Dr. Teo-Carlo Straun, MD

Dr. Teo-Carlo Straun, MD

Addiction Psychiatry  ·
Dr. Teo-Carlo Straun, MD is an addiction psychiatry specialist in Berlin, CT and has been practicing for 6 years. He graduated from Robert Wood Johnso Med Sch in 2007 and specializes in addiction psychiatry, counseling, and more.

279 New Britain Rd Ste A

Berlin, CT 06037

• We do not accept health insurance

No malpractice claims found for Connecticut

Check if Dr. Straun treats your condition or procedure

Dr. Straun's conditions and procedures:

• ADHD and-or ADD
  • Adjustment Disorder
  • Alcoholism (Alcohol Dependence)
  • Auricular Acupuncture
  • Opioid Dependence
  • Paranoid Personality Disorder
  • Persistent Anxiety
  • Personality Disorders
  • Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
  • Psychiatric Diseases
  • Psychotic Disorders
  • Schizophrenia
  • Suicidal Ideation

It is the sincere belief of our practice that it is the RELATIONSHIP between health care provider and patient that greatly influences care. Through a one-on-one, patient-centered model clinical staff provides specialized care and treatment plans to e...

• Addiction Psychiatry

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Straun

Dr. Straun?
Dr. Straun's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Teo-Carlo Straun, MD
This is a most knowledgable and caring physician
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Teo-Carlo Straun, MD?
I walked through Dr Straun's office door a broken man. Without so much as a glimmer of hope to end my addiction much less live through the next year. I had tried Dr after Dr after Dr with no results. I was a chronic relapser and could not stay clean. I'm so happy to say that after the first visit with Dr Straun I had a hope that I was very unfamiliar with .The thing I'm the proudest of is that since that first visit I have not relapsed. Dr Straun and his team saved my life. Thank you!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Teo-Carlo Straun, MD?
Dr. Straun is the man. He treated me like a person, not just a patient. He is extremely compassionate but does much more than simply listen. He takes overall health into account to fix the cause of the issues. He will get you feeling like you did before everything went down hill. I owe him my life. Isabel the receptionist is very kind and helpful as well. 5 stars all around
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Teo-Carlo Straun, MD?
I have been seeing Dr. Straun for over a year and honestly he's the best doctor I have had. He's very easy to talk and relate to and very assessable. He's also knowledgeable on traditional and alternative treatments which for me is a huge positive. I would recommend him to anybody.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Teo-Carlo Straun, MD?
Everything was going well until I caught him in a lie. He got extremely defensive and childish about it. He either avoided or deflected every question I asked him. He gets condescending and pretentious when proven wrong. He's not this miracle worker everyone claims him to be. To be completely honest, he was flat out irresponsible with my treatment. At my most vulnerable point he treated me like crap over a petty argument. What kind of doctor does that with a suicidal patient? You can do better!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Teo-Carlo Straun, MD?
Dr. Straun saved me. I am 26 years old. At 23, my opiate addiction started to ruin my life and compromise everything that mattered to me. I attempted to quit opiates on my own, but I relapsed after a few months. Dr Straun began helping me immediately when I called. Through Cognitive Behavior Therapy, medication and unconditional support, I've been opiate free for TWO YEARS! If you have a problem, Dr. Straun can help you turn your life around like he did with me.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Teo-Carlo Straun, MD?
My experience with Dr Straun is very positive, he approach is unique. To start he evaluated the meds that I was on and also my physical condition where I had 3 spinal operations. I was getting meds from 4 different Dr's , he made adjustments. At point he works with me to resolve issues. Dr Straung is very passionate and it's a personable approach not do as I say.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Teo-Carlo Straun, MD?
When I first started seeing Dr. Straun I was a mess. My life was falling apart and I felt hopeless. Dr. Straun gave me the tools I needed to get out of the gutter. He is full of knowledge, patience and most of all, compassion. Even when I would mess up he had compassion. He turned my failures into learning experiences and a spark to keep striving. Life isn't perfect but I am optimistic. I can't thank Dr. Straun enough for saving my life. He is the best human being I know.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Teo-Carlo Straun, MD?
Dr. Straun may have in all reality saved my life in many ways. My three chief problems were PTSD. opiate abuse and depression. Through his experience. education and caring attitude we worked together to turn my life around. I would recommend him to any person that needs help. He doesn't just treat drug abuse but mental and physical also. Thank you Dr. You changed my life.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Teo-Carlo Straun, MD?
I've been to countless recovery doctors and facilities and dr.straun is unlike any other. He has had the biggest impact on my life compared to any other substance abuse program. I highly recommend dr.straun if you want to change your life for the better
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Teo-Carlo Straun, MD?
Through my life I've seen many different doctors and therapists especially for suboxone and Doctor Straun is the only one who doesn't punish you should you slip up some. His methods are unlike anyone I've ever seen and approaches recovery from several angles. Psychological, biological, spiritually and also through nutrition. If you haven't had success with other doctors or if you're seeking your first, I strongly recommend Doctor Straun.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Teo-Carlo Straun, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Straun?

Straun Health & Wellness

• Sat: closed
    • Sat: closed

Insurance accepted

Medicaid
We do not accept health insurance

Check the quality of care at hospitals where Dr. Straun treats patients.