Dr. Theodore Firestone, MD

Dr. Theodore Firestone, MD

Joint Replacement & Reconstruction Orthopedics  |
Dr. Theodore Firestone, MD is a joint replacement & reconstruction orthopedics doctor who practices in Scottsdale, AZ. He is 58 years old and has been practicing for 33 years.

20401 N 73rd St Ste 160

Scottsdale, AZ 85255

Learn about Dr. Firestone

See how frequently Dr. Firestone performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Hip Replacement
Hip Resurfacing
Osteoarthritis

Dr. Firestone's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

This content was provided by Dr. Firestone "Since establishing the Center in September of 2006, my goal has been to provide patients with first-rate state-of-the-art hip and knee replacement surgical care in a setting that's second to none. My office staff constantly gets rave reviews from patients for their availability, efficiency and friendliness. In an impersonal medical world of automated phones, paperwork and loss of identity we try to be an exception. I encourage you to visit my website at FirestoneMD.com"

• Joint Replacement & Reconstruction Orthopedics

• Brachial Plexus Palsy
  • Bunion
  • Coccygeal Pain
  • Complications of Joint Prosthesis
  • Enthesopathy of Knee (incl. Bursitis of Knee)
  • Femur Fracture
  • Internal Derangement of Knee
  • Knee Fracture
  • Knee Injuries
  • Knee Sprain
  • Leg Fracture Above Knee (incl. Hip)
  • Leg Fracture Below Knee (incl. Ankle)
  • Limb Cramp
  • Lupus
  • Neck Muscle Strain
  • Nerve Root Injury and Plexus Disorders (incl. Pinched Nerve)
  • Non-Traumatic Rupture of Achilles Tendon

• Neuroplasty
  • Peripheral Nerve Block
  • Spinal Nerve Block
  • Synovial Biopsy

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Arizona.

• Johns Hopkins University / School Of Medicine

Dr. Firestone's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Firestone to family and friends
Dr. Firestone's Performance
in Rio Verde. Az.Scottsdale, AZ |
I have just completed my 4th joint replacement with Dr .Firestone and his team--OUTSTANDING! Dr. Firestone has well-deserved recognition for his hip and knee replacement skills. His staff, particularly Jeannette and Amber, are professional, knowledgeable, responsive and most helpful. As a 76-year old active and avid golfer, I truly appreciate the quality of life that this team has provided. I would highly recommend them to anyone needing hip or knee replacement. Chuck Otto Tonto Verde
Spruce Grove, AB |
My knee replacement went so well! I'm back riding horses and playing hockey at 8 weeks. The limping is gone and I'm getting stronger every week. This has been life changing surgery with awesome service!!!
Dr. Firestone has extensive experience performing Anterior Hip Replacements which was important in my physician research. I had both hips replaced by Dr. Firestone during 2018 and have been very pleased with both results! His entire team - office, X-ray, surgical & hospital care - were tremendous. They were very knowledgeable, caring, responsive and offered proactive communication throughout the entire care process I would highly recommend Dr. Firestone to anyone requiring a hip replacement
in Scottsdale, AZ |
October 6, 2016 Dr. Firestone performed a total knee replacement on my right knee, after my going to see him over a year earlier and his explaining that my knee was not ready for a replacement. I was quite terrified prior to the surgery; I would like to reassure anyone also terrified that it is not that bad at all! On May 10 of 2017, he performed the same surgery on my right knee. Dr. Firestone is a caring physician proud of his good work and he should be! Thank you, Dr. Firestone.
in Scottsdale, AZ |
After having a full knee on July 6th, Dr Firestone and his team are simply the best, Every element of the process is treated with the same level of proficiency and thoroughness, leaving nothing to chance. As a result of his advanced techniques my recovery time was shortened and the result is that my new knee is exceeding all expectations. In less then 60 days from the date of my surgery I not only was playing golf but shot 72 on my new equipment!.
in pagosa springs, co |
I have and will continue to refer friends and family members to Dr. Firestone. Prior to my knee replacement surgery in 2012, I was experiencing incredible pain. Because of heart issues, I had to postpone my surgery 3 times. By the time it was finally done in 2012 it was affecting most aspects of my life. I was getting very little, if any sleep because of the pain. Since my surgery I have felt amazing. It is by far the best thing I have ever done health wise. Amazing professionals!!
Flagstaff, AZ |
After a failed knee replacement, I was told to see a specialist. That led me to you & immediately you saw the problem. You said, "you've been through a lot & I can help." You explained the revision process & proceeded to give that help you promised. My case was very complex & you took the extra time in surgery to assure the best results possible. You, your staff & hospital were exemplary. I wish to thank you for improving my quality of life. Respectfully, John DeAngio
in Phoenix, AZ |
Once again Dr. Firestone hits a homerun ! In November of '17, 8 months after a TKR on the left side, Dr. Firestone performed a TKR on the right side. Same results as the first. I went to PT for approximately 9 weeks and when released had a bend of 130 degrees on the right. After 9 weeks on the left, earlier in the year, we had a bend of 131 degrees. I was back to work in about 10 days after both surgeries. He definitely knows his stuff. Once again, Thanks for taking care of me .
in Page, AZ |
It was my lucky day to be referred to Dr. Firestone. I had a hip replacement in January and golfed in February. I was on my feet in no time and pain was minimal. I would of had this surgery a year ago if I had only known the phone number for Dr. Firestone!
in Scottsdale, AZ |
This is now three years post knee replacement by Dr Firestone After suffering severe pain in my right knee and having him deny the pain was from my right knee,it was from my left hip and knee. I went back to physical therapy. No relief was gain so I consulted an out of state surgeon. He immediately saw from my previous X-rays , at Dr. Firestone', that the one year x-ray noted loosening of the implant. I had a revision surgery in Dec. I could have been spared many months of severe pain .
in fountain hills, az |
Because of Dr. Firestone I have my life back. He did a left hip replacement on September 15th, 2016 and I am completely satisfied and out of pain. I'm back to cycling and all of my daily activities in just six weeks. Dr. Firestone is the only doctor that I would recommend for joint replacement. I couldn't be more grateful. Thank you!
in Hinsdale, IL |
When my left hip needed replacement, the great experience I had when he replaced my right hip in 2012 made it an obvious choice. I was surprised to find that he had improved on the entire experience. I was in the hospital for a total of 30 hours. As with the first hip replacement, I do not know it is there. Since I am 80 years old, I appreciate each day without pain.
in P.OXBox 18600 |
Best ortho Doctor for joint replacements. I have 2 knee replacements and 2 hip replacements and they are the best. I am 92 yrs old and they have been in for 16 years. I am eternally grateful for the surgeries and care I have received from Dr Firestone. Dorothy ONeal
Have you seen Dr. Theodore Firestone, MD?
Are you Dr. Firestone?