Dr. Theodore Kim, MD

55 reviews

• AvMed
  • CareFirst Blue Cross Blue Shield
  • Coventry Health Care of Virginia

Dr. Theodore T. Kim opened Allergy Partners of Northern Virginia with the vision of creating a unique, patient-centered allergy practice that would focus on giving patients the "best doctor's visit ever." In fact, this statement is a key part of our practice culture, and Dr. Kim and his staff are committed to making every aspect of a patient's experience, from the initial appointment to the late night emergency calls, an exemplary one.Read more

Personal Bio

Dr. Kim's Experience

See how Dr. Kim's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Kim

Dr. Kim accepts 13 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 3 hospitals where Dr. Kim has admitting privileges.

Dr. Kim's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Kim to family and friends
Dr. Kim's Performance
Fairfax, VA |
I would highly recommend Dr. Kim to my family and friends. He is caring and concerned about my care. He explains everything in detail and provides the best options for care. His staff is top notch as well.
Dr. Kim is a caring doctor who spends a lot of time listening to patients - a rare thing! I always feel like my concerns are important to him. He works hard to help me with serious asthma and allergy issues, and I have complete faith in him. His staff is also very attentive and kind. The entire office runs like a well-oiled machine with heavy doses of caring and thoroughness, interspersed with a little humor to brighten your day. I highly recommend Dr. Kim and his staff.
in Chantilly, VA |
Allergy Partners is the absolute best. When I first came to see Dr. Kim, I literally just started crying when he entered the room. My allergies had gotten so bad, it was killing me. It was completely interfering with my life. Two years later, I feel great. I now just get my allergy shots once a month and I almost never have any symptoms! The people at Allergy Partners are awesome. They always try to make my shot visits easy and quick. I can't recommend AP highly enough!
in Aldie, VA |
We have been seeing Dr. Kim for many years and have referred many friends to him. He has been wonderful in treating our son for seasonal allergies and our daughter, for food allergies. In addition to him, we love the amazing staff who work with him. We are always so thankful for his patient and comforting nurses who administer our son's allergy shots. Getting shots is never fun, but they make it as easy as possible for him. I would not hesitate to recommend Dr. Kim.
in Fairfax, VA |
My son's pediatrician referred us to Dr. Kim four years ago. Now my husband and I also see Dr. Kim. He's a great doctor! He takes the time to make sure his patients understand their allergies and treatment. He's a good listener, professional, very knowledgeable, and even has a sense of humor!
in Fairfax, VA |
I was referred by my primary care physician for help with snoring. Dr. Kim and his whole staff are great! My snoring is better and I discovered that my allergy to cats is not just in my head. I am now being treated and looking forward to sleeping better. I still hate cats though.
in Fairfax, VA |
Dr. Kim is extremely personable and will go the extra "mile" for his patients. I had an allergic reaction one time in a movie theater and went to the closest urgent care. On my way, I called Dr. Kim's office and asked whether or not I should go. He asked me to have the doctor at urgent care to call him, which of course, was after his normal business day. Dr. Kim spoke with the urgent care doctor to make sure I was getting the proper treatment for the reaction. He also called me later at home.
in Fairfax, VA |
Dr. Kim has diagnosed my son's multiple food allergies and environmental allergies. He makes it easy to understand and works with us to try to find a way to manage his eczema as well. He responds quickly to any questions or concerns we have had over the years. His office staff is friendly and goes above and beyond to help kids through the process.
in Ashburn, VA |
I was a long time seasonal allergy suferer and always dreaded the allergy season, until I saw Dr. Kim. This is the best treatment i had so far and allergy season is no longer an issue for me.
Aldie, VA |
Dr Kim has helped me to successfully manage my allergies. The staff is professional, knowledgeable, and friendly.
in Fairfax, VA |
He takes the time to get to know each patient. Even though he is the only doctor and it is an obviously busy practice, it still feels personal. The office staff and nurses are wonderful! So sweet, attentive, and caring. Not just about why you are there but you as a person.
in Falls Church, VA |
On time and takes time to listen to patients concerns and the whole picture of one's health. He loves what he does as does his staff. Helps people get the proper medications Some allergic conditions can be difficult to treat, and he is diligent.
in Oakton, VA |
This is a great practice with good staff. Dr. Kim is great about giving a lot of information and answering all kinds of questions.
in Sterling, VA |
Dr. Kim helped me with issues I've been experiencing for years. He listens and really cares. The staff are fantastic and get to know the patients. If you are looking for an allergist look no further than Dr. Kim and his team!
in Chantilly, VA |
The staff is friendly and personable. Plus the allergy shots are working.
in Annandale, VA |
I would recommend Dr. Kim's office without reservation. I have always been taken care of quickly and their office is always staffed with friendly faces.
in Middleburg, VA |
Dr. Kim has been very thorough in his explanation of my diagnosis and treatment. He has a great bedside manor and is able to quickly walk you through the treatment options. The staff is always pleasant and friendly. Scheduling appointments is never complicated and wait times are short for shots.
in Centreville, VA |
I have been coming to Allergy Partner's of Northern VA for 3 years. The care, and staff are wonderful. Before coming, and starting allergy shots, I was getting acute bronchitis 3-4 times a year. I have rarely gotten sick since. Dr. Kim really knows his stuff!
in Manassas, Va |
Dr. Kim and his staff are great! Always greeting you as you walk in and very prompt and efficient with appointments and shots. I would recommend Dr. Kim to anyone struggling with their allergies.
in Chantilly, VA |
Dr. Kim was very kind and trustworthy. His explanations were clear and concise.
Chantilly, VA |
Dr. Kim is very patient with my son and always makes sure all my questions are answered before we leave.
in Sterling, VA |
When I moved into the area he was highly recommended. I have been very pleased with Dr. Kim and his staff.
in Manassas, Va |
Excellent. Does not rush your appointment. Also if you call with a question Dr. Kim is the one returning your call if front desk cannot answer.
in Chantilly, VA |
Dr. Kim is easy to talk with and listens to your concerns flowing up with a plan that can be implemented immediately. I highly recommend him and his amazing staff to anyone looking for an Allergist.
in Chantilly, VA |
Dr. Kim is great doctor. He listens to your problem and helps comes up with a solution. I have a dog and have allergies to a dog, but getting rid of the dog was not a option, so Dr Kim worked with me and help managed my allergies
in Chantilly, VA |
Dr. Kim is the best allergist we've ever had. My son had a horrible experience at another practice before coming to him. Since being in his care, his life has changed for the better. No more nosebleeds, uncontrollable coughing, and crying. He takes the time to answer all your questions and is very knowledgeable. The nurses are fantastic and the receptionists are very friendly. You truly feel cared for at Dr. Kim's. Everyone is professional and treats you well.
Chantilly, VA |
I've been coming to this practice for years. The staff treats me like I'm family and really cares about my health. I highly recommend putting your care in their hands.
Chantilly, VA |
Dr. Kim and his staff are wonderful. We have been receiving treatment there for 3 years now and have never been disappointed. Staff is kind and caring understanding. Hours ar convenient and location is central.
in Springfield, VA |
As a patient of Dr Kim's for several years, I can say definitively that Dr Kim and his entire staff are exceptional. Dr Kim is very caring and thorough, working to ensure his patients are getting the absolute best treatment for their allergy and asthma ailments as possible. The office staff are all incredibly friendly, helpful, and thorough, and the office itself is very warm and welcoming, complete with free wifi and TV tuned to either the Food Network or Home and Garden channel.
in Vienna, VA |
Dr. Kim has worked wonders in managing our son's multiple food allergies, environmental allergies, eczema and asthma. He is extremely thorough and truly makes you feel like he wants you to feel better, not that you are just another patient in the office pipeline. As a parent, I appreciate how he includes my son in his healthcare decision-making. The clinical staff and the front office folks are friendly, helpful, and so helpful, too! In short: Dr. Kim's practice is incredible.
Chantilly, VA |
I've been under under Dr. Kim treatment for my allergy for a few years now. Everything is going well so far.
in Chantilly, VA |
Dr. Kim is great! My initial exam was a very thorough and the range of allergens tested was quite impressive (took up my entire back!). Rather than going straight into recommending allergy shots, he prescribed medication and discussed alternative methods to dealing with my allergies which I appreciated - allergy shots take a lot of commitment. I ended up taking the shots because I was allergic to about everything and his office couldn't be more accommodating - open wait times, amazing staff!
in Manassas,va |
Dr. Kim helps me in many kinds of ways.He makes a few chuckles with the kids and are a all around great guy. from 9yr old patient Dr. Kim gives his full attention to his patients - explains what he is doing, why and how the patient is effected by their allergies. Dr. Kim and all his staff are friendly, helpful and attentive. They are dedicated to the health and wellness of all their patients. I would recommend Dr. Kim to anyone looking for an allergist.
in Chantilly, VA |
Dr Kim is fantastic. He has an excellent bedside manner. My son has been going to his office for the last year and I recommend anyone I know to go to his office. Dr Kim is great with kids and thorough. He takes the time to explain everything to you and does not seem like he is just out to make a buck off of you. The office staff is excellent too. 20 mins notice and you're in...fantastic! Honestly I can't say enough good things about the nurses, doctors and staff in this office.
in Chantilly, VA |
Dr. Kim is excellent. Very thorough, friendly and has really helped my son with allergies and Asthma. His staff is also excellent. Very helpful and friendly. Highly recommend this office.
in Chantilly, VA |
I never had any issues with him and my treatment has made my allergy and asthma symptoms pretty much go away.
in Chantilly, VA |
I came to Dr. Kim because of allergies. He was kind and caring and very thorough. He also listened to my concerns. The staff is very kind and helpful. I completed my allergy shots and now go in monthly for maintenance.
in Middleburg, Va |
Very friendly and knowledgeable about my specific case.
Have you seen Dr. Theodore Kim, MD?
Are you Dr. Kim?

Dr. Kim says...

Dr. Kim obtained his undergraduate degree and medical degree from The George Washington University, where he is an Assistant Clinical Professor. He trained at Walter Reed Army Medical Center for residency and Allergy-Immunology fellowship. Dr. Kim is board-certified in Allergy-Immunology and has been recognized as a Fellow of the ACAAI, AAAACI, and the ACP.

Prior to private practice, Dr. Kim served as a U.S. Army medical officer in various leadership positions at major medical centers and won numerous medals for his outstanding service.  After proudly serving as a U.S. Army Lt. Colonel and physician, Dr. Kim decided to settle down with his wife and two boys in Northern Virginia.  He joined Allergy Partners with the vision of opening up a new practice dedicated to providing superior patient care in a modern, caring environment.

Dr. Kim's Care Philosophy

Dr. Kim says...

At Allergy Partners of Northern Virginia, Dr. Kim sees both children and adults for the following conditions: allergic rhinitis (hay fever), asthma, food allergies, drug allergies, stinging insect allergies, urticaria, and eczema. urticaria, and eczema. We also provide the most advanced therapies and tests available including: allergen immunotherapy (including sublingual immunotherapy), Xolair injections, food component testing, NIOX asthma test, and food and drug challenges. We accept most insurances and always welcome new patients!

Dr. Kim's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Allergy & Immunology
  •  Board certified in Allergy & Immunology and Internal Medicine

Dr. Kim has no media or publications listed.

No malpractice history found for Virginia.

Why It Matters: Dr. Kim's Board Certifications

• Angioedema
  • Asthma
  • Asthma in Adults
  • Asthma in Children
  • Atopic Dermatitis (Eczema)
  • Chronic Sinusitis

Completed in 2003

The George Washington Univ

Graduated in 1990

• Korean

Dr. Kim does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Kim and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Allergy & Immunology