Urology  |
Dr. Theodore Benderev, MD
Dr. Benderev is a urologic surgeon and is Board Certified in Urology. He specializes in the No-Needle No-Scalpel vasectomy and vasectomy reversals. He is also Board Certified in a subspecialty of pelvic reconstructive surgery. Our center, established in 1994 has a long history of innovation and firsts. Dr. Benderev was one of the first doctors to perform the No-Scalpel vasectomy in the United States approximately 25 years ago. In 1996, Dr. Benderev founded Vasectomy.Com - still one of the leading vasectomy information websites. In 2004, Dr. Benderev was the first known doctor in California to offer No-Needle Anesthesia to his vasectomy patients. In 2014, Dr. Benderev co-founded VasectomyDocs with the mission of providing a consistently safe and painless vasectomy in a comfortable private setting. He has performed over 6000 vasectomies and treats every patient with the same personal and gentle attention for which he has become known.

26732 Crown Valley Pkwy Ste 327

• Health Net
  • Optima Health

Learn about Dr. Benderev

Dr. Benderev's Experience

Dr. Benderev's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Urology
  • Board certified in Female Pelvic Medicine and Reconstructive Surgery and Urology

• Urology

• Bladder Diseases
  • Bladder Diverticulum
  • Bladder Infection
  • Bladder Stones
  • Blood in Semen (Hematospermia)
  • Blood in Urine (Hematuria)
  • Cystitis
  • Enlarged Prostate (BPH)
  • Genitourinary Tract Infections in Pregnancy
  • Hydronephrosis
  • Incontinence
  • Kidney Stone Pain (Renal Colic)
  • Kidney Stones
  • Leakage of Urine
  • Neurogenic Bladder
  • Nighttime Urination (Nocturia)
  • Overactive Bladder
  • Painful Urination (Dysuria)
  • Prostatitis
  • Urinary Disorders
  • Urinary Incontinence
  • Urinary Retention
  • Urinary Stones
  • Urinary Tract Infection (UTI)
  • Uterine Diseases

• Lithotripsy
  • No-Needle, No-Scalpel Vasectomy
  • Orchiopexy for Undescended Testicle
  • TURP (Transurethral Resection of Prostate) or Laser Destruction of Prostate
  • Urinary Stone Removal (Litholapaxy)
  • Uroflowmetry
  • Vasectomy
  • Vasectomy Reversal

No malpractice history found for California.

• University Of Maryland School Of Medicine
    Medical School | Graduated 1979
  • University Calif San Diego
    Internship Hospital | Completed 1980
  • Northwestern Center Feinberg School Of Medicine
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1985
  • University Calif Irvine
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1981

Dr. Benderev has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Benderev does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Benderev and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Benderev's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Benderev to family and friends
Dr. Benderev's Performance
Santa Fe Springs, CA |
The entire process was very easy and I would recommend Dr. Benderev to anyone looking for a professional, safe and effective vasectomy.
in Westminster, CA |
I had my vasectomy done about 2 months ago. I was nervous the day of and Dr. Benderev not only put me at ease with talking and jokes and before i knew it the procedure was all done and I was on my way home. No real pain in the procedure, about the same as a flick of a rubber band! I was sore for about 10 days, but much better after the first 2 days. He followed up via text and calls to make sure my post recovery was good and i had 0 complications. Would 100% recommend him!
Mission Viejo, CA |
Dr. Benderev is the best in the business. He is easy to talk to, he explains everything about the vasectomy procedure and he makes you feel comfortable. The procedure itself is as easy as it could be. Less than 10 min, no issues, easy recovery. I'm glad I went to this expert.
in Tustin, CA |
I recently had a procedure by Dr. Benderev. The procedure was quick and painless. Dr. Benderev and his staff were very professional and helpful. They answered all my questions. Dr. Benderev contacted me after my procedure. The recovery was quick and pain free. I highly recommend Dr. Benderev.
Aliso Viejo, CA |
The procedure was quick and painless. Dr. Benderev was as skilled at doing the procedure as he was at keeping me distracted with stories and questions. He walked me through everything casually and in a casual way. I had a lot of anxiety before getting this done, but doing it and now that it's done - if you are deciding between the options - 100% this is the way to go. I couldn't recommend him enough.
in Avalon, CA |
I was very nervous about the procedure. I read up on it and knew it was way easier for me to do it, than my lady getting a "tubal". Research led me to the "keyhole method" ( no scalpel). I read and made my decision based on Dr. Benderev high reviews. He and his office are awesome! Felt two lite flicks for topical and a very slight tugs, neither was painful at all! Was done in 15 mins. Followed his directions and all went great! Healed very fast! I highly recommend Dr Benderev and his staff!
in Capistrano Beach |
Dr. Benderev and his staff are top notch. My Vasectomy went smooth and I definitely recommend him to all my friends and family. He is very professional and the whole procedure is nothing to stress about. REALLY. I was in and out of there. I was sore for about a week but not in pain. It was more of a tenderness in the area. I had mine several weeks ago and I feel 100% again, The feeling of sex has not changed and is actually more enjoyable now that the worry of having another kid has been taken o
Mission Viejo, CA |
The procedure was well explained in advance, and I felt very comfortable with the staff. The procedure itself was surprisingly quick maybe 10 or 15 minutes. There was no pain involved at all. After the procedure I drove home and attended my meetings normally via Skype. The next day there was no pain to speak of, and even though I had to take it slow, I did not feel any significant discomfort. The staff is very competent and professional. I feel very comfortable recommending Dr Benderev.
in Mission Viejo, CA |
Dr. Benderev is very attentive and friendly. My wife and I have three children and the procedures he uses are much safer. There was no pain involved and I remained relaxed during the entire time. The procedure is done in a patient room and it takes less than 5 minutes. Recovery has been very easy. This is a much better option than putting your wife through a much more substantial and risky surgery.
in Ladera Ranch, CA |
After about 10 minutes I was done. It really took no time at all and there was no pain. I don’t know why more guys don’t get this done. I was able to walk out of the office pain free. I had my fiancée pick me up, went home rested on the couch, pillow under the knees, ice pack under me allowing the cool to radiate up. I was able to go to the restroom with no pain or discomfort. My stomach was a little sore from muscle tension. On day 2 the swelling had gone down, there was virtually no pain.
in Corona, CA |
I was apprehensive about having a vasectomy. Realizing I had no choice since my wife having her tubes tied carries serious risk, I decided to look for a doctor. I settled on Dr. Benderev due to his reviews and his minimally invasive procedure. The procedure itself was simple and virtually painless. I didn't even know he started until it was about over. I only felt a dull soreness afterwards. Additionally, Dr Benderev is very personable...the type of guy you'd drink a beer with.
in Ladera Ranch, CA |
Just had my vasectomy done yesterday, and I am so happy I chose Dr. B to do it! A true professional, very caring and efficient. I was really nervous and he eased all my fears. 10-15 min from start to finish, he talks you through procedure so there are no surprises. Knowing what I know now, I would have done this a long time ago. I highly recommend Dr. B to all. I had built it up to be such a big deal, but his bedside manner and treatment made for a smooth, uneventful procedure. Thank you again!
Laguna Niguel, CA |
The Doc and his team did an outstanding job, from start to finish, in preparing me for my procedure. There were no surprises and everything went perfectly. He even followed up twice after the procedure and left me his mobile phone # should I have any questions or concerns. I'll recommend him to all my friends. Thanks Doc!
in Garden grove. Ca |
Exelent experience. Totally painless and easy. Would recomend this technique to anyone considering it. So much better than my wife having to go under anesthesia and have her tubes tied. Thanks Dr.B
in san clemente, ca |
Absolutely was an experience that I would recommend to anyone. Painless, quick....and very communicative the entire time. He put me at ease, and really sensed that I was a bit scared and nervous about the whole thing. I am really glad I went through with this.......and I am glad my friends reccomended Dr Benderev to me.
Yorba Linda, CA |
Dr. Benderev was one of the only two urologists that my health advocate found in So Cal who is board certified, who's license is currently active and clear, and who is eligible for my PPO insurance. He had good reviews while the other urologist did not so the decision was easy for me. He claims to be the first Dr. to use the No Scalpel No Needle method in the US and his bed-side manner was great. He did a great job of helping me feel confident and comfortable throughout the process.
in Aliso Viejo, CA |
Highly recommended. 1) There is no needle when the anesthesia is applied. Instead a jet stream of mist comes out from a tube. Didn't hurt and WAY better than a needle injection. 2) The procedure does not require a scapula. Instead a pointy device is poked through the skin (which doesn't hurt because you're numb at that point). 3) No stitches since there is no cutting of the scrotum.
in Laguna Hills, CA |
Dr. Benderev made this experience as pleasant and painless as possible. He took the time to explain each step of the procedure to me and my wife and during the procedure walked me through each step in detail . Dr. Benderev was gentle and set my mind at ease. I would recommend his service to anybody who is looking for the best outcome.
in Rancho Santa Margarita, CA |
Dr. Benderev and his staff are very professional and made my entire experience very pleasurable. Also, Dr. Benderev personally came out to escort me, from the waiting room, for my consultation visit as well as on the day of my procedure. Post procedure, Dr. Benderev called to check on me and offered his personal number in case I had any questions or complications in the near future.
Have you seen Dr. Theodore Benderev, MD?
Are you Dr. Benderev?