Dr. Teresita Brothers, MD

Child & Adolescent Psychiatry •  Female • Age 74

Dr. Brothers

Alamo Mental Health Group

4242 Medical Dr Ste 6300 San Antonio, TX 78229

Dr. Teresita Brothers, MD is a child & adolescent psychiatry specialist in San Antonio, TX. She graduated from Universidad Nacional De Colombia, Facultad De Medicina and specializes in child & adolescent psychiatry, pediatric psychiatry, and more.

Dr. Brothers accepts

Dr. Brothers accepts the following insurance:

Blue Cross Blue Shield of Texas
Blue Advantage HMO
Blue Choice
Preferred PPO

No malpractice claims found for Texas

Check Dr. Brothers' experience treating your condition or procedure

Dr. Brothers treats this condition more than 89% of her peers

Dr. Brothers' conditions and procedures:

• ADHD and-or ADD
  • Adjustment Disorder
  • Alcoholism (Alcohol Dependence)
  • Anorexia
  • Antisocial Personality Disorder
  • Autism
  • Bipolar Disorder
  • Body Dysmorphic Disorder (BDD)
  • Borderline Personality Disorder
  • Bulimia
  • Combination Drug Dependence
  • Conduct Disorder
  • Confusion
  • Cyclothymia (Chronic Mood Disorder)
  • Developmental and Learning Disorders
  • Dissociative Disorder
  • Dissociative, Conversion, and Factitious Disorders
  • Drug and Alcohol Dependence
  • Drug-Induced Mental Disorders
  • Dysthymia (Chronic Depression)
  • Dysthymia and Cyclothymia (Mood Disorders)
  • Eating Disorders
  • Marijuana Addiction
  • Nondependent Alcohol Abuse
  • Nondependent Drug and Alcohol Abuse
  • Nondependent Marijuana Abuse
  • Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
  • Obsessive-Compulsive Personality Disorder (OCPD)
  • Paranoid Personality Disorder
  • Personality Disorders
  • Phobia
  • Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
  • Psychiatric Diseases
  • Psychiatric Evaluation
  • Psychogenic Disorders (incl. Psychogenic Pain)
  • Psychosis Due to Mental Illness

Dr. Brothers?
  • Over 45 minutes
Dr. Brothers' Performance
What People Say About Dr. Teresita Brothers, MD
Dr. Brothers is a no-nonsense, brilliant professional woman doctor, whom my daughter and I have been faithfully seeing for years. She cares enough to be thorough and catch up with client's on the latest behavioral issue going on in their lives. She does not just prescribe and send you out the door! My daughter's bipolar has been disabling, but Dr. Brothers has been tireless in working to stabalize her. We trust her. She is outstanding.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Teresita Brothers, MD?
I would not recommend this lady. She is very rude. After seeing my son and having minimal interaction with him, she was ready to medicate him. I was hesitant about medicating him and she became very snappy and rude. Overall, our experience was awful. It wasn't a welcoming environment for children and her office is a disaster. The 1+ wait was not worth it, looking elsewhere.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Teresita Brothers, MD?
If you're looking for a no-questions-asked refill on your medication, or are completely fine with a 15-minute evaluation of your child, there are plenty of deplorable revolving-door psychologists who will gladly take you on as a patient. Teresa Brothers is not that kind of doctor. Dr. Brothers is an honorable, thorough and caring PSYCHIATRIST who actually takes the time to know her patients, to better understand them, to better diagnose them. She is the most competent physician I know.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Teresita Brothers, MD?
Awful punctuality. Walks in the door over an hour late EVERY SINGLE TIME. Office partners REFUSE to do ANYTHING about her timeliness or mannerisms.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Teresita Brothers, MD?
Dr. Brothers misdiagnosed my situation. I told her what I needed and that I had been taking those meds for a number of years. She refused to refill my regular dosages and changed my medications. I ended up in the hospital because of that with over $5000 in bills. When I did see her she complained about other patients and talked about her taxes being due. Of the scores of doctors I have met, she is by far the most dangerous.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Teresita Brothers, MD?
Horrible Dr!! Will not recommend to anyone. She misdiagnosed my daughter and gave her meds that ended up hurting her.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Teresita Brothers, MD?
I would NOT recommend Dr. Brothers to anyone. The office wait is unacceptable (over 1.5 hours) and when you have a child suffering from acute anxiety, waiting in a large room full of people for that amount of time does not help. Dr. Brothers has a very clinical demeanor, no warm fuzzies in that office! She told my daughter to read a paper on Bi-Polar, which she is not, that sent my daughter into a tailspin. Our overall experience with her was tough and we moved on quickly to a different Dr.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Teresita Brothers, MD?
Terrible, terrible psychiatrist. Like all other reviews say, she will diagnose you with a mood disorder you don't have within 5 minutes (did that to me AND my brother), prescribe you tons of meds that make you feel like a zombie because she gets paid by pharmaceutical companies, blame YOU when they don't work/give you bad side effects, and maybe go off on you about personal things (You're not trying to get better; Your therapist sucks; You are won't accept that you have a mood disorder).
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Teresita Brothers, MD?
Dr. Brothers is awful. At my first appointment (I came with a diagnosis from a previous doctor) she attempted throughout the appointment to force me into admitting that I had a disorder that I obviously do not. She ignored my info from my therapist and basically ignored all I said. She contradicted me and told me that I didn't know what I was feeling. Not only was she incompetent, she was also rude.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Teresita Brothers, MD?
Our first appt we were late but since she was so behind we got to stay. Her first words directed at my 12yr old were "why were you late?". I said repeatedly that we would have paid and left, no prob. I asked about weight gain and she got mad and slammed her papers down. I didn't know some answers and so I know nothing about my child. Talked on her cell almost ten min in Spanish while we sat. Extremely rude. So much more but no space. My kid walked out and I left crying I was so pissed. SHOCKED!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Teresita Brothers, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Brothers?

• Child & Adolescent Psychiatry