Dr. Theodore Mason, MD

Dr. Mason
Telehealth services available

Ear, Nose & Throat Surgeons of Western New England, LLC

100 Wason Ave Ste 100 Springfield, MA 01107

Dr. Theodore Mason, MD is a Neurotology Specialist in Springfield, MA. Dr. Mason has more experience with Otologic Care than other specialists in his area. He is affiliated with medical facilities such as Baystate Mary Lane Hospital and Baystate Medical Center. He is accepting new patients and has indicated that he accepts telehealth appointments. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Mason to book an appointment.

Compare Providers

Quickly compare more Neurotology Specialists in your area

See similar Neurotology Specialists in Springfield

• Explains Conditions Well
    Patients said this doctor explains conditions well. See reviews
  • Practices at Top Hospital
    Patient Safety Excellence Award™ See hospitals
  • Trustworthy
    Patients said this doctor is trustworthy. See reviews

Dr. Mason accepts

Dr. Mason accepts the following insurance:

National (BlueCard) PPO
Medicaid
Tufts Health Plan
Tufts PPO
WellPoint

No malpractice claims found for Massachusetts

Otologic Care

Otolgic care is s subspecialty of otolaryngology (ear, nose and throat) that focuses on symptoms and conditions of the ear, including hearing loss, tinnitus, dizziness and infections.Compare with other Otologic Care specialists.

Typically treats 61% more than similar doctors

• Otitis Media
  • Otosclerosis
  • Outer Ear Infection
  • Perforated Eardrum
  • Perforated Eardrum Repair (Tympanoplasty)
  • Sinus Surgery
  • Vertigo

Dr. Mason's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Mason

Dr. Mason?
Dr. Mason recently treated my sudden viral, neuo-sensory hearing loss. I was appreciative of his willingness to answer all my questions, a complete explanation of my situation, and clear plan of treatment. His office staff was pleasant, and the additional services (hearing evaluation) were all top quality. He makes you feel like a valued client. I highly recommend his team for any hearing concerns.
Linda 2020 – Feb 22, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Theodore Mason, MD?
I was diagnosed with Meniere's Disease five years ago, but sedative treatments made the vertigo, nausea, and hearing loss worse. Dr. Mason carefully reviewed my history, then changed the diagnosis to include vestibular migraine. His prescribed treatment worked within a week, and I have been symptom-free for over six months. I am impressed by his manner and clear explanations. I am so relieved to have my hearing, energy, and well-being restored, using his simple, non-invasive plan.
Worthington, MA – Feb 02, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Theodore Mason, MD?
Dr. Mason was very friendly, easy to speak with & ask questions. During my procedure he explained each step. Felt very comfortable with him. Made the procedure easy to get through.
Marlee Rugani in Hampden, MA – Nov 28, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Theodore Mason, MD?
Like most patients facing ear surgery that I hadn't planned on, I was very apprehensive. After meeting with Doctor Mason and his team, I was convinced that I was in very capable hands and had made the right decision to have the surgery. He answered all my questions in a professional yet caring manner. He and his team put me at ease prior to the surgery, the day of the surgery, and continue to treat me with kindness and care as I heal. The surgery was a success.
Margaret J. Lavin – Jun 29, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Theodore Mason, MD?
The clear expertise of Dr Mason and his team proved very helpful in making me comfortable with decision to have the procedure. I was very apprehensive at first but they answered all my questions with a thoroughness that indicated years of well-informed experience. Additionally, their medical excellence was paralleled by a sensitive and supportive bedside manner. The outcome was successful and life altering.
Peter Zielinski – May 23, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Theodore Mason, MD?
Because a lot of negative things were written on the internet on cochlears I was apprehensive about the whole process. Dr Mason during our first meeting sat and not only explained everything but ensured that all of my questions were answered to my satisfaction and understanding. On the day of surgery he again allayed any fears that I had. He also kept things light and enjoyable. He is a fantastic surgeon and Dr. He makes his patients feel special and a friend.
Deborah Haskett in Chicopee , MA – Apr 06, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Theodore Mason, MD?
Dr. Mason is a skilled surgeon who also has an excellent bedside manner. He explained the sources of my hearing deficit and all of my options for treatment. He took the time to clarify why an earlier procedure I had, (with a different doctor), caused so much discomfort and why the procedure he recommended would likely have a different result. He calmed my anxieties about the procedure and the possible results and helped me make a decision that felt right for me. Best recommendation--I can hear!
May 05, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Theodore Mason, MD?
I sat here for twenty minutes trying to think how I feel about Dr. Mason in 500 words or less. Can't be done. FANTASTIC, WONDERFULL, BRILIANT, GREAT etc... The surgery went great. I came out of anesthesia hearing things I haven't heard in over 50 years. He made me feel very comfortable and explained everything in detail. I have already recommended him to several people and will continue to do so.
Lloyd in Feeding Hills – Nov 18, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Theodore Mason, MD?
Dr Mason is very nice. He takes time with you and explains everything. My daughter recently had surgery and was taken care of in the Hospital by Dr.Mason and his team . They were all attentive and very caring. Also my Mother goes to DR MAson and he is very nice to her. I can't say enough about how great of Doctor he is. In my experience he is one of the nicest Doctors I have ever seen. My daughter had surgery and had the best outcome as a result of his care.
Maureen Ribeiro in Holyoke, MA – Nov 18, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Theodore Mason, MD?
My experience with Dr. Mason was excellent. Not only did he help me get my hearing back after a traumatic accident but the service he provided was great. He cares and remembers everything I was going through. Some doctors can get lost in all the patients they have but not Dr. Mason. He listens to what you have to say and addresses your needs with ease and care. I felt like I could completely trust every decision about the care I needed that he gave me.
Susie in Chicopee, MA – Nov 18, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Theodore Mason, MD?
I know he has a lot of experience in doing the implant surgery but his "expertise" goes well beyond the surgery. The meetings before, during and after surgery were very informative. I feel like I had everything I needed to make and informed decision with no pressure. What a change in my life. Thanks Doc!!
vince in West Springfield, MA – Nov 11, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Theodore Mason, MD?
After four visits to three different physicians I was lucky enough to see Dr.Mason and now I know why he comes highly recommended.. He is the best!!!! He saw the problem and fixed it, giving me physical, mental and emotional relief...He will be the only one I see from now on and will recommend him 110 percent to family and friends...Thank God!!! and God Bless him..The Best! Aggie Fazio????".
Agnese Fazio in Somers, Ct – Oct 12, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Theodore Mason, MD?
I can't say enough how happy I am with dr Mason. when I was a child my right ear was completely destroyed by cholesteatoma, was a dozen surgeries (not Mason) and 30 years of relying on my left ear. About a year ago I suddenly lost most of my hearing in my left ear, my previous dr had retired. Dr mason was recommended to me as the best for someone with my history and problems. He quickly scheduled a surgery and fixed my left ear. Other ENT's know he's the best, that's why they sent me to him.
Wes E. in Chicopee, MA – Jun 22, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Theodore Mason, MD?
Good clear communications. Friendly yet professional. Prefers a 'know thyself' approach to vestibular migraine, rather than pills. Open to questions, took time to answer them to my satisfaction. As always with physicians, the better prepared you are with your situation the better your experience with a good knowledgeable doc.
Cass in massachusetts – Jan 22, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Theodore Mason, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Mason?

As a board-certified otolaryngologist and fellowship trained Neurotologist, I provide state-of-the-art skills and services for the care of ear related disorders that are typically found only in the Boston area. I combine these skills with unparallele...Read more

• Neurotology
  • Ear, Nose, and Throat
  • Otolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery
  • Pediatric Otolaryngology (Ear, Nose & Throat)

2002