Dr. Terry Smith, MD

Dr. Terry Smith, MD

Neurosurgery  |
Dr. Terry Smith, MD is a neurosurgery doctor who practices in Biloxi, MS. He is 60 years old and has been practicing for 29 years. Dr. Smith is affiliated with Singing River Hospital, Biloxi Regional Medical Center and Garden Park Medical Center.

1009 Tommy Munro Dr Ste B

Biloxi, MS 39532

• Ambetter

Learn about Dr. Smith

See how frequently Dr. Smith performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Lamina Procedures (incl. Laminectomy, Laminoplasty, Laminotomy)
Spinal Stenosis
Radiculopathy (Not Due to Disc Displacement)

Dr. Smith's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

• Neurosurgery

Dr. Smith does not have any board certifications listed.

• Acoustic Neuroma
  • Aneurysm
  • Broken Neck
  • Cerebral Artery Thrombosis
  • Cerebral Hemorrhage
  • Cerebrospinal Fluid Leak (CSF Leak)
  • Cerebrovascular Disease

• Craniectomy, Craniotomy, Surgery of Skull Base, Neuroendoscopy
  • Deep Brain Stimulation
  • Dural Repair or Other Spinal Cord Repair
  • Herniated Disc Surgery
  • Lamina Procedures (incl. Laminectomy, Laminoplasty, Laminotomy)
  • Neuroplasty
  • Neurostimulation
  • Spinal Compression Fracture Repair
  • Spinal Cord Stimulation
  • Spinal Fusion
  • Spinal Reconstructive Surgery for Deformities

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Mississippi.

• Va Commonwealth Univ Sch Of Med
    Medical School | Graduated 1988

Dr. Smith has no awards or honors listed.

Dr. Smith has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Smith does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Smith and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Smith's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Smith to family and friends
4.0
Dr. Smith's Performance
Biloxi, MS |
I would never recommend this Dr. to anyone, family or friends. But please don't just take my word, ask around in the community. Something I wish we would have known to do. He has a well earned reputation of having no bed side manner. He automatically prejudged my husband when we told him that combat ptsd was an issue. We were desperate to see a doctor based on insurance hangups and cancelled appts. God forbid you don't understand something and ask for clarification. Research this Doctor.
in Biloxi, MS |
Dr. Smith performed a fusion of l4,5,S1 with graft on me 14 months ago. He is an excellent surgeon. I followed his instructions to a T and 1 year later, I am painfree!!! I would recommend him to anyone that WANTS to be fixed.
Honolulu, HI |
Excellent surgeon!! He performed back surgery on me in 1993. I'm petite and during surgery he improvised on securing a rod in my back so it wouldnt make my skin protrude. I was told by a friend in medical profession he was one of the best so I had complete faith in him when I chose one of the riskier options he presented to me. I returned 2 years later to remove the rod. so far no back problems in the last 23 years
Gulfport, MS |
did not provide me the care or concern i needed. Youll be lucky to get 5 minutes with him and if you dare to disagree youll be screwed! Has terrible communication skills and will treat you like you are beneath his standing. Was rude, arrogant and used harsh tones with me during one of my appt.s I would not recommend him and regret i listened to the referral to him. receptionist is also not friendly, never smiles and never greets people. When you are in pain you need to have a friendly face.
in Ocean Springs, MS |
Dr. Smith is a great surgeon!! I have had three fusions from him. I consider all of them to be successful with realistic outcomes. Dr. T. Smith gets to the point and is very thorough. He is all about the patient to help find a solution. He will assist with temporary pain, not long term chronic pain, but he will refer you. I've had many neurosurgeons over the years for a brain AVM and spine issues. Dr. Smith's expertise and abilities are at the top.
in Gulfport, MS |
I am now 3 weeks post surgery and I am 90% pain free! I am now walking 2+ miles per day and feel like I am getting better everyday. I actually forgot what it felt like to not be in pain all the time and I have my life back!!! Dr. Smith is extremely talented and I am recommending him to everyone I talk to. His bedside manner is not coddling and he is straight to the point, that is what I want... I could care less if my surgeon is all warm and cuddly.
in Biloxi, MS |
I love Dr. Smith's no nonsense approach. He gave me four options and let me decide my future. I chose the surgery since I believe in fixing things once and for all. This was my second back surgery (17 years earlier), but my first with Dr. Smith. He is a gifted surgeon and the recuperation is going smoothly. I was able to leave the hospital the same day based on my type of surgery and that I got up and started walking right away. If you are in pain this is the gifted surgeon for you!
in Gulfport, MS |
Dr Terry Smith performed a Lumbar Fusion for me 9/2/2016. I am already pain free. another Neurosurgeon (name redacted) performed an Anterior Lumbar Fusion on me 3/31/2015 and all I received from 18 months of suffering was more pain. Dr Smith has a calm reassuring bedside manor which was a match for me. I recommend Dr Smith without any reservations.
Ocean Springs, MS |
Dr Smith is a wonderful surgeon he has given me back the use of my hands and a headache free life
in Gulfport, MS |
Lionel } Dr Terry Smith is the best of the best in his field i whould highly recommend him to family and friends he is the first Doctor that called to see how i am recoverying that alone is a .,A+ thanks Dr Smith
in Portland oregon |
Seems like a good neurosurgeon, however, his bedside manner leaves a lot to be desired. I walked away thinking Dr. Smith is not receptive to patient's concerns. I would encourage a second opinion.
in Saucier, MS |
Dr Smith is a great doctor and is very personal with his patients. He responded very quickly in an emergency situation. I highly recommend his services.
in Ocean Springs, MS |
always informative respective open to patients questions comments concerns.over all a wise and caring doctor .
He takes the time for you. He helps you understand what the condition is and explains every choice you have and walks you thru what you want not want he wants. I personally am going for a second time, unfortunately for me.
Have you seen Dr. Terry Smith, MD?
Are you Dr. Smith?