Dr. Tejinder Saini, MD

PsychiatryMaleAge 66

Psychiatry

Dr. Tejinder Saini, MD is a Psychiatry Specialist in Southaven, MS and has over 43 years of experience in the medical field. Dr. Saini has extensive experience in Psychotic Disorders, Addiction & Substance Abuse, and Neurodevelopmental Disorders. He graduated from Govt Med Coll medical school in 1979. He is affiliated with medical facilities Magnolia Regional Health Center and Methodist University Hospital. His office accepts new patients and telehealth appointments.

Dr. Tejinder Saini, MD

Health Quest PC

6857 Cobblestone Blvd Southaven, MS 38672 ()
Telehealth services available

Telehealth available

Healthgrades Provider Compare™

Quickly compare more Psychiatry Specialists in your area

• Offers Telehealth
  • Recent Reviews
    Reviews made in the last 30 days. See reviews
  • Hospital Satisfaction

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice claims information for Mississippi

Frequently Treated by Dr. Saini

Based on treatment records, we have identified the following as areas of care that Dr. Saini treats more often than their peers. If you are unsure whether Dr. Saini treats other conditions, please contact the office at (901) 566-1002.

Psychotic Disorders

Psychotic disorders specialists diagnose and treat conditions that cause severe mental symptoms and disconnection from reality, such as schizophrenia, delusional disorder, and substance-induced psychosis.Compare with other Psychotic Disorders specialists.

Dr. Saini is experienced in the area of Psychotic Disorders. See the graph below to learn more about his experience.

Based on claims data for 9 conditions and procedures

Psychosis Due to Mental Illness
Schizophreniform and Schizoaffective Disorder
Schizoaffective Disorder
Schizophrenia

Addiction & Substance Abuse

Addiction and substance abuse specialists diagnose and treat people who have become physically dependent or addicted to drugs and alcohol through treatments including counseling, detoxifcation, inpatient rehabilitation, and medication.Compare with other Addiction & Substance Abuse specialists.

Dr. Saini is experienced in the area of Addiction & Substance Abuse. See the graph below to learn more about his experience.

Based on claims data for 23 conditions and procedures

Tobacco Use Disorder
Nondependent Drug and Alcohol Abuse
Drug-Induced Mental Disorders
Nondependent Cocaine Abuse

Neurodevelopmental Disorders

Compare with other Neurodevelopmental Disorders specialists.

Dr. Saini is experienced in the area of Neurodevelopmental Disorders. See the graph below to learn more about his experience.

Based on claims data for 5 conditions and procedures

• Adjustment Disorder
  • Alcohol Misuse Screening and Counseling
  • Alcohol or Substance Misuse Screening and Counseling
  • Alcohol-Induced Mental Disorders
  • Alcoholism (Alcohol Dependence)
  • Amphetamine and Other Psychostimulant Dependence
  • Bipolar Disorder
  • Borderline Personality Disorder
  • Bulimia
  • Cocaine Addiction
  • Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
  • Combination Drug Dependence
  • Conduct Disorder
  • Conversion Disorder
  • Cyclothymia (Chronic Mood Disorder)
  • Delusional Disorder
  • Dementia or Depression Screening
  • Depersonalization Disorder
  • Developmental and Learning Disorders
  • Dissociative Disorder
  • Dissociative, Conversion, and Factitious Disorders
  • Drug and Alcohol Dependence
  • Drug-Induced Mental Disorders
  • Dysthymia (Chronic Depression)
  • Dysthymia and Cyclothymia (Mood Disorders)
  • Eating Disorders
  • Electroconvulsive Therapy (ECT)
  • Emotional Disturbances of Childhood and Adolescence
  • Nondependent Drug and Alcohol Abuse
  • Nondependent Marijuana Abuse
  • Nondependent Opioid Abuse
  • Nondependent Sedative, Hypnotic, or Anxiolytic Abuse
  • Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
  • Obsessive-Compulsive Personality Disorder (OCPD)
  • Opioid Dependence
  • Personality Disorders
  • Phobia
  • Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
  • Psychiatric Evaluation
  • Psychological Evaluation
  • Psychological Evaluations Prior to Bariatric Surgery
  • Psychosis
  • Psychosis Due to Mental Illness
  • Psychotherapy and Psychophysiological Therapy (incl. Biofeedback)
  • Schizoaffective Disorder
  • Schizophrenia
  • Schizophreniform and Schizoaffective Disorder
  • Sedative, Hypnotic, or Anxiolytic Dependence
  • Somatoform Disorders
  • Speech, Language and Learning Disorders
  • Suicidal Ideation
  • Tobacco Use Disorder
  • Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation (TMS)

Dr. Saini accepts

Dr. Saini accepts the following insurance:

Ambetter

Dr. Saini's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Saini

2.7

Absolutely Amazing
Dr. Saini is a true gift! I was admitted to the hospital for tremors, lower extremity paralysis and slurred speech. However, prior one of the ER docs accused me of faking (for over 12 hrs). Dr. Saini was brought in to evaluate me after I was admitted by another MD (after my husband demanded help). Dr. Saini believed me when others rolled their eyes at me! He proved to other MDs that I was NOT having psychiatric problems, was NOT faking and instead WAS having LEGITIMATE NEUROLOGICAL EPISODES that the quacks just couldn’t figure out. This man has truly saved my life and helped ensure a plan was set for my future health. I am now being referred (by my neurologist) to Vanderbilt’s Undiagnosed Disease Program funded by the National Organization for Rare Diseases.
Not a quack fan – May 02, 2022
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Tejinder Saini, MD?
I would not recommend to my worst enemy.
Firstly, you cannot get in touch with the doctor. He writes prescriptions, and when customers run out of medication, he will not refill the medication until the next visit which leaves the patient imbalanced between time although he told my husband to call for refills if he runs out before the next appointment that his staff made. That would be fine if his medical assistant would return calls, and we could get refills. Ive left several messages for the past 2 days! No one calls back. It just shows that the doctor nor his staff genuinely cares about the mental welfare of their patients. Following up and returning calls is a crucial part of a patient mental care. No one really cares nowadays. The doctors see patients, not as individuals with different issues, but just a chart or a number that equals a nice car, vacations etc. They can care less about their paternal welfare. It’s sad. It’s hard if not impossible to find a good doctor who is genuine in the Memphis area.
Flowers – Apr 12, 2022
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Tejinder Saini, MD?
He is the by far one of the best Psychiatrists I have ever seen and really does care about his patients! I'm glad to have a medical Doctor like him!
Oct 24, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Tejinder Saini, MD?
I’d never recommend him to anyone, he’s already to busy an doesn’t even see me for actual appointments—-he has u talk to other workers then he’ll pop in 3minutes at the most and tell the helper what to do about meds. Maybe he should slow down opening new locations & actually provide caring helping services at locations he already has. The office messes up appointments on the regular, they either don’t put them in computer at all or they change day or time after giving u appointment & just text u a few days before with new appointment info. I’ve been without meds a couple times because of them.
Haller – Sep 17, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Tejinder Saini, MD?
Dr Saini is one of the best psychiatrists I've ever seen, and I've seen several very good ones here in my 45-year struggle with depression. I've been seeing him for about 15 years, and I think depression would have taken over my life if not for him. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend him to anyone. I agree somewhat that when you first see him, he can be off putting, but that may be just his reaction to meeting new people. After seeing him a few times, he became very warm, genial, and concerned, asking me about all aspects of my life, not just the ones strongly influenced by depression. I also agree that his administrative staff are not always the most organized, but in my view, that has nothing to do with his treatment of me. Anecdotally, his knowledge of and advice about addiction disorders in general in family members (whom he is not treating) is spot on.
Catherine – Aug 01, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Tejinder Saini, MD?
I called to get an appointment to see Dr. Saini, but I had to leave a message. I waited 6 hours and no one called. I called back and tried to schedule an appointment, but he is booked and then on vacation. I have one week left of medicine, but I can't see him for more weeks.They will not let me see another doctor.
Jan 28, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Tejinder Saini, MD?
I'm 49 years old and have seen many doctors in my lifetime, Dr Saini and his staff take #1 on my list of the most unorganized, uncommunicative and disrespectful clinics. You will wait three hours to be seen for 2-5 minutes at the most. If you have questions, he won't waste his time. One visit, I decided to ask him about how he is doing and he talked for 30 minutes. Unbelievable! I called at least 30 times out of two months, 40 working days, and they never answered the phone, plus the voice mail is ALWAYS full. When I finally got through to change my appointment, it took three months to get it rescheduled. It never ends, Iit has now been over 30 days to sign a prescription form from my insurance. Three times the nurse said she would do it. Absolutely ridiculous. Don't waste your breath here, because all you will be doing is wasting your patience, time & money. A bunch of amateurs.
Dissatisfied – Jul 10, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Tejinder Saini, MD?
I have acute anxiety with borderline paranoia and was referred to Dr. Saini by my primary care doctor to prescribe my anxiety meds.First appt.he was arrogant and overbearing and after mentioning his attitude to staff,I am now seeing a nurse practitioner who asks " how is the medicine working?" and writes a new script.This is my pyschiatric therapy???? I had a wonderful therapist who left for another office two months ago and I was told they would assign me to a new therapist-still waiting for th
Apr 04, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Tejinder Saini, MD?
Yet again my wife and I have been trying to contact his office or have someone from his office contact us. There has been absolutely no response. We are going on 52 hours from the first attempt! This has become normal for this office. The mailboxes are always full. Email sent with no results. Other doctors at healthquest have even tried to contact him on our behalf and still no results. This is a joke! How can you not have been sued out of everything by now?
Jason in Southaven , MS – Aug 24, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Tejinder Saini, MD?
Dr. Saini is a wonderful doctor. He listens and works with you to not only create a plan of treatment but he also makes sure the treatment is working! I have referred others including family members to Dr. Saini and all are very happy.
Dee – Aug 16, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Tejinder Saini, MD?
Great doctor but DO NOT go to Parkwood B.H.S. IN HOPING TO GET TREATED FOR BI-POLAR.MOST OF THE 3-11 STAFF WAS RUDE!!!!!! ESPECIALLY COURTNEY.......
Cynthia Blanton in Winona, MS – May 01, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Tejinder Saini, MD?
Dr T Sani, practice standard of care only. No care for patient and sees patient for insurance only. Horrible individual with a pyramid below him. Try Saint Francis hospital or anything outside health quest/ Monet only bunch plus to get nothing you need.
Joh Middleton in Memphis – Aug 25, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Tejinder Saini, MD?
I have been a patient of Dr. Saini for 10 years. A little hard to get his attention sometimes or so it seems but I have a hunch he is really listening to everything very well. I feel like he knows my condition and cares for me. The best care you will get from him is in patient though. The few times I had a really bad time of it I would check into Parkwood in Olive Branch, Ms. under his care. He gets to know you much better there. Even if you don't go there he will take excellent care of you.
Olive Branch, MS – Jul 26, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Tejinder Saini, MD?
Dr Saini sees my grandmother and has always taken the time to listen to my concerns and explains treatment options as well as possible side effects. The waiting rooms can be a little overcrowded and hectic, but Dr Saini has never rushed us through an appointment.
Kim in Memphis, TN – May 12, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Tejinder Saini, MD?
I really liked Dr. Saini, he was very nice and listened to my concerns. When I was interested in other options for medications, he discussed it with me and we weighed the pros and cons and decided together. I appreciate that he took me into consideration and let me take part in finding resolutions.
Amanda B in Cordova, TN – Mar 12, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Tejinder Saini, MD?
He has been rude and critical of me because I ask questions about my son's care and medications. Has also made very sarcastic statements to my granddaughter when she takes my son for his appointments because she relates concerns that we have about the changes in my son.
Juanita Gillard in Memphis, TN – Feb 18, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Tejinder Saini, MD?
Dr. Saini would not listen to my concerns. He took the opinion of another staff member even tough I was the person that knew my need. Front desk staff were friendly and professional. However the LSW was deceptive and unwilling to provide accurate information.
Millington, TN – Jan 07, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Tejinder Saini, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Saini?