Dr. Theodore Stringer, MD

Dr. Theodore Stringer, MD

Orthopedic Surgery  |

Dr. Theodore Stringer, MD is an orthopedic surgery doctor who practices in Colorado Springs, CO. He is 68 years old and has been practicing for 42 years. Dr. Stringer is affiliated with University of Colorado Health - Memorial Hospital Central and Penrose-St. Francis Health Services.

Colorado Springs Orthopaedic Group

• Travelers
  • WellPoint
  • Worker's Compensation

Learn about Dr. Stringer

"My goal as an orthopedic surgeon is to establish an open relationship with my patients. I want them to feel comfortable asking me any question and confident that they are receiving the best care possible. This means being open and honest".

Colorado Springs Orthopaedic Group is dedicated to comprehensive, specialized and exceptional patient care. Our subspecialized physicians treat sports injuries, hand and arm injuries, foot and ankle problems, back and neck pain, hip and knee conditions and arthritis. Our onsite services include X-ray, MRI, orthotics and prosthetics, physical and occupational therapy and outpatient surgery. Furthermore, our evening and Saturday hours allow same day appointments for your urgent orthopedic needs.

Dr. Stringer's Experience

Dr. Stringer's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Orthopedic Surgery

• Knee Arthritis
  • Knee Dislocation
  • Knee Fracture
  • Knee Sprain
  • Leg Fracture Above Knee (incl. Hip)
  • Medial Collateral Ligament (MCL) Sprain

• Knee and Lower Leg Fracture Treatment, Closed
  • Knee and Lower Leg Fracture Treatment, Open
  • Synovial Biopsy
  • Total Joint Replacement

No malpractice history found for Colorado.

• Albion College
    Undergraduate School | Graduated
  • University of Michigan Medical School
    Medical School | Graduated 1975
    Internship Hospital | Completed
  • Denver Orthopaedic Clinic
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed

Dr. Stringer has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Stringer does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Stringer and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Penrose-St. Francis Health Services

is a Recipient of a Healthgrades Excellence Award
Orthopedic Surgery Excellence Award

Hospital Quality Award

Dr. Stringer is on the medical staff at our top-rated hospital.

View Awards

Dr. Stringer's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Stringer to family and friends
4.3
Dr. Stringer's Performance
in Monument, CO |
Dr. Stringer and his staff have been a blessing in my life; his surgical expertise, professionalism and awesome team have given me four chances to remain active! My life first crossed his path in 1995 when he repaired my 3rd degree shoulder separation, 2nd my left hip replacement in 2007, third my left bicep tendon repair in 2014 and, lastly, my right hip replacement in December 2016. I could not be more satisfied with the results of any of my surgeries. I would recommend him to anyone!
in Colorado Springs, CO |
Dr. Stringer was outstanding. His professional manner, experience, and attention to detail were just what I wanted for my full knee replacement. My end result couldn't have been better to continue my active lifestyle.
in Colorado Springs, CO |
The VA told me I needed both knees and hips replaced. I explained to Dr. Stringer at my first visit that I was using the VA choice program (meaning the pay to the doctors is worse than Medicare). After an exam and X-rays, he told me all 4 needed to be replaced and asked, without hesitation,which one I wanted to do first. 9 months later, all 4 surgeries are complete. I couldn't be happier with his professionalism, the excellent outcome, his concern and great sense of humor. He's a godsend!!!!!!!
Monument, CO |
I walked into the hospital to have total knee replacement and haven't walked since. When trying to engage in a discussion about what happened Dr Stringer became defensive and within 1 minute he walked out of the examination room without explanation. To all future patients avoid this doctor. Find yourself a younger doctor whom cares about their patients.
Colorado Springs, CO |
I went in for a routine knee replacement and walked out wearing a brace, all caused by Dr. Stringer. Somehow an important tendon was shredded during surgery. Since then I had 2 more surgeries and the final one at Mayo Clinic. My surgeon at Mayo Clinic said the tendon problem should never have happened in surgery. I would never, never recommend Dr. Stringer for any type of surgery.
in Colorado Springs, CO |
Competent, organized, professional and very good customer service by staff.
in Colorado Springs, CO |
Very congenial, knowledgeable and helpful through the entire procedure and healing process.
in Colorado Springs, CO |
Had 2 appointments with Dr. Stringer. The first was ok. They were reasonably on time, took x-rays, and I had thorough exam by Dr. Stringer followed by an injection in my hip. I had the 2nd appointment a week later. This time, he was an hour late with no apology or explanation. In addition he decided an MRI was warranted. Unfortunately, it took 6 weeks to get approved because his staff never sent the X-ray or clinic notes from the first visit. They were continually rude and condescending.
He was great...
Colorado Springs, CO |
Excellent care. Great office. I went in informed and confident to my surgery and am thrilled with the results 3 months out from my hip replacement.
in Colorado Springs, CO |
It's always fantastic. Dr Stringer is a terrific doc. I'm very pleased.
Excellent
in Colorado Springs, CO |
Outstanding surgeon! At less than three months post surgery, I am back to cycling, hiking, and golf.
in Colorado Springs, CO |
Dr. Stringer has a great personality while given state of the art care.
in Colorado Springs, CO |
Great. I could not be happier.
in Colorado Springs, CO |
If you are a patient of any size do not use this doctor. He will harangue and humiliate you about your size and weight no matter how it is distributed. He is a small man with an obvious Napoleon complex. During my last visit, he made of point of humiliating me by bringing in a scale to weigh me in front of him so he could yell at me about the BMI. By the way, do some research! BMI is a horrible measure of fitness. You could be large and fit and still have a very high BMI. Try someone else.
in Colorado Springs, CO |
Excellent surgery and follow up. Clear explanation of injury and treatment, likely outcome. GreAt doctor.
Colorado Springs, CO |
On my second visit, I had to wait for an hour past my appointment time to be seen. No explanation or apology was offered. Then, Dr. Stringer spent only about 5 minutes with me. Why can't the office call ahead when the doctor is running behind and have you come later? My time is valuable too!
Very good comunication
New York, NY |
Excellent Doctor.
He's great
Excellent !!!!!!!!!!!!
in Colorado Springs, CO |
Very thorough and takes time to check out any concerns.
in Colorado Springs, CO |
Dr Stringer gave me exceptional care! He replaced two knees and my left hip. His priority was to take care of the problems I was experiencing and helped me to get full range of my joints. His priory is the patient!
Outstanding !
in Colorado Springs, CO |
Very informative about condition of left knee condition. Covered options for treatment. Emplaned details of how a knee replacement, if needed, would b accomplished. Somewhat relieved my fear of a knee replacement. Gave cordizone shot. Will call back in a week to see how my knee is doing before considering further treatment.
in Colorado Springs, CO |
Dr Stringer was very personable. He listened to my concerns, repeated them back to me to be sure he understood my issues, and then explained with detail what the next steps would be. he didn't seemed rushed, and I feel he spent time listening to my input and finding a set of solutions to pursue.
Very caring.
in Colorado Springs, CO |
Dr Stringer is family. He and Jessie have always provided care with courtesy and professionalism. They're much appreciated.
Always excellent
New York, NY |
Provided excellent information about my knee degenerative disease Always takes time to answer my many questions
in Colorado Springs, CO |
Dr. Stringer explained everything to me prior to surgery my surgeries. Both hips 3 months apart. Great results!
Excellent communicator; excellent follow-up
Have you seen Dr. Theodore Stringer, MD?
Are you Dr. Stringer?