Orthopedic Surgery  |
Dr. Terrence Crowder, MD
Dr. Terrence Crowder, MD is an orthopedic surgery doctor who practices in Gilbert, AZ. He is 40 years old and has been practicing for 14 years. Dr. Crowder is affiliated with Arizona Spine and Joint Hospital, Summit Healthcare Regional Medical Center, Oasis Hospital, Tempe St. Luke's Hospital, Banner Desert Medical Center, Mountain Vista Medical Center, HonorHealth Scottsdale Shea Medical Center, HonorHealth Scottsdale Thompson Peak Medical Center, Dignity Health - Mercy Gilbert Medical Center and Dignity Health - St. Joseph's Hospital and Medical Center.

2557 S Val Vista Dr Ste 103

• Health Net
  • Three Rivers Provider Network
  • Worker's Compensation

Learn about Dr. Crowder

See how frequently Dr. Crowder performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Chronic Neck Pain
Spondylitis
Degenerative Disc Disease

Dr. Crowder's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

Accredited by: American Board of Medical Specialties*

• Degenerative Disc surgery
  • Disc Replacement
  • Herniated Disc Surgery
  • Kyphoplasty, Percutaneous
  • Lamina Procedures (incl. Laminectomy, Laminoplasty, Laminotomy)
  • Laminectomy
  • Spinal Fusion
  • Spinal Reconstructive Surgery for Deformities
  • Spine Fracture Treatment
  • Spine Surgery

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Arizona.

• Duke University
  • Duke University Hospital
    Residency Hospital | Completed 2008
  • William Beaumont Hospital-Troy
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 2009

Dr. Crowder has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Crowder does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Crowder and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

View Video

Dr. Crowder's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Crowder to family and friends
3.1
Dr. Crowder's Performance
Phoenix, AZ |
Dr Crowder got me in last minute for the intense back pain I was having, I told the office I was on a time budget and they got me taken care of, xrays and all in under 40 minutes. He was polite, funny and very helpful. I felt I was in very good hands.
Mesa Arizona |
My experience was horrible Dr Crowder I had the spinal stimulator cords put in and taken out 3 months later it was a horrible painful experience for me I do not recommend him at all he's in it for the money and that's it
Peoria, AZ |
Dr Crowder was so thoughtfu., my surgery was at 5::45 PM and he still had a cheerful personality. He was very professional! A nurse had to stay late and she said, “I would do this only for DR Crowder!” The only problem I had was his office staff, had a hard time returning calls from them, scheduling my surgery, etc. The nurses at Spine and joint hospital in Mesa, AZ, deserve 5 stars too, if you had to have surgery, it was a great experience!
in Phoenix, AZ |
One of the worst doctors ive ever had. His lack of knowledge landed me a complication from the first surgery then he waited causing me more pain while he consulted his mentor. Then stuck me with a huge bill for which he should have paid me considering it was his fault that i had a second surgery
Show Low, AZ |
While Dr. Crowder may be an excellent doctor, I take issue with his staff. I cannot get an appointment with him. I have contacted his office for an appointment numerous time over the last 2 months. His office staff says I have to wait for and opening. I questioned them about why do I have to wait for an opening. Don’t they know when the openings start? They had the attitude of “That’s the way it is. Take it or leave it”. How rude. Did these people pass patient care 101???????
in Phoenix, AZ |
Dr. Crowder is bright, skilled, and compassionate. He freed me from dibilitating back pain.
Phoenix, AZ |
Dr. Crowder was on time for my appintment. However, unfortunately, that's where the positive part of the appt ended. Contrary to his warm video message on the spine center's website, I found him to be very impersonal, and he made little to no eye contact during the entire appt. He didn't seem to be interested in my medical history, and i felt he rushed through the appt. I would not recommend him at all. I would rate him as one of the worst doctors I've seen.
in Queen Creek, AZ |
I lobe Dr. crowder. He is the nicest sweetest Doctor. His bedside manners are superb. His office staff is just as caring. I wouldn't go to anyone else and highly recommend him if your having any spinal problems. He's straight up and that's what everyone wants.
Chandler, AZ |
He allowed me to be in great pain during my hospital stay. Would not give me painkillers to help relieve my pain. Worst hospital experience ever!
in Gilbert, AZ |
Dr. Crowder is the best doctor. He is extremely competent and takes the time to think about how to help his patients. Most doctors will give a patient 15 minutes and not worry about how to solve the patients medical problems. Dr. Crowder will try to see the whole picture and refer a patient to needed medical doctors for collaboration. He thinks about how to solve the medical puzzles that a patient presents. He listens, has empathy and is highly skilled. I trust him completely!
in Show Low, AZ |
After waiting such a longtime for my appt, I was able to get in. My 8am appt ended up at 10. Being that he flies in from Phoenix, he was not able to be on time. Problem, already knowing his flight does not arrive til 930. Why have us in office knowing full well he was not available. Then when I was able to see him, did not apologize. I presented my past xray and mri showing extensive spinal damage. He did not review them or complete an exam. Said was my varicose veins, tho I had surgery past.
in Queen Creek, AZ |
After firing another surgeon last minute, but needing my surgery done by years end (4 weeks), as I was maxed out on out of pocket, I saw Crowder. He was extremely pleasant and seemed knowledgeable. I originally needed/wanted a double discectomy, DID NOT want fusion - but he talked me into it. Got the surgery done, one week hospital stay then 2 weeks rehab center, then 5 months recovery. Needed a revision done 16 months later and just had a FOURTH surgery done by someone else, He doesn't listen
in Mesa, AZ |
I have recommended Dr. Crowder to many people, even if it is just for a consultation. He was one of the few doctors that would even look at my back because of a prior discectomy 20+ years before. My operation, although a long and difficult one, has given me back a bit of my life. I can sit longer now, I can walk longer, and I am not in so much pain. He is a great listener and if I still have questions he will sit there and wait until I am done asking.
Have you seen Dr. Terrence Crowder, MD?
Are you Dr. Crowder?