Dr. Thais Moldovan, MD

Dr. Thais Moldovan, MD

Rheumatology  ·
Female  ·
Dr. Thais Moldovan, MD is a rheumatology specialist in Newtown Square, PA and has been practicing for 5 years. She graduated from Federal University of Alagoas / Center of Science in 2008 and specializes in rheumatology and internal medicine.

3551 Rhoads Ave Ste A

Newtown Square, PA 19073

• Amerihealth
  • Highmark Blue Cross Blue Shield
  • Independence Blue Cross

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice claims information for Pennsylvania

Check Dr. Moldovan's experience treating your condition or procedure

Dr. Moldovan's Top Procedures and Conditions

Arthritis

Dr. Moldovan treats Arthritis more than 96% of her peers

Dr. Moldovan treats this condition more than 96% of her peers

Rating Includes other areas of care:

• Acute Gout

Dr. Moldovan treats Osteopenia more than 90% of her peers

Dr. Moldovan treats this condition more than 90% of her peers

Dr. Moldovan's conditions and procedures:

• Ankylosing Spondylitis
  • Antiphospholipid Syndrome (APS)
  • Bleeding Disorders
  • Chondrocalcinosis
  • Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
  • Chronic Pain
  • De Quervain's Disease
  • Dermatomyositis
  • Dupuytren's Contracture
  • Enthesopathy of Knee (incl. Bursitis of Knee)
  • Felty's Syndrome
  • Fever
  • Gout
  • Hammer Toe
  • Injection of Tendon
  • Lateral and Medial Epicondylitis (Tennis and Golf Elbow)
  • Limb Swelling
  • Osteoarthritis of Ankle and Foot
  • Osteoarthritis of Hand or Wrist
  • Osteoarthritis of Hands
  • Osteoarthritis of Hip and Thigh
  • Polymyalgia Rheumatica (PMR)
  • Polymyositis
  • Temporal Arteritis
  • Trigger Finger
  • Viscosupplementation With Hyaluronate
  • Wegener's Granulomatosis

My approach is to work closely with you and be there when you need me. Someone once paid me a great compliment when they said that I care about my patients like they're family.
The goal for my patients is to help them do what they want to ...

• Rheumatology

4.2

Dr. Moldovan?
Dr. Moldovan's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Thais Moldovan, MD
I have lupus. I was diagnosed twelve years ago with the aid of a punch biopsy. I was given the medication plaquenil to aid in my disease. I still experienced regularly chronic fatigue and pain that was draining what strength I had left.. Move forward to maybe a year to two ago... I met with Dr Moldovan, she unlike doctors in the past, listened. Doctors previous to her were very casual in their approach and often told me my condition and symptoms were in my head.. go to counseling, which i did by the way. Dr. Moldovan was able to see right away things that for years I had tried to express. She made a thorough work up and then prescribed medications that have made a significant difference in my life. My pain was so debilitating and my my mind was so cloudy and unable to function. Making decisions was hard, I felt like I hit a wall and was not able to push through, it was so frustrating walking around utterly in the dark. Dr Moldovan and her staff are great, I'm so grateful.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Thais Moldovan, MD?
Amazing Doctor! Dr. Moldovan is very knowledgeable and thorough. She use state of the art technology and cutting edge tests to make sure you are correctly diagnosed. I was misdiagnosed for 10 years by a Philly Top Doc. I was in search of a new rheumatologist, and through a google search, I found Dr. Moldovan. She did a battery of tests and a full workup and gave me the proper diagnosis. Instead of just prescribing pills to help me live a normal life, she referred me to a few holistic programs (wellness, therapy, and etc.) in my area. Dr. Moldovan bedside manner is wonderful as she is conscientious, kind, caring, and understanding. Her staff is just as glorious as she is. I am so thankful that I found her.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Thais Moldovan, MD?
I love Dr. Moldovan's office. Everyone is professional, nice and always pleasant. The office is clean and organized. Dr. Moldovan goes over every test and treatment and answers all of my questions. I feel great as a result of her care.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Thais Moldovan, MD?
Called to make an appointment for my brother who has been suffering from Psioriosis for 8 yrs.So happy that she treated him and decided to put him on biologic medicine.His psiorosis got cleared within 3 weeks made my brother happy.Would highly recommend her.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Thais Moldovan, MD?
Dr. Moldovan was very thorough and gave me a lot of information and guidance. Her evaluation was complete, thoughtful, and methodical. I have great confidence in her knowledge and her plan for me. Very kind too.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Thais Moldovan, MD?
Dr. Moldovan n her staff are really caring and very pleasant. She works hard to find what works for each patient
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Thais Moldovan, MD?
I am thankful for having such a caring and knowledgeable doctor like Dr. Moldovan. She first saw me when I was at Riddle Hospital, because of complications of lupus and kidney problems. I was able to have all the procedures done in a few days and this life-threatening problem was handled very well by Dr. Moldovan and the other physicians. This happened more than 2 years ago and since then Dr. Moldovan has been great with follow-up and a plan to keep me in good health. She is an amazing doctor.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Thais Moldovan, MD?
I stopped seeing her after 3 visits. She does not listen to patient. She does not include you in her treatment plan, no discussion, but rather just tells you what she decides, and she didn’t always treat my symptoms, resulting in no relief. She also dictates into an old style recording device, constantly interrupting your dialogue to do so. Thankfully, I previously had a good doctor who retired to know what to look for in a Rheumatologist and it is definitely not her.
I am so sorry that you feel this way, but there...Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Thais Moldovan, MD?
Caring & compasionate, yes. Knowledgeable on fibromyalgia & medications, no. Was shocked when she told me she was unaware of side effects connected with medication she prescribed for me. Hard to find good Rheumatolog doctors I agree, it I would recommend an American university practice/doctor if you have anything more serious than Arthritis. Do your research.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Thais Moldovan, MD?
Never addressed my issues. Told me what diseases I did not have but could not figure out the source of my issues which have now been successfully addressed by a different rheumatologist. Front desk staff very inexperienced & had no idea how to schedule my MRI & thought I was supposed to get the pre-cert myself. Long wait (over 2 hours) for appt. Not cool for rheum patients sitting is lousy waiting room chairs.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Thais Moldovan, MD?
Dr. Moldovan is one of the most understanding and caring professionals within her field, she treats patients with respect and positivity along with her in-depth knowledge about autoimmune disease, arthritis, and pain disorder – I’ve been with her practice for years and have been a loyal patient because she caters to me and my health. Dr. Moldovan’s staff is friendly thanks to the great ladies at the front desk, who makes every visit fill with laughter!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Thais Moldovan, MD?
I'be been looking for a rheumatologist specializing in fibromyalgia & chronic pain. Dr. Moldovan spent 80-85% of the appointment discussing my mental health status & whether I had a psychiatrist/psychotherapist. She spent very little time asking about my pain issues, history & goals & treated me more like a mental patient vs someone who is in need of improving my quality of life. I am interested in a holistic approach to pain management and we didn't even discuss options. Horrible experience.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Thais Moldovan, MD?
Dr Moldavan is very thorough, intelligent and caring to her patients. Melanie her office manager is wonderful and answers my questions in a timely manner and if any medication issues she is right on it and gets results. Great office!!!!!!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Thais Moldovan, MD?
Dr Moldovan is a wonderful doctor. I was referred to her by my PCP. From day one she has taken time out to diagnose me and treat me as efficiently for my arthritis. She not only helps me medically be also helps me help to cope with the psoriatic arthritis on a daily basis. I would highly recommend her to anyone that is looking for a excellent rheumatologist. The office staff is wonderful too. They are pleasant and easy to deal with. Dr Moldovan practice is the tops!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Thais Moldovan, MD?
Very helpful with and about my lupus
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Thais Moldovan, MD?
Dr. Moldovan is pleasant and easy to talk to. I feel comfortable with her to discuss my issues and concerns, and I trust her recommendations.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Thais Moldovan, MD?
I waited a very long time the first time at the new office. Was ask to come early 2nd visit if I could. I arrived early and still had to wait past my appointment time. I think Dr Moldovan is an excellent doctor and I trust her judgement and like her honesty. Very pleased to tell other people about this doctor.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Thais Moldovan, MD?
The new office is great! Very convenient location. The staff is wonderful & Dr. Moldovan too. The doctor's expertise has changed my quality of life 1000%!!!!!!!!!!!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Thais Moldovan, MD?
Dr. Moldovan became my Rheumatologist after my former doctor retired. In the beginning I was very skeptical as to whether she would be able to care for me in the manner that my former physician did. I was pleasantly surprised to find Dr. Moldovan to be very knowledgeable, empathetic and determined to help me live my best life with this terrible disease. She is attentive and patient, and I am so glad she is a part of my AWESOME medical team.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Thais Moldovan, MD?
DR MODOVAN IS THE MOST LOVING , CARING AND WONDERFUL DOCTOR, SHE ALWAYS TAKES THE TIME TO TALK TO YOU AND DECIDES WITH YOU THE BEST TREATMENT, SHE NOT ONLY TREATS YOU AS A PATIENT BUT AS A FRIEND. I WOULD RECOMMEND HER TO ANYONE, SHE IS THE BEST IN HER FIELD!!!!!!!
Show more reviews

How was your experience with Dr. Moldovan?

Insurance accepted