Dr. Thao P. Dola, MD

Dr. Thao P. Dola, MD

Internal Medicine | Female

SLVHCS/Veteran's Admin 1601 Perdido St, New Orleans, LA 70112 Get Directions

Learn about this Doctor

As Blessed Mother Teresa's goal is "to serve Jesus in the distressing disguise of the poor," my own goal, which...Read more

Personal Bio

I came to the United States with my parents and my two sisters in April of 1975 after the fall...Read more

Dr. Dola's Experience

93Experience
Match

See how Dr. Dola's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Dola

Dr. Dola accepts 1 insurance carrier

1 Insurance Carrier Accepted*

• VA Coordinated Care for the Uninsured (VCC)

*Please verify this information when scheduling an appointment

/* /.overlay-container */}

Check out the quality of care at the 1 hospitals where Dr. Dola has admitting privileges.

Hospital Quality Awards

Reviewing Dr. Dola

Dr. Dola's Review Details
5 based on 1 response
Experience with Dr. Dola
Dr. Dola's Office & Staff
    16 – 30 minutes (1)
Dr. Thao P. Dola, MD says

I am humbled by the 5 star rating that I have received from my patients.

There is nothing that makes me as happy as to know that my patients are satisfied with the care that I provide.

Have you seen Dr. Thao P. Dola, MD?

Compare Dr. Dola

Why It Matters: Dr. Dola's Board Certifications

Dr. Dola says..

I have been treating diabetes, high blood pressure, and heart disease as well as multiple other diseases daily over the last 21 years that I have been a physician.

I have learned new methods and new technology in the treatment of these diseases as time progresses.

What is always constant is the evolution of new ways to treat old, well known diseases, and I believe that a good physician should always be open to learning about new technology as time passes.

This information was supplied by or on behalf of the provider.
  • Atrial Fibrillation
  • Chronic Back Pain
  • Chronic Renal Insufficiency
  • Congestive Heart Failure
  • COPD (Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease)
  • Coronary Artery Disease (CAD)
  • Diabetes Type 2
  • Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD)
  • High Triglycerides
  • Hypercholesterolemia, Autosomal Dominant

Dr. Dola says..

Having had the experience of being a resident in general surgery for 2 years prior to learning about internal medicine, I have gained some knowledge about the treatment of some diseases that are treated surgically, like gallstones, appendicitis, bowel obstruction, recurrent diverticulitis, hernias, wounds, and abscess.

I have also gained some experience in doing procedures and feel confident in doing minor procedures in my office like incision and drainage of an abscess.

This information was supplied by or on behalf of the provider.
  • Abscess Incision and Drainage

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Louisiana.

Tulane University School Of Medicine

Tulane University Of Louisiana

Graduated in 1990

• Valedictorian. Benjamin Franklin Senior High School. New Orleans, LA, 1987
    • Phi Beta Kappa, 1990
    • Summa cum laude with Honors in Biology. Bachelor of Science. Tulane University. New Orleans, LA, 1990
    • "Dean's Honor," 4 year, full scholarship to Tulane University, 1987
    • Lead Physician at the Hammond VA Outpt Clinic, Since 2009
    • Leukotriene B4 stimulation of an early elevation of phosphatidic acid mass in human neutrophils, 1995
    • Fungal Secondary Metabolism: Sterigmatocystin and O-methylsterigmatocystin, 1990

• Vietnamese

Dr. Dola does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Dola and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

×

Dr. Dola's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

• Specializes in Internal Medicine
  • Board certified in Internal Medicine
  • Malpractice claims in Louisiana not available
×

Why Does Experience Matter?

Patient Satisfaction Results for Dr. Dola

Overall Patient Satisfaction Score

Dr. Dola's Office & Staff

Ease of scheduling urgent appointments
Office environment, cleanliness, comfort, etc.
Staff friendliness and courteousness
Total wait time (waiting & exam rooms)
16 – 30 minutes

Experience with Dr. Dola

Level of trust in provider's decisions
How well provider explains medical condition(s)
How well provider listens and answers questions
Spends appropriate amount of time with patients

Dr. Dola says...

I came to the United States with my parents and my two sisters in April of 1975 after the fall of South Vietnam to the communists. My brother, who was studying in France at the time, reunited with us several months after we arrived in the United States.

Thanks to the love and encouragement of my caring parents and siblings, I have always strived to do my best in all that I was involved, whether that be studying in school, playing musical instruments like the piano and the violin, playing sports, or studying about my Catholic religion.

I have always had a curiosity and a natural inclination about learning about diseases and the treatment of diseases, and had set as my goal to become a physician at a very young age, which I believe is partially due to the fact that I was born into a family of many physicians, including my paternal grandfather, my maternal uncle, and my oldest sister.

I have been a physician for 21 years, and my love for my profession is reinforced and strengthened each day by the connection that I have with my patients and with his/her family members when I try my best to serve him/her with the best care that I know how and with the latest technology in medicine.

Dr. Dola's Care Philosophy

As Blessed Mother Teresa's goal is "to serve Jesus in the distressing disguise of the poor," my own goal, which is born out of admiration for Blessed Mother Teresa, is to be able "to serve Jesus is the distressing disguise of the ill and suffering" with the compassionate care that they deserve.

I hope to be able to care for each patient daily "as if I were caring for Jesus," as Blessed Mother Teresa and as my parents have taught me.

Dr. Dola says...

I am humbled by the 5 star rating that I have received from my patients.