Addiction Psychiatry  |
Dr. Teo-Carlo Straun, MD
Dr. Teo-Carlo Straun, MD is an addiction psychiatry doctor who practices in East Berlin, CT. He is 39 years old and has been practicing for 10 years. Dr. Straun is affiliated with Yale - New Haven Hospital and UMass Memorial Medical Center.

1224 Mill St Bldg B

East Berlin, CT 06023

• We do not accept health insurance

Learn about Dr. Straun

It is the sincere belief of our practice that it is the RELATIONSHIP between health care provider and patient that greatly influences care. Through a one-on-one, patient-centered model clinical staff provides specialized care and treatment plans to every patient. Our practice subscribes to a balanced approach to treatment, going beyond symptom relief and seeking to help patients find ways to revitalize their lives so that they are able to thrive in all of their endeavors.

Dr. Straun's Experience

Dr. Straun's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Addiction Psychiatry

• Psychiatry
    Accredited by: American Board of Psychiatry & Neurology*

• ADHD and-or ADD
  • Adjustment Disorder
  • Alcoholism (Alcohol Dependence)
  • Bipolar Disorder
  • Opioid Dependence
  • Paranoid Personality Disorder
  • Persistent Anxiety
  • Personality Disorders
  • Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
  • Psychiatric Diseases
  • Psychotic Disorders
  • Schizophrenia
  • Suicidal Ideation

• Auricular Acupuncture

No malpractice history found for Connecticut.

• Robert Wood Johnso Med Sch
    Medical School | Graduated 2007
  • University Of Massachusetts Medical School
    Internship Hospital | Completed 2008
  • University Of Massachusetts Medical School
    Residency Hospital | Completed 2011
  • Yale School Of Medicine
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 2013

Dr. Straun has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Straun does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Straun and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Straun's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Straun to family and friends
Dr. Straun's Performance
I have been seeing Dr. Straun for over a year and honestly he's the best doctor I have had. He's very easy to talk and relate to and very assessable. He's also knowledgeable on traditional and alternative treatments which for me is a huge positive. I would recommend him to anybody.
Unionville, CT |
Everything was going well until I caught him in a lie. He got extremely defensive and childish about it. He either avoided or deflected every question I asked him. He gets condescending and pretentious when proven wrong. He's not this miracle worker everyone claims him to be. To be completely honest, he was flat out irresponsible with my treatment. At my most vulnerable point he treated me like crap over a petty argument. What kind of doctor does that with a suicidal patient? You can do better!
in MA |
Dr. Straun saved me. I am 26 years old. At 23, my opiate addiction started to ruin my life and compromise everything that mattered to me. I attempted to quit opiates on my own, but I relapsed after a few months. Dr Straun began helping me immediately when I called. Through Cognitive Behavior Therapy, medication and unconditional support, I've been opiate free for TWO YEARS! If you have a problem, Dr. Straun can help you turn your life around like he did with me.
in Berlin ct |
My experience with Dr Straun is very positive, he approach is unique. To start he evaluated the meds that I was on and also my physical condition where I had 3 spinal operations. I was getting meds from 4 different Dr's , he made adjustments. At point he works with me to resolve issues. Dr Straung is very passionate and it's a personable approach not do as I say.
in New Haven, CT |
When I first started seeing Dr. Straun I was a mess. My life was falling apart and I felt hopeless. Dr. Straun gave me the tools I needed to get out of the gutter. He is full of knowledge, patience and most of all, compassion. Even when I would mess up he had compassion. He turned my failures into learning experiences and a spark to keep striving. Life isn't perfect but I am optimistic. I can't thank Dr. Straun enough for saving my life. He is the best human being I know.
in Berlin, CT |
Dr. Straun may have in all reality saved my life in many ways. My three chief problems were PTSD. opiate abuse and depression. Through his experience. education and caring attitude we worked together to turn my life around. I would recommend him to any person that needs help. He doesn't just treat drug abuse but mental and physical also. Thank you Dr. You changed my life.
in middletown, ct |
I've been to countless recovery doctors and facilities and dr.straun is unlike any other. He has had the biggest impact on my life compared to any other substance abuse program. I highly recommend dr.straun if you want to change your life for the better
in Cheshire, Ct |
Through my life I've seen many different doctors and therapists especially for suboxone and Doctor Straun is the only one who doesn't punish you should you slip up some. His methods are unlike anyone I've ever seen and approaches recovery from several angles. Psychological, biological, spiritually and also through nutrition. If you haven't had success with other doctors or if you're seeking your first, I strongly recommend Doctor Straun.
Have you seen Dr. Teo-Carlo Straun, MD?
Are you Dr. Straun?