Dr. Theodore Schwartz, MD

Dr. Theodore Schwartz, MD

Neurosurgery  |

Neurosurgery has always been more of a passion than a profession for me. I view patient care as a privilege that requires complete dedication to patient well-being. I am fully aware that the concept of having to undergo a neurosurgical operation, a "brain surgery," is a daunting and terrifying prospect to a patient. I try to make the whole experience pleasant and positive, and to create a calm and soothing environment for my patients. My whole office staff is centered on the patient experience to provide professional, rapid responses to any questions in a courteous and caring manner. Behind the scenes, I have dedicated my career to pursuing minimally invasive operative techniques to make neurosurgical procedures easier on my patients so they recover more rapidly and can return quickly to their normal lives. Nothing makes my day more than seeing patients a few weeks after surgery and getting a big hug and smile from them and their families for a job well done. I am also privileged to practice at Weill Cornell Medicine and NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital in the Weill Cornell Brain and Spine Center. The staff and affiliated services are the best in New York, and their assistance is invaluable in providing the best and most compassionate care to my patients.

Weill Cornell Medicine Brain and Spine Center

525 E 68th St # 651

New York, NY 10065

• Worker's Compensation

Learn about Dr. Schwartz

Video

See how frequently Dr. Schwartz performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Pituitary Gland Tumor Excision
Craniectomy, Craniotomy, Surgery of Skull Base, Neuroendoscopy
Cerebrospinal Fluid Leak (CSF Leak)

Dr. Schwartz's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

This content was provided by Dr. Schwartz "We are committed to delivering the best care and an exceptional patient experience. We are devoted to providing services that are patient-centered and compassionate, and care for you as a person. "

• Neurosurgery

• Aneurysm
  • Brain Cancer
  • Broken Nose
  • Cerebral Artery Thrombosis
  • Cerebrospinal Fluid Leak (CSF Leak)
  • Chronic Sinusitis

• Cervical Lymph Node Dissection
  • Craniectomy, Craniotomy, Surgery of Skull Base, Neuroendoscopy
  • ENT Surgery
  • Endoscopic Endonasal Surgery
  • Epidural Lysis of Adhesions (LOA)
  • Excision of Facial Bone
  • Pituitary Gland Tumor Excision
  • Pituitary Gland Tumor Resection
  • Pituitary Surgery
  • Skull Base Surgery
  • Sphenoidotomy (Sinus Surgery)
  • Vascular Transcatheter Embolization

No malpractice history found for New York.

• Harvard Medical School
  • Columbia Presby Med Center
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1999
  • Yale New Haven Med Center
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed

Dr. Schwartz has no media or publications listed.

• French

Dr. Schwartz does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Schwartz and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Schwartz's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Schwartz to family and friends
Dr. Schwartz's Performance
in Yonkers, NY |
The highly acclaimed team of doctors that were available to me @ Weill Cornell relieved any apprehension of going into this very serious operation. I felt full confidence having these doctors: Dr. Theodore H. Schwartz, Dr. Vijay K. Anand and Dr. Georgiana Dobri and I couldn't have had better fortune than to have this team of doctors caring for me. All of them answered every question, all have genuine concern for you and all are at the top of their specialities. Thank you Thank you Thank you
in Bronx, New York |
I could not make a higher recommendation than I do for Dr. Theodore Schwartz. He exceeded all expectations for my brain AVM surgery (cavernous malformation). His confidence and competence made me feel totally at ease throughout the process, even on the morning of the surgery. I have been seizure free since and I was back to work in a month. Thank you Dr. Schwartz for making this work so well and so quickly, and for the drastic improvement in my quality of life.
in New York, NY |
Only one word to describe Dr. Schwartz, GREATNESS. My son Thomas is so grateful and our family so lucky to have found him to perform the type of surgery that was needed. Removal of a pituitary tumor. Thank You. Doctor Schwartz.
New York, NY |
Dr. Schwartz saved my father's life. He is an incredible neurosurgeon who goes beyond by looking at the whole picture. He found something that two other doctors who saw the same scan missed (both from peer hospitals). The wait is worth it because he is sitting in his office going through your records with a fine tooth comb. See Dr. Schwartz. My family trusts him completely. He's not in it for the glamor or money. He cares about YOU and triple checks the whole picture. Amazing doctor.
in Massapequa, NY |
Dr Schwartz saved my life. I think of him often knowing I am alive today because of him. After going through right hip replacement at the Hospital for Special Surgery in 2010 I developed a brain bleed and was rushed to NY Presbyterian for emergency brain surgery. God was with me when my surgeon was Dr Theodore Schwartz. He is a highly skilled surgeon and there are no words to thank him enough for my life. When I see pictures of him I just look at him and want to thank him over and over again
Miami, FL |
Dr Schwartz is an excellent physician. He treated me with compassion, kindness and respect. My surgery went so well that no one has any idea I had brain surgery. I was very lucky to find such an incredible surgeon. His staff is also intelligent, kind and highly responsive. I highly recommend Dr Schwartz and his staff.
Brooklyn, NY |
Worst doctor ever, rude, arrogant, no empathy. Originally went to him for 2nd opinion and got the wrong diagnosis and waited 1.5 hrs. Went back 2 months later for MRI and found tumor. Again waited more than 1 hr. Rude again and aggressively trying tell family to throw the report and previous comments away. when confronted him that the family was frustrated with the misdiagnosis and going through the process, he expressed the same and kept asking for a different visit. he then said will not
in New York, NY |
Dr. Schwartz is definitely a leader in his field of neurosurgery, everyone I spoke with, especially the doctors & nurses, said he was the best. He is a warm, kind, compassionate person with a wonderful bedside manner. He really is devoted to his patients. He treated me with respect and listened to what I had to say. When I had an issue with my medical insurance he went above and beyond to help me. My nickname for him is "Dr. McDreamy", he's so good looking and with a heart to match.
Springfield, VA |
Dr. Schwartz was able to treat my Arachnoid Cyst with a minimally invasive procedure that was totally effective when others wanted to perform procedures that were more invasive and risky. Fifteen months later after surgery, my cyst is significantly smaller and no longer an issue. Traveling from Northern Virginia was worth the effort. He is truly an incredible surgeon! I am very grateful that he was my doctor.
in Mahwah, NJ |
On May 10th 2016, following a MRI, my life changed as I learned that I had a Craniopharyngioma. My neurologist immediately placed a call to you. I feel fortunate that I was placed in the hands of not only a skilled and brilliant surgeon, but also a compassionate human being. It is so rare to find all these qualities in one in one individual. Since the surgery on June 8th, I continually find myself feeling so grateful to be under your care. My 3 month post op MRI was "perfect".
in West Orange, NJ |
I had a malignant brain tumor secondary to esophageal and lung cancer which had metastasized to my brain. Dr, Schwartz removed the entire tumor and implanted radioactive seeds. Two years later, while I remain under treatment by an oncologist, my brain tumor has not reoccurred. In life,as in medicine, there are no guarantees. However, in my opinion, Dr. Schwartz's skill set and dedication are second to none.
New York, NY |
The ultimate gentleman, I Had a large pituitary tumor removed five weeks ago by Dr Schwartz, my headaches are gone, blurred vision is gone,I rode my bike 10 miles yesterday, felling great. you are the absolute best, I can't thank You enough.
in Croton on Hudson, NY |
Dr. Theodore Schwartz removed a large benign tumor from my brain in December. Everything from the diagnosis, scheduling of surgery, and surgery itself could not have gone any better. Along with his remarkable staff, they made a trying situation into a secure outcome. My recovery was fast and I was back to work in two weeks! Dr. Schwartz gets a 10 from this grateful patient.
in Fayetteville, NY |
Dr. Schwartz made my very difficult skull base brain surgery seem easy and I believe his skill, knowledge, and experience are second to none. My surgical outcome exceeded expectations and I am grateful every single day that Dr. Schwartz was my surgeon. I believe Dr. Schwartz is the gold standard in neurosurgery.
Have you seen Dr. Theodore Schwartz, MD?
Are you Dr. Schwartz?

Hospitals where Dr. Schwartz has admitting privileges

More Neurosurgery Specialists like Dr. Schwartz at Weill Cornell Medicine Brain and Spine Center

Pediatric Neurosurgery Specialist