee surgery class, pre and post surgery appointments, prescriptions and PT was impeccable.
IL – Jun 17, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Thomas Baier, MD?
I have had two hip replacements done by Dr. Baier. I have found him to be very knowledgeable, and also very caring. He really listens to patient questions and takes time to answer completely. He also really knows what he's doing, and is an excellent surgeon. I would recommend him to anyone needing replacement surgery, and I will definitely return to him if I need anything done in the future. Great man and fantastic surgeon! Chris Taulbee
Christine Taulbee in none – Jun 14, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Thomas Baier, MD?
An excellent experience all around. 57yr female in reasonable health had total hip replacement. Surgery at 730am, home by 1pm, back to work in 3weeks. The office staff was excellent, responding over Christmas holidays (surgery Jan2). My recovery was straight forward with the assistance of some physical therapy. Dr Baier has an impeccable reputation because he is on top of things, has an excellent PA and support staff. I've thanked him many times. Gave me 10years back on my life.
Apr 30, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Thomas Baier, MD?
Dr. Baier is one of the best surgeons at Condell hospital all the nurses in there would recommend him for any ortho procedure. He has been my surgeon for so many years I'm glad I choose the right surgeon to do my total knee replacement on both knees, he does this every day, he has a lot of experience. I had them done in December 12th 2 days I stayed in the hospital, followed all his instructions and I'm back to work after 3 1/2 month.Him and Salina his assistant took good care of me I'am happy with the outcomes. thanks Dr Baier!
Apr 23, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Thomas Baier, MD?
Dr.Baier replaced both my knees in January. Walked out of the hospital 2 days later! Less than 3 months later, I am walking over 10000 steps per day. Just did 13000 today! Both Dr Baier and Selina are very caring and knowledgeable. I had severe arthritis in both knees, bone on bone. Walked in constant pain before the surgery. Had great results and am well on the road to full recovery.
Apr 08, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Thomas Baier, MD?
Dr. Baier and selina are, in my opinion, the BEST orthos in Libertyville. They have a conservative approach and take surgical I intervention seriously. I had BOTH my knees replaced and literally walked out of the hospital 3 days later. They are a team that complement one another very well. I have k own many many people who have had knee and/or hip replacements by Dr. Baier and not a one had a less than positive outcome. I cannot recommend Dr. Baier and Selina highly enough!
Mar 09, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Thomas Baier, MD?
He never remembered why I was there. Kept asking to see my knee when it was my hip. He put off my surgery on my hip till it shattered . It was a terrible experience. He was not at all caring. Had to go to another surgeon to fix my hip.
Buffalo Grove, IL – Feb 11, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Thomas Baier, MD?
Dr. Baier has performed three surgeries on me always with excellent results. He and his staff are excellent and very accommodating.
Charlene Mruk in Gurnee, IL – Oct 05, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Thomas Baier, MD?
After two complete ACL reconstructions on the same knee over a ten year period, it was time for a total knee replacement. Dr. Baier and his team were fantastic. We decided an aggressive approach to surgery and physical therapy was right for me. After 3 months I am ahead of schedule, average measurements and am doing great. I can't say enough about how well I was treated by Dr. Baier and his team before, during and after surgery!
Jon N in Libertyville – Mar 08, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Thomas Baier, MD?
Dr. Baier and his staff are very professional and there is a genuine caring attitude that is sometimes lost in the medical field. I had my both my hips replaced in the span of five weeks. The first surgery required a one night stay at the hospital. The second surgery I was released the same day....amazing. Very little pain associated with the first surgery and NONE with the second. The anterior approach done by a skilled surgeon...Dr. Baier is the way to go!
William Lomas in ANTIOCH, Il – Mar 06, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Thomas Baier, MD?
After a less than perfect experience with my left knee replacement I decided to change doctors when planning the right one. I choose Dr. Baier based on patient reviews. He was very kind and thoughtful and listened quietly to my concerns before responding. He assured me that I would not have a repeat of my prior experience. Everything went beautifully and even my recovery went beyond my expectations! My leg performance was even better! I am very pleased with Dr. Baier and his staff!
Sandra in Grayslake,IL – Feb 23, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Thomas Baier, MD?
I am 4 months into my recovery from total knee replacement surgery done by Dr. Baier and have nothing but good to say about his care and competence. Right from the start he showed me a courteous, professional demeanor and was genuinely concerned with my well being. Good planning, good execution, great staff and support team was the culture I saw every time I interacted with him. He was the third ortho doc I visited investigating my options for my knee but he quickly became my number one choice.
Lee McLaughlin – Feb 20, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Thomas Baier, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Baier?

Dr. Baier is a very conservative surgeon. He treats patients as he would want to be treated. He does not recommend surgery unless all other non-surgical treats have been evaluated. When he does recommend surgery, he taylors the surgery to what is best for the patient so that they have the best opportunity for success.

• Bone & Joint Non-Surgical Orthopedics