Dr. Teresita Brothers, MD

Child & Adolescent PsychiatryFemaleAge 75

Telehealth services available

Alamo Mental Health Group

4242 Medical Dr Ste 6300 San Antonio, TX 78229

Dr. Teresita Brothers, MD is a Child & Adolescent Psychiatry Specialist in San Antonio, TX. Dr. Brothers has more experience with Neurodevelopmental Disorders and General Mental Health than other specialists in her area. She is accepting new patients and has indicated that she accepts telehealth appointments. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Brothers to book an appointment.

Compare Providers

Quickly compare more Child & Adolescent Psychiatry Specialists in your area

• Offers Telehealth

No malpractice claims found for Texas

Frequently Treated by Dr. Brothers

Based on treatment records, we have identified the following as areas of care that Dr. Brothers treats more often than their peers. If you are unsure whether Dr. Brothers treats other conditions, please contact the office at (210) 614-8400.

Neurodevelopmental Disorders

Compare with other Neurodevelopmental Disorders specialists.

Dr. Brothers typically treats 79% more often than similar doctors

High Frequency
Very High Frequency
Similar Providers

General Mental Health

General mental health includes management, treatment and prevention of mental illness through risk factor screenings, counseling, group therapy, and wellness support.Compare with other General Mental Health specialists.

Dr. Brothers typically treats 58% more often than similar doctors

Based on claims data for 13 conditions and procedures

Treatments
ADHD and-or ADD
Anxiety
Bipolar Disorder
Dysthymia and Cyclothymia (Mood Disorders)
Normal Frequency
High Frequency
Very High Frequency
Similar Providers

Check Dr. Brothers' experience treating your condition or procedure

Dr. Brothers' conditions and procedures:

• ADHD and-or ADD
  • Adjustment Disorder
  • Alcoholism (Alcohol Dependence)
  • Anorexia
  • Antisocial Personality Disorder
  • Autism
  • Bipolar Disorder
  • Body Dysmorphic Disorder (BDD)
  • Borderline Personality Disorder
  • Bulimia
  • Combination Drug Dependence
  • Conduct Disorder
  • Confusion
  • Cyclothymia (Chronic Mood Disorder)
  • Developmental and Learning Disorders
  • Dissociative Disorder
  • Dissociative, Conversion, and Factitious Disorders
  • Drug and Alcohol Dependence
  • Drug-Induced Mental Disorders
  • Dysthymia (Chronic Depression)
  • Dysthymia and Cyclothymia (Mood Disorders)
  • Eating Disorders
  • Marijuana Addiction
  • Nondependent Alcohol Abuse
  • Nondependent Drug and Alcohol Abuse
  • Nondependent Marijuana Abuse
  • Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
  • Obsessive-Compulsive Personality Disorder (OCPD)
  • Paranoid Personality Disorder
  • Personality Disorders
  • Phobia
  • Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
  • Psychiatric Diseases
  • Psychiatric Evaluation
  • Psychogenic Disorders (incl. Psychogenic Pain)
  • Psychosis Due to Mental Illness
  • Schizophreniform and Schizoaffective Disorder
  • Somatoform Disorders
  • Speech, Language and Learning Disorders

Dr. Brothers accepts

Dr. Brothers accepts the following insurance:

National (BlueCard) PPO

Dr. Brothers' Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Brothers

1.6

Dr. Brothers?
  • Appointment scheduling (11)
  • Appointment wasn't rushed (9)
  • Explained conditions well (7)
  • Long wait times (41)
  • Didn't explain conditions well (40)
  • Didn't listen or answer questions (40)
When my teen daughter needed the most help.....you removed yourself from her care....what happened to duty? Caring for others? You do not display that
  • Staff wasn't friendly
RJ – Nov 14, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Teresita Brothers, MD?
Don’t see this doctor! She is beyond rude. Doesn’t take the time to explain well of what medication she is providing her patients. Several times i would ask questions about different medication my son was on a dm it’s almost as if she would get offended that I’m asking. She is always late to appointments and not just by 10-20 min, I’m talking hours! She is very rude in the way she talks to people. As a first time parent with a child who has autism and is adhd i had several questions about medications my son was on, i would ask before shoving something down my sons throat and she would say things like “i already told you I’m not explaining myself again” “why do you always question me” “why do you always complain about medication”. Very rude! Take It from me, don’t waste your time or money!
  • Difficult to schedule appointment
  • Appointment was rushed
  • Didn't listen or answer questions
  • Didn't explain conditions well
Sep 09, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Teresita Brothers, MD?
PLEASE DO NOT TAKE YOUR CHILD TO HER SHE OVER MEDICATES PEOLPL AND PUTS THEM IN GREAT DANGER!!!!She is always late does not care for your time most time you have to wait 2hrs pus to see her. She is incompetent and extremely rude. THE POSITVE RATINGS SHE HAS SHE PROBABLY WROTE THEM HERSELF!!!!!
Jun 08, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Teresita Brothers, MD?
Late, rude, unprofessional, and incompetent
SM – Apr 08, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Teresita Brothers, MD?
Dr. Brothers is a no-nonsense, brilliant professional woman doctor, whom my daughter and I have been faithfully seeing for years. She cares enough to be thorough and catch up with client's on the latest behavioral issue going on in their lives. She does not just prescribe and send you out the door! My daughter's bipolar has been disabling, but Dr. Brothers has been tireless in working to stabalize her. We trust her. She is outstanding.
Adkins, TX – Feb 13, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Teresita Brothers, MD?
I would not recommend this lady. She is very rude. After seeing my son and having minimal interaction with him, she was ready to medicate him. I was hesitant about medicating him and she became very snappy and rude. Overall, our experience was awful. It wasn't a welcoming environment for children and her office is a disaster. The 1+ wait was not worth it, looking elsewhere.
San Antonio, TX – Nov 14, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Teresita Brothers, MD?
If you're looking for a no-questions-asked refill on your medication, or are completely fine with a 15-minute evaluation of your child, there are plenty of deplorable revolving-door psychologists who will gladly take you on as a patient. Teresa Brothers is not that kind of doctor. Dr. Brothers is an honorable, thorough and caring PSYCHIATRIST who actually takes the time to know her patients, to better understand them, to better diagnose them. She is the most competent physician I know.
  • Long wait times
San Antonio, TX – Oct 11, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Teresita Brothers, MD?
Awful punctuality. Walks in the door over an hour late EVERY SINGLE TIME. Office partners REFUSE to do ANYTHING about her timeliness or mannerisms.
  • Difficult to schedule appointment
  • Staff wasn't friendly
  • Long wait times
  • Appointment was rushed
  • Didn't listen or answer questions
  • Didn't explain conditions well
May 11, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Teresita Brothers, MD?
Dr. Brothers misdiagnosed my situation. I told her what I needed and that I had been taking those meds for a number of years. She refused to refill my regular dosages and changed my medications. I ended up in the hospital because of that with over $5000 in bills. When I did see her she complained about other patients and talked about her taxes being due. Of the scores of doctors I have met, she is by far the most dangerous.
Robert Webb in San Antonio – Mar 02, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Teresita Brothers, MD?
Horrible Dr!! Will not recommend to anyone. She misdiagnosed my daughter and gave her meds that ended up hurting her.
San Antonio, TX – Nov 17, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Teresita Brothers, MD?
I would NOT recommend Dr. Brothers to anyone. The office wait is unacceptable (over 1.5 hours) and when you have a child suffering from acute anxiety, waiting in a large room full of people for that amount of time does not help. Dr. Brothers has a very clinical demeanor, no warm fuzzies in that office! She told my daughter to read a paper on Bi-Polar, which she is not, that sent my daughter into a tailspin. Our overall experience with her was tough and we moved on quickly to a different Dr.
San Antonio, TX – Sep 21, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Teresita Brothers, MD?
Terrible, terrible psychiatrist. Like all other reviews say, she will diagnose you with a mood disorder you don't have within 5 minutes (did that to me AND my brother), prescribe you tons of meds that make you feel like a zombie because she gets paid by pharmaceutical companies, blame YOU when they don't work/give you bad side effects, and maybe go off on you about personal things (You're not trying to get better; Your therapist sucks; You are won't accept that you have a mood disorder).
Angry in San Antonio, TX – Aug 10, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Teresita Brothers, MD?
Dr. Brothers is awful. At my first appointment (I came with a diagnosis from a previous doctor) she attempted throughout the appointment to force me into admitting that I had a disorder that I obviously do not. She ignored my info from my therapist and basically ignored all I said. She contradicted me and told me that I didn't know what I was feeling. Not only was she incompetent, she was also rude.
San Antonio, TX – Apr 25, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Teresita Brothers, MD?
Our first appt we were late but since she was so behind we got to stay. Her first words directed at my 12yr old were "why were you late?". I said repeatedly that we would have paid and left, no prob. I asked about weight gain and she got mad and slammed her papers down. I didn't know some answers and so I know nothing about my child. Talked on her cell almost ten min in Spanish while we sat. Extremely rude. So much more but no space. My kid walked out and I left crying I was so pissed. SHOCKED!
ANGRY SHOCKED in San Antonio, TX – Mar 02, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Teresita Brothers, MD?
Would NOT recommend to anyone. The one star is given because something is required in that space. My son, in tears, asks to go home instead of going to an appointment. We know that we will wait at least 45+ minutes even if we are her second patient of the day.
Portland, OR – Feb 16, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Teresita Brothers, MD?
She completely lacks any compassion for her patients and their families! She seriously over medicated my 19 year old son to the point he became non-responsive and we had to take him to the ER! At the next appt. my son told her he was afraid to take the medication again because of this, she immediately became very rude and cut our appt. off (after we waited 1.5 hours) and told us she refused to help him because he won't take the meds! Terrible Doctor!
San Antonio, TX – Dec 27, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Teresita Brothers, MD?
Brothers is: Always late over four hours. Very rude! Won't let you speak. Treats patients with disrespect and looks down at them. For all you know she doesn't even have a degree. She comes from another country with a supposedly education in Phsych. Doesn't seem like it since she over medicated my child who almost had a seizure then tampered with documents to clean her hands after over dosing a teen. I refuse to call her Doctor!! She is not qualified! Please be careful. Do your reaserch!
LM in Houston, TX – Aug 19, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Teresita Brothers, MD?
Very long waiting time, as the others explained. Complete lack of compassion, even when I was in tears! Constantly criticized me and told me I wasn't trying hard enough to get better.
Ria in San Antonio, TX – Aug 18, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Teresita Brothers, MD?
During any new patient appointment I have learned there is usually a bit of a wait involved. I did not expect to wait over 80 minutes past our appt time (not including the requested 15 min early) for our first visit with Dr. Brothers. At the 45 minute mark I asked the reception desk how much longer should I expect, and was told the she runs on her own schedule, but was apologetic for the wait. After another 25 minutes we left without being seen. No intention of EVER returning. HORRIBLE!
David H in San Antonio, TX – Jun 07, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Teresita Brothers, MD?
This is BY FAR the WORST dr i have ever dealt with. Waits are expected, but a 50 min wait to be seen is ridiculous. We were told, by her, if we didn't like the wait there's other drs here you could see. She was rude, wouldn't allow us to ask questions, and then cut us off to end our appt because I have 2 other patients to see and I have an appt I have to get to. After spending the majority of the appt telling us how she doesn't cut off patients if they need to speak longer!
Amanda in San Antonio, TX – May 27, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Teresita Brothers, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Brothers?

• Child & Adolescent Psychiatry