Dr. Thomas Baier, MD

Dr. Thomas Baier, MD

Orthopedic Surgery  ·
Dr. Thomas Baier, MD is an orthopedic surgery specialist in Lincolnshire, IL and has been practicing for 34 years. He graduated from Rush Medical College Of Rush University in 1980 and specializes in orthopedic surgery, sports medicine, and more.Read his story

100 Village Grn Ste 120

Lincolnshire, IL 60069

• Ameritas
  • Blue Cross Blue Shield of Illinois

No malpractice claims found for Illinois

Check Dr. Baier's experience treating your condition or procedure

Dr. Baier's Top Procedures and Conditions

Knee Disorders

Dr. Baier treats Knee Disorders more than 98% of his peers

Dr. Baier treats this condition more than 98% of his peers

Osteoarthritis

Dr. Baier treats Osteoarthritis more than 96% of his peers

Dr. Baier treats this condition more than 96% of his peers

Rating Includes other areas of care:

• Osteoarthritis of Ankle

• Clavicle Fracture
  • Coccygeal Pain
  • De Quervain's Disease
  • Elbow Bursitis
  • Enthesopathy of Knee (incl. Bursitis of Knee)
  • Femur Fracture
  • Foot Fracture
  • Fracture of Hand (incl. Fingers)
  • Ganglion Cyst
  • Knee Arthroscopy
  • Knee Ligament Injuries
  • Knee Replacement
  • Knee Sprain
  • Lateral and Medial Epicondylitis (Tennis and Golf Elbow)
  • Leg Fracture Above Knee (incl. Hip)
  • Leg Fracture Below Knee (incl. Ankle)
  • Medial Collateral Ligament (MCL) Sprain
  • Medial Collateral Ligament (MCL) Sprains and Tears
  • Minimally Invasive Knee Replacement
  • Minimally Invasive Total Hip Replacement
  • Muscular Dystrophy (MD)
  • Non-Unions and Malunions of Fractures
  • Trigger Finger
  • Trigger Finger Release
  • Viscosupplementation With Hyaluronate
  • Wrist Fracture

Dr. Baier is a very conservative surgeon. He treats patients as he would want to be treated. He does not recommend surgery unless all other non-surgical treats have been evaluated. When he does recommend surgery, he taylors the surgery to what is best for the patient so that they have the best opportunity for success.

• Hip & Knee Orthopedics

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Baier

Dr. Baier?
Dr. Baier's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Thomas Baier, MD
An excellent experience all around. 57yr female in reasonable health had total hip replacement. Surgery at 730am, home by 1pm, back to work in 3weeks. The office staff was excellent, responding over Christmas holidays (surgery Jan2). My recovery was straight forward with the assistance of some physical therapy. Dr Baier has an impeccable reputation because he is on top of things, has an excellent PA and support staff. I've thanked him many times. Gave me 10years back on my life.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Thomas Baier, MD?
Dr. Baier is one of the best surgeons at Condell hospital all the nurses in there would recommend him for any ortho procedure. He has been my surgeon for so many years I'm glad I choose the right surgeon to do my total knee replacement on both knees, he does this every day, he has a lot of experience. I had them done in December 12th 2 days I stayed in the hospital, followed all his instructions and I'm back to work after 3 1/2 month.Him and Salina his assistant took good care of me I'am happy with the outcomes. thanks Dr Baier!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Thomas Baier, MD?
Dr.Baier replaced both my knees in January. Walked out of the hospital 2 days later! Less than 3 months later, I am walking over 10000 steps per day. Just did 13000 today! Both Dr Baier and Selina are very caring and knowledgeable. I had severe arthritis in both knees, bone on bone. Walked in constant pain before the surgery. Had great results and am well on the road to full recovery.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Thomas Baier, MD?
Dr. Baier and selina are, in my opinion, the BEST orthos in Libertyville. They have a conservative approach and take surgical I intervention seriously. I had BOTH my knees replaced and literally walked out of the hospital 3 days later. They are a team that complement one another very well. I have k own many many people who have had knee and/or hip replacements by Dr. Baier and not a one had a less than positive outcome. I cannot recommend Dr. Baier and Selina highly enough!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Thomas Baier, MD?
He never remembered why I was there. Kept asking to see my knee when it was my hip. He put off my surgery on my hip till it shattered . It was a terrible experience. He was not at all caring. Had to go to another surgeon to fix my hip.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Thomas Baier, MD?
Dr. Baier has performed three surgeries on me always with excellent results. He and his staff are excellent and very accommodating.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Thomas Baier, MD?
After two complete ACL reconstructions on the same knee over a ten year period, it was time for a total knee replacement. Dr. Baier and his team were fantastic. We decided an aggressive approach to surgery and physical therapy was right for me. After 3 months I am ahead of schedule, average measurements and am doing great. I can't say enough about how well I was treated by Dr. Baier and his team before, during and after surgery!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Thomas Baier, MD?
Dr. Baier and his staff are very professional and there is a genuine caring attitude that is sometimes lost in the medical field. I had my both my hips replaced in the span of five weeks. The first surgery required a one night stay at the hospital. The second surgery I was released the same day....amazing. Very little pain associated with the first surgery and NONE with the second. The anterior approach done by a skilled surgeon...Dr. Baier is the way to go!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Thomas Baier, MD?
After a less than perfect experience with my left knee replacement I decided to change doctors when planning the right one. I choose Dr. Baier based on patient reviews. He was very kind and thoughtful and listened quietly to my concerns before responding. He assured me that I would not have a repeat of my prior experience. Everything went beautifully and even my recovery went beyond my expectations! My leg performance was even better! I am very pleased with Dr. Baier and his staff!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Thomas Baier, MD?
I am 4 months into my recovery from total knee replacement surgery done by Dr. Baier and have nothing but good to say about his care and competence. Right from the start he showed me a courteous, professional demeanor and was genuinely concerned with my well being. Good planning, good execution, great staff and support team was the culture I saw every time I interacted with him. He was the third ortho doc I visited investigating my options for my knee but he quickly became my number one choice.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Thomas Baier, MD?
Dr. Baier performed a hip replacement (anterior approach) on me on 12.26,2017. 5 1/2 weeks later, I am walking without a limp and with no assistance (no crutches, walker, or even cane). I am still in outpatient PT to strengthen muscles and return me to full activity. The pain I endured before surgery is gone. Dr. Baier and his entire staff are approachable and personable - incredibly easy to work with. I am most pleased with my results and enthusiastically recommend this practice to all.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Thomas Baier, MD?
Had both hips replaced by Dr. Baier. It was a smooth process and went great for me. Dr. Baier is a very nice man and I felt very confident having him for my surgeon. Everything went fine and my new hips are great!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Thomas Baier, MD?
Dr. Baier performed complete knee replacements on both of my knees in 2015. I am extremely satisfied and would recommend him to anyone who needs a knee replacement.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Thomas Baier, MD?
Several years after being diagnosed with AVN (4 to be exact) – the pain and the inability to enjoy life was simply too great to ignore. It’s at that point I found Dr. Baier doing the Anterior Approach THR. The surgery went off without a hitch and my current recovery is going extremely well. I couldn’t be happier and can’t thank Dr. Baier enough for his great work. Dr. Baier is a very knowledgeable, talented surgeon who most definitely stands above rest!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Thomas Baier, MD?
Recently had a total knee replacement and I have nothing but good things to say about Dr. Baier. While I am still in the healing process all is going well. Dr. Baier used the Zipline to close the incision. This new method eliminated incision pain and there were no staples or stitches to remove but just two pieces of tape.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Thomas Baier, MD?
DR. Baier has fixed both my knees..... he is a great listener .... precise surgeon... and excels in his field. I would reccomend him to anyone who was having issues! His staff is corgial and answers questions, give great direction.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Thomas Baier, MD?
Dr. Baier performed an anterior total hip replacement on my left hip in April 2017 and on my right hip about 30 days later. I feel extremely fortunate that he was my surgeon. I am writing about 10 days after the second surgery, and I am very happy with the outcome of both surgeries. I believe that Dr. Baier is among the elite surgeons in his field.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Thomas Baier, MD?
Please, do yourself a favor and stay away from this office, office collects deposits and credit card numbers from patients with insurance, which is against any rules of medical billing. Nothing against the way the doctor is with patients, however should definitely re-visit office policies with staff. Staff pretty unprofessional!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Thomas Baier, MD?
I had hip replacement (anterior) and my experience and recovery was excellent thanks to Dr. Baier.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Thomas Baier, MD?
My first knee replacement with Dr. Baier. He explained everything clearly and made me feel more comfortable with the procedure. He is very professional and showed his care and concern every step of the way. I would highly recommend him and anyone who is facing a knee or hip replacement.
Show more reviews

How was your experience with Dr. Baier?

• Mon: closed