Dr. Theodore Firestone, MD

Reconstructive Orthopedic SurgeryMaleAge 62

Dr. Firestone

Arizona Institute for Sports Knees and Shoulders LLC

20401 N 73rd St Ste 160 Scottsdale, AZ 85255

Dr. Theodore Firestone, MD is a Reconstructive Orthopedic Surgery Specialist in Scottsdale, AZ. He is affiliated with HonorHealth Scottsdale Thompson Peak Medical Center. He is accepting new patients. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Firestone to book an appointment.

Healthgrades Provider Compare™

Quickly compare more Reconstructive Orthopedic Surgery Specialists in your area

Hospital Highlight

Dr. Firestone is affiliated with HonorHealth Scottsdale Thompson Peak Medical Center Scottsdale, a highly rated and top awarded hospital for orthopedic surgery.

• Explains Conditions Well
    Patients said this doctor explains conditions well. See reviews
  • Practices at Top Hospital
    America’s 100 Best Hospitals for Joint Replacement Award™ See hospitals
  • Hospital Satisfaction

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice claims information for Arizona

Check Dr. Firestone's experience treating your condition or procedure

• Knee Injuries
  • Knee Replacement
  • Knee Replacement Revision
  • Knee Surgery
  • Leg Fracture Above Knee (incl. Hip)
  • Leg Fracture Below Knee (incl. Ankle)
  • Lupus
  • Total Hip Replacement
  • Unicompartmental Hip Surgery
  • Viscosupplementation With Hyaluronate

Dr. Firestone accepts

Dr. Firestone accepts the following insurance:

Dr. Firestone's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Firestone

Dr. Firestone
He performed a hip replacement that other surgeons were afraid to attempt.
Melissa Smith – Jun 05, 2021
If you want the Best of the Best Dr. Firestone is it! He replaced bilateral knees and hips for my mom 7-8 years ago and it completely changed her quality of life for the better. She no longer has daily pain due to her osteoarthritis. He gives the utmost care and his team delivers the same. Eva thanks you Dr. Firestone and thank you for giving her back the life she knew before pain.
Eva R – Mar 08, 2021
Dr Firestone is excellent, probably the best in the valley. But it makes me sad that once you turn 65 he won't keep you as his patient. He will tell you right up front that he doesn't want to do surgery for a limited Medicare amount when he can charge a full amount to private insurance. I find that very sad.
MJ Harbour – Sep 03, 2020
This is my second hip replacement by Dr. Firestone. I chose Dr. Firestone for the first one because I was an emergency and our Canadian single-payer health care system could not accommodate me. Dr. Firestone's personalized attention and the amazing successful outcome caused me to return again to Dr. Firestone at my own expense. My second one was complicated by the need to remove fracture repair hardware first. I knew how skilled and caring Dr. Firestone is and did not wish to trust any other surgeon with this complicated replacement. I consider Dr. Firestone to be highly professional, exceptionally personable and a very fine gentleman.
Gordon Miller – Mar 20, 2020
Among the best and maybe the best there is, both knees done, minimum pain 3-4 level, fast recovery. Great team hand chosen by him. Great hospital. NO REGRETS. When ok is not ok. 1,500 miles for the privilege of his surgery. Latest tecnology, Pain management and great recovery.
walter owen – Jan 25, 2020
Absolutely amazing!
Fannie Linaberger – Dec 11, 2019
I had a unsuccessful left knee replacement done by another doctor. 3 years later I needed my right knee replaced and was referred to Dr. Firestone by a number of people, because they said he is “THE BEST”. My surgery and post recovery has been astonishing. I wouldn’t hesitate to recommend Dr. Firestone because “ HE IS THE BEST”????
Eileen Miller in Scottsdale, AZ – Sep 08, 2019
I am a physician in Arizona. In my opinion, Dr. Firestone stands above all of his peers as the most skilled, gifted, and accomplished orthopedic surgeon in Arizona and probably the entire United States. My wife had a knee replacement with another surgeon and her post-operative experience was not good. She suffered for two years until she met Dr. Firestone. Dr. Firestone performed a very complex repeat total knee replacement and my wife's recovery and knee was like brand new. I hold Dr. Firestone in the highest regard, and for those patients who need knee or hip replacement, I do not believe a patient should seek care from anyone other than Dr. Firestone. Dr. Firestone has assembled an incredibly caring and knowledgeable team around him. I have the greatest respect and appreciation for his diagnostic and surgical skills. I recommend him to all of my family members and patients. Arizona is fortunate to have Dr. Firestone. Andrew Rabinowitz
Andrew Rabinowitz MD – Jul 02, 2019
May 19, 2019 Dr. Firestone replaced both my knees 15 months ago, and last week, I completed a three-day hike to the bottom of the Grand Canyon (and back up again)! I had exactly zero pain for the entire hike. Before I met Dr. Firestone, two other orthopedic surgeons had told me that I needed to live in a house on one level (because I wouldn’t ever be able to go up and down stairs regularly) and that knee surgery would probably reduce the extreme pain I had, but would not restore functionality. They told me that I would never hike again, and that I should delay having surgery until I had accepted this fact. They also said things like, “No one ever died of knee pain,” and “This is purely elective surgery.” After Dr. Firestone operated, he noted that if I had not had the surgery when I did, I would probably have ended up permanently consigned to a wheelchair within two years, due to the deteriorated state of my knees. Dr. Firestone gave me my life back.
May 20, 2019
Extremely satisfied with the bilateral Knee replacement done February 2019 Great surgeon , anesthetist, and support staff. Recovery was just as planned
Apr 12, 2019
I have had three major surgeries in the past two years. I can safely say that my hip surgery by Dr. Firestone was the most successful on all accounts. His surgical skills permitted a virtually pain free recovery and mobility without a walker or cane four days after surgery. Additionally, his pre-op procedures are closely managed by an excellent office staff, and followed by a nursing staff and PT group at Honor Healthcare trained by him to assure a seamless patient experience. A 5 star performer
Apr 05, 2019
Dr Firestone is an exceptional orthopedic surgeon. The confidence I had in him and his staff was a big part of such a rapid recovery. At 75, I was walking without assistance and very little discomfort, after 2 1/2 weeks. 2 Drs. and their family members who live in my community had hip and knee surgeries by Dr Firestone, told me "this is the Dr. you must see"
Mar 31, 2019
Never any problems. Pain free for 12 years. Total active after recovery in rehab. Recommend highly for surgery. He is total experienced.
Mar 25, 2019
This is the one you want.
Mar 09, 2019
Having anterior approach hip replacement at age 62, after 30 years of pain...has been life changing. The surgery went well and my recovery was very quick. I was pain free immediately following surgery, and also my knee pain completely disappeared. I was back riding horses and a complete exercise program by 3 months and have never looked back. I highly recommend Dr Firestone and his team.
Pauli in Eckville, Canada, Canad – Dec 12, 2018
I had a very bad hip issue - other surgeons were hesitant to assist. Dr Firestone did a great job - the first time I have been able to walk normally in 5 years!
Greg O in Scottsdale , AZ – Aug 03, 2018
can only rate at 5 star-if 5 star is best possible Dr. Firestone is an easy 10. I was crippled by 2 very unsuccessful hip surgeries. I was faced with a future of being permanently crippled. No other dr. would take on a case as difficult-Dr. Firestone did. The outcome was nothing short of miraculous-he fixed me. I strongly urge anyone with joint issues to see him first and avoid all possible problems. If you find yourself in a difficult position as I did -do not waste time with any other dr.
larry fosholt in peoria, AZ – Jun 13, 2018
Outstanding, eternally grateful for the freedom to walk, that Dr. Firestone gave me.
Ross in Whislter – Mar 13, 2018
Dr. Firestone replaced my left hip in 2014 and now 11-30-17 my right hip. I went back to him because of the great results with my left hip. He constantly improves his procedures and this time after 10 days I am walking with a cane already. I am a 75 year old lady and not athletic. I think he is a great surgeon and has an excellent staff assisting him. You know, when even the nurses in the hospital say he is the best, that gives you a lot of confidence.. Very satisfied patient.
Ann in Surprise,AZ – Dec 18, 2017
Even in the face of blocked carotid arteries and risks of lower blood pressure by anaesthetics, Dr Firestone and his team developed a risk managed method to replace my wife's hip. They were simply outstanding. She is only 5 weeks out and is walking normally without assistance. She has a life back and the depression of pain is gone. We are so appreciative of all that Dr Firestone has done for us.
Graham Lock in Canmore, AB – Dec 16, 2017

How was your experience with Dr. Firestone?

Since establishing the Center in September of 2006, my goal has been to provide patients with first-rate state-of-the-art hip and knee replacement surgical...Read more

• Reconstructive Orthopedic Surgery