Dr. Theodore Wu, MD

Ophthalmology | Male

Virginia Eye Institute 611 Watkins Centre Pkwy Ste 2-100 Midlothian, VA 23114 Get Directions
Dr. Theodore Wu, MD
Dr. Theodore Wu, MD is an ophthalmology doctor who practices in Midlothian, VA. He is 50 years old and has been practicing for 22 years. Dr. Wu is affiliated with Bon Secours - St. Mary's Hospital, Bon Secours - St. Francis Medical Center, Henrico Doctors' Hospital and CJW Medical Center - Chippenham.

Dr. Wu's Care Philosophy

To enrich lives by improving sight. We do this through: Excellence in diagnosis and treatment Breadth of services and specialties Numerous and convenient office locations Technological advancements Clinical research Continuing medical and community education Community outreach activities and events

Dr. Wu's Experience

See how Dr. Wu's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Wu

Dr. Wu accepts 8 insurance carriers

Dr. Wu is now accepting new patients

Check out the quality of care at the 4 hospitals where Dr. Wu has admitting privileges.

Dr. Wu's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Wu to family and friends
Dr. Wu's Performance
in Midlothian, VA |
I first saw Dr. Wu 9 years ago when I was having a vision issue in my eye. It turned out to be a cataract and Dr. Wu did a great job with the surgery. No problems to this day. My other eye started to get fuzzy about two years ago. I scheduled surgery but had to delay for family reasons. When I finally got it done recently my cataract was very thick. Dr. Wu again did an excellent job and even called me himself the same evening to see how I was doing. He is a great doctor who actually cares.
in Richmond, VA |
Dr. Wu operated to remove cataracts and performed the newest laser treatment. I now have one eye that focuses on near and the the other on far. I do not need glasses to read newspaper or books on my Kindle. Procedure went well for a 76 yrs old female. I still work, very part time, and night driving is not an issue. Although, the operation was pricey it was well worth it. Dr. Wu can tailor the procedure vs cost with you prior to operation. Staff was most helpful. I would highly recommend Dr. Wu
Midlothian, VA |
Dr. Wu performed my cataract surgery and I highly recommend him. During my search for a surgeon, I spoke with many people who told me their surgeon was excellent but didn't communicate well with them, e.g. telling them what they might expect or addressing their post-operative questions and concerns. Dr. Wu was kind and courteous and demonstrated his interest in your comfort and well-being, before and after the surgery.
in Midlothian, VA |
I had laser surgery to remove scar tissue. Dr. Wu explained the procedure and was very reassuring. Everything went well; there was no pain!
Richmond, VA |
Dr. Wu has been my eye care physician for the past several years. Most recently, he removed cataracts and implanted lenses in both eyes. Dr. Wu is an excellent physician: he has a very careing and professional manner, he carefully listens to and thoroughly addresses any questions or concerns of the patient. I highly recommend Dr. Wu.
in Crewe, VA |
Dr. Wu is an outstanding eye surgeon who treated me for cataracts and lens implants. The surgeries on both of my eyes turned out perfectly. His follow up after the surgery was outstanding. Dr. Wu has a calm and caring demeanor and demonstrates great care for his patients. I highly recommend Dr. Wu to anyone who needs eye surgery. In addition to Dr. Wu's excellent qualities, his nurses and staff at Virginia Eye Institute are very professional and caring. Having eye surgery with Dr. Wu has been on
in Chester, VA |
Dr. Wu is an excellent communicator and seems to genuinely care about my eyesight and overall health. He is personable and positive, fully informing me of the status of my vision issues and treatments. I highly recommend Dr. Wu as a physician and eyesight specialist.
in midlothian, VA |
I had Lasik surgery in 2015. I am extremely phobic about eyes, even during eye exams, so I did not think I would ever choose to get the surgery done. But I had complete confidence in Dr. Wu, and he was a calming influence both before and during the procedure. I am so glad I had the surgery; I've had no issues, no discomfort, and my vision is 20/20.
in Richmond, VA |
Cataract surgery in both eyes. Surgery went well and I have had very good results. Dr Wu and staff were very good about explaining procedures and answering questions. Overall, a good healthcare experience.
Have you seen Dr. Theodore Wu, MD?
Are you Dr. Wu?

Compare Dr. Wu

Dr. Wu's Care Philosophy

Dr. Wu's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Ophthalmology
  •  Board certified in Ophthalmology

• Chief Resident of Ophthalmology, Medical College of Virginia
    • Phi Beta Kappa, 1988

Dr. Wu has no media or publications listed.

No malpractice history found for Virginia.

Why It Matters: Dr. Wu's Board Certifications

• Chalazion
  • Conjunctival Hemorrhage
  • Corneal Abrasion or Laceration
  • Corneal Diseases
  • Diabetic Macular Edema (DME)
  • Diabetic Retinopathy
  • Diplopia
  • Drooping Eyelids (Ptosis)
  • Drusen

Virginia Commonwealth University School Of Medicine
    Duke University
  • Other Education
    University of Virginia

Dr. Wu does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Wu and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Ophthalmology