Terrance Rooney, LCSW

Terrance Rooney, LCSW

Psychotherapy  ·
Terrance Rooney, LCSW is a psychotherapist in New York, NY and has been practicing for 9 years. He specializes in psychotherapy and psychoanalysis.Read his story

26 W 9th St Apt 7B

New York, NY 10011

• MagnaCare

Learn about Terrance Rooney

Terrance Rooney's bio

This content was provided by Terrance Rooney "I received my Masters in Social Work (MSW) at New York University in 2009. While at NYU, I served as a Clinical Social Work Intern at the Montefiore School Health Program, providing weekly psychotherapy sessions to adolescent clients and their families. I also trained in psychoanalysis at the Center for Human Development, where I learned to work with clients with mild and severe mental disorders including depression, anxiety, bipolar disorder, narcissistic personality, obsessive-compulsive (OCD), sexual addiction, substance abuse and PTSD. I have also been a peer counselor on the crisis hotline of GMHC, the world's first and leading provider of HIV/AIDS prevention, care and advocacy. After receiving my Master's, I began working as a psychotherapist with 55-60 clients at St. Mark's Place Institute for Mental Health, which gave me a chance to work with one of the most diverse client populations in the city. In subsequent years, I was promoted to a supervisory role. During this time I've also continued my education through the Institute for Psychoanalytic Education, which is affiliated with NYU Medical, and is approved by The American Psychoanalytic Association. From June 2013, I began building my private practice. In addition to the disorders listed above, I now help my patients try to resolve or deal with many other issues including low self-esteem, relationship problems, codependency, divorce, family conflict, grief, LGBTQ concerns, infidelity, and trauma."

This content was provided by Terrance Rooney "By building trust, in a safe, non-judgmental environment, my approach to psychotherapy may offer you powerful tools that will assist in raising your awareness to undiscovered repetitive patterns of thoughts and behaviors that cause suffering. I see the aim of psychotherapy as increasing mindfulness, self-understanding and change.

A good rapport and your personal level of comfort are paramount when choosing to work with any psychotherapist. I offer a free phone consultation that will allow us to talk about your goals for psychotherapy and decide whether I would be the appropriate psychotherapist for you."

• Psychotherapy
  • Psychoanalysis

Terrance Rooney does not have any board certifications listed.

• Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
  • Counseling Services
  • Grief Therapy
  • Individual Therapy
  • Psychotherapy Services

No malpractice history found for New York.

• Montefiore
  • The Center for Human Development
    Other Education | Completed 2013
  • The Institute for Psychoanalytic Education affiliated with NYU Medical Center
    Other Education | Completed

Terrance Rooney has no awards or honors listed.

Terrance Rooney has no media or publications listed.

Terrance Rooney does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Terrance Rooney and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Terrance Rooney's Reviews