Dr. Theodore H. Schwartz, MD

Dr. Theodore H. Schwartz, MD

Neurosurgery | Male | 51 years old

Neurosurgery has always been more of a passion than a profession for me. I view patient care as a privilege that requires complete dedication to patient well-being. I am fully aware that the concept of having to undergo a neurosurgical operation, a "brain surgery," is a daunting and terrifying prospect to a patient. I try to make the whole experience pleasant and positive, and to create a calm and soothing environment for my patients. My whole office staff is centered on the patient experience to provide professional, rapid responses to any questions in a courteous and caring manner. Behind the scenes, I have dedicated my career to pursuing minimally invasive operative techniques to make neurosurgical procedures easier on my patients so they recover more rapidly and can return quickly to their normal lives. Nothing makes my day more than seeing patients a few weeks after surgery and getting a big hug and smile from them and their families for a job well done. I am also privileged to practice at Weill Cornell Medicine and NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital in the Weill Cornell Brain and Spine Center. The staff and affiliated services are the best in New York, and their assistance is invaluable in providing the best and most compassionate care to my patients. Read more

Weill Cornell Brain and Spine Center

2016 Five Star Recipient for Cranial Neurosurgery

View Ratings

Learn about this Doctor

Personal Bio

Dr. Schwartz's Experience

89Experience
Match

See how Dr. Schwartz's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Schwartz

Dr. Schwartz accepts 2 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 1 hospitals where Dr. Schwartz has admitting privileges.

Hospital Quality Awards

Dr. Schwartz's Reviews

Help millions of people find the right doctor. Share your experience today!
Likelihood of recommending Dr. Schwartz to family and friends
Experience with Dr. Schwartz
Dr. Schwartz's Office & Staff
    10 – 15 minutes (26)
in Mahwah, NJ |
On May 10th 2016, following a MRI, my life changed as I learned that I had a Craniopharyngioma. My neurologist immediately placed a call to you. I feel fortunate that I was placed in the hands of not only a skilled and brilliant surgeon, but also a compassionate human being. It is so rare to find all these qualities in one in one individual. Since the surgery on June 8th, I continually find myself feeling so grateful to be under your care. My 3 month post op MRI was "perfect".
in West Orange, NJ |
I had a malignant brain tumor secondary to esophageal and lung cancer which had metastasized to my brain. Dr, Schwartz removed the entire tumor and implanted radioactive seeds. Two years later, while I remain under treatment by an oncologist, my brain tumor has not reoccurred. In life,as in medicine, there are no guarantees. However, in my opinion, Dr. Schwartz's skill set and dedication are second to none.
New York, NY |
The ultimate gentleman, I Had a large pituitary tumor removed five weeks ago by Dr Schwartz, my headaches are gone, blurred vision is gone,I rode my bike 10 miles yesterday, felling great. you are the absolute best, I can't thank You enough.
in Croton on Hudson, NY |
Dr. Theodore Schwartz removed a large benign tumor from my brain in December. Everything from the diagnosis, scheduling of surgery, and surgery itself could not have gone any better. Along with his remarkable staff, they made a trying situation into a secure outcome. My recovery was fast and I was back to work in two weeks! Dr. Schwartz gets a 10 from this grateful patient.
in Fayetteville, NY |
Dr. Schwartz made my very difficult skull base brain surgery seem easy and I believe his skill, knowledge, and experience are second to none. My surgical outcome exceeded expectations and I am grateful every single day that Dr. Schwartz was my surgeon. I believe Dr. Schwartz is the gold standard in neurosurgery.
Have you seen Dr. Theodore H. Schwartz, MD?
Are you Dr. Schwartz?

Compare Dr. Schwartz

More Neurosurgery Specialists like Dr. Schwartz at Weill Cornell Brain and Spine Center

• Neurosurgery

• Allergic Rhinitis
  • Aneurysm
  • Brain Cancer
  • Cerebral Artery Thrombosis
  • Cerebrospinal Fluid Leak (CSF Leak)
  • Chronic Adenoid Infection
  • Sinusitis
  • Soft Tissue Sarcoma of Head, Face, and Neck
  • Subarachnoid Hemorrhage
  • Subdural Hemorrhage
  • Throat Cancer (Oropharyngeal)
  • Thrombosis

Completed in 1999

Yale New Haven Med Center
    Harvard Medical School

Graduated in 1987

Dr. Schwartz has no awards or honors listed.

Dr. Schwartz has no media or publications listed.

• French

Dr. Schwartz does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Schwartz and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

×

Dr. Schwartz's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

• Specializes in Neurosurgery
  • Board certified in Neurosurgery
  • Malpractice claims found
×

Why Does Experience Matter?

Patient Satisfaction Results for Dr. Schwartz

Overall Patient Satisfaction Score

Dr. Schwartz's Office & Staff

Ease of scheduling urgent appointments
Office environment, cleanliness, comfort, etc.
Staff friendliness and courteousness
Total wait time (waiting & exam rooms)
10 – 15 minutes

Experience with Dr. Schwartz

Level of trust in provider's decisions
How well provider explains medical condition(s)
How well provider listens and answers questions
Spends appropriate amount of time with patients

Dr. Schwartz says...

Behind the scenes, I have dedicated my career to pursuing minimally invasive operative techniques to make neurosurgical procedures easier on my patients so they recover more rapidly and can return quickly to their normal lives. Nothing makes my day more than seeing patients a few weeks after surgery and getting a big hug and smile from them and their families for a job well done. I am also privileged to practice at Weill Cornell Medicine and NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital in the Weill Cornell Brain and Spine Center. The staff and affiliated services are the best in New York, and their assistance is invaluable in providing the best and most compassionate care to my patients.