Ophthalmology  |
Dr. Theodore Margo, MD
Dr. Margo literally has eye surgery in his blood. The eldest child of an ophthalmologist, Dr. Margo grew up in Weslaco, Texas, a small town in the Rio Grande Valley. Encouraged by his father, his introduction to ophthalmology began in high school when he worked summers in his father's practice. Today, Dr. Margo is an experienced, accomplished cataract surgeon who specializes in No Stitch cataract surgery and advanced lens implants. Having performed thousands of successful cases in his 20 years of practice, Dr. Margo is sometimes known to sing country music to his patients during cataract surgery. We'll leave it up to you to decide if he can carry a tune or not. Outside the office, Dr. Margo enjoys hunting, photography, and saltwater fly fishing having competed successfully in several fishing tournaments. He is married and has two teenagers.

1201 Summit Ave

Fort Worth, TX 76102

Dr. Theodore Margo, MD

• Government Employees Health Association (GEHA)
  • PHCS
  • Scott & White Health Plan
  • Vision Service Plan (VSP)

Learn about Dr. Margo

At Ophthalmology Associates, we offer a wide range of eye care services, allowing our practice to cater to the needs of all our patients. Our experienced and compassionate doctors have the skills to help you with all your eye related problems. We specialize in many types of treatments and surgeries, especially cataract, retina, glaucoma, and LASIK surgery.

Dr. Margo's Experience

Dr. Margo's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Ophthalmology

• Baylor University Med Ctr
    Internship Hospital | Completed 1990
  • Tulane Univ Sch Med
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1993

Dr. Margo has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Margo does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Margo and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Margo's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Margo to family and friends
3.7
Dr. Margo's Performance
in Keller, TX |
Dr. Margo is an excellet Ophthalmologist! I have been going to him for 16 years when I had to have my second cataract removed. The first cataract surgery (done 5 years earlier by another Ophthalmologist) had not gone well and I had complications. I had absolutely no complications with the second surgery! Dr. Margo has treated me for several problems I have had with my eyes through the years, as well as my annual eye exam. I have always found him to be extremely competent, thorough and caring.
Ft Worth, TX |
Dr. Margo did a great job! The process of having my cataracts taken out was flawless. Dr. Margo's team was great, too! They never left my side during the whole process and made sure I was always comfortable. He is very kind and polite and made me feel very comfortable through the process.
in Keller, TX |
Dr. Margo has cared for all of my local family's eyes over 20 years. We would not trust or eyes to anyone else, he is just the BEST there is!
in Keller, TX |
I just love De Margo! His professionalism teamed with his sense of humor is unbeatable. He is determined to give his patients the best eye care there is. His staff is great too! I would highly recommend Dr Margo to anyone looking for an ophthalmologist.
Great doctor and surgeon. Honest, caring people. Everyone I know thinks very highly of him.
Both of my cataracts were fixed by Dr Margo. Had a great result, 20/20 vision in both eyes. Kind, caring people. Surgery was easy and fast. Very happy. Highly recommend him.
in Ft Worth, TX |
Dr Margo performed cataract surgery on both my mother and my father with excellent results. In fact, my father has had other eye doctors compliment his "perfect" cataract surgery.
in Springtown texas |
Dr, Ted margo removed cataract and put lens in both eyes, I never needed glasses, never wore glasses, now my eyes are blurry, I can't read street signs, t,v, is dark and fuzzy, can't read words on t,v,, can't tell time on my clock at night, I want to go to another dr, to see if someone can fix my eyes, but Dr, margo won't give me a clearance to see another. Dr, and another dr, can't see me till I wait 3 months,he ruined my eyes, Glenda collins
Thank you for your thoughtful feedback. We always strive to meet all our patient's expectations and are concerned when someone is disappointed. Sometimes patients are unhappy because they require glasses to see after cataract surgery even when their surgery is technically perfect. Although we strive to minimize the need for glasses, factors like preexisting astigmatism make them unavoidable. I also encourage patients to seek a second opinion when desired and no "clearance" is ever required.
Seattle, WA |
Dr. Margo performed my cataract surgery 2 years ago. He is always professional and compassionate.
in Fort Worth, TX |
Dr. Margo performed my cataract surgery on both of my eyes. Everyone involved was excellent, and very kind. They gave me complete confidence . Everything went perfectly and the same afternoon I was at the spa getting a pedicure. I recommend Dr. Margo to all my friends and my family.
Have you seen Dr. Theodore Margo, MD?

Visit Dr. Margo

Dr. Margo accepts 12 insurance carriers
  • Government Employees Health Association (GEHA)
    GEHA
  • PHCS
  • Scott & White Health Plan
  • Vision Service Plan (VSP)

Hospitals where Dr. Margo has admitting privileges