Dr. Tawfiq Alam, MD

GastroenterologyMaleAge 63

Telehealth services available
17521 St Lukes Way Ste 190 The Woodlands, TX 77384

Dr. Tawfiq Alam, MD is a Gastroenterology Specialist in The Woodlands, TX. Dr. Alam has more experience with Pancreatic Disease, Esophageal Disorders, and Anal & Rectal Disorders than other specialists in his area. He is affiliated with medical facilities such as Hca Houston Healthcare Conroe and Houston Methodist The Woodlands Hospital. He is accepting new patients and has indicated that he accepts telehealth appointments. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Alam to book an appointment.

Compare with other Gastroenterology Specialists

Compare Dr. Alam with our nearby Gastroenterology Specialists at HCA Houston Healthcare Conroe.

Make an appointment at HCA Houston Healthcare Conroe today at (281) 417-4665.

These providers are on the medical staff of HCA Houston Healthcare Conroe.

Dr. Alam's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Alam

3.8

Dr. Alam

I'd been working with Dr Alam for 3-1/2 - 4 months. He was recommended by my GP. It's been difficult on an administrative level. It's very rare for someone to answer the phone. They recommend a text for faster service but getting a return text is hit or miss at best. I had an urgent need to communicate with them recently and received no response. As a result, I had to postpone a test for 3 additional weeks and my pain continues. One time Dr Alam became irritated with my for asking too many questions. I'm currently searching for a GI who can help me.
Curtis Langhans – Oct 07, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Tawfiq Alam, MD?
DR. ALAM IS GREAT WITH GOOD BED SIDE MANNERS. WOULD RECOMMEND TO ANYONE.
JANET – Mar 24, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Tawfiq Alam, MD?
Just had a my routine 50 colonoscopy. I couldn't be more happy with how the process went. We did a TeleHealth visit prior to. The facility was top-notch and when I woke up it was like if nothing happened. Definitely recommended to family and friends!
Mar 24, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Tawfiq Alam, MD?
took great care of my husband. very explanatory. Never had any issues with staff, all were very nice
W.Penney wife – Apr 11, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Tawfiq Alam, MD?
Dr Alam has been taking great care of me for several years. He and his office staff are professional, caring people who get things done right, the first time. They are a ‘top shelf’ group that has changed my life in a major, positive way. I look forward to my visits with them.
Raymond Oliverson – Oct 05, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Tawfiq Alam, MD?
My experience sucked! I would not recommend him. I had a lot of trouble getting my medications and the staff is some of the rudest l have ever seen in a doctor office.
Sharon in Conroe, TX – Jan 20, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Tawfiq Alam, MD?
I went to him early last year and before l started with him l told him and the staff what medications l had been on for many years . The one med is not one many patients take so l wanted to make sure l could still get it if l changed doctors and saw him. They said no problem with me getting the medications. So l went to see him. After that l had all kinds of problems getting my medications. The staff didn't know what they were doing. I had to walk them thru it with ins. Got another doctor QUICK!
Sharon in Conroe, TX – Jan 20, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Tawfiq Alam, MD?
Dr. Alam was to perform a regular colonoscopy on me. There were complications when I stopped breathing, Head/chin lift tilt was performed that left me with neck and back injury and lots of medical cost. Dr. Alam did not tell me or my husband of the complications and when I scheduled a follow up appointment for my biopsy results I was told I did not need to come in to come back in 5 years. I have left several messages for him and no response. I contacted the hospital and medical board. Horrible
May 29, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Tawfiq Alam, MD?
dr alam is a great doctor he helped me thru a very tough time after removing several polyps we still had some blood in my stool he did a proceedure where they go in through your mouth and int the stomach although i never have heartburn my stomach was producing too much acid we had several spots in my stomach that the acid had caused some bleeding he did biopsy's and all was good he prescribed a medication and we were good.we did another colonoscopy today and no more polyps ,
Apr 19, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Tawfiq Alam, MD?
The emergency room doctor told me urgent for me to see Gasto. I scheduled an appointment and went to the office and there was no one there. Answering service after 3 tries finally gets in touch with DR and he said he was closed today and would be there tomorrow. I rescheduled for the next day and received an email late in the evening stating the office would call me to reschedule for over a week from now. VERY UNPROFESSIONAL!!! Wasted my time I could have actually been seeing a DR.
  • Long wait times
Dec 27, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Tawfiq Alam, MD?
Staff is very unprofessional. I got connected to voice mail twice before finishing inquiry. They do not listen to you, they bill medicare with wrong codes leaving patient to pay hundreds of dollars.
John in Montgomery, TX – Nov 10, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Tawfiq Alam, MD?
I was very impressed with Dr. Alams performance and kindness. Dr. Alam helped me understand my condtion and answered all of my questions with no hesitation. His staff was very professional and courteous. I feel that I made one of the best selections when choosing a Gastroenterologist.
Conroe, TX – Sep 19, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Tawfiq Alam, MD?
I have been a patient for many years. He is a great Dr and his staff is super friendly.
Conroe, TX – Jul 12, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Tawfiq Alam, MD?
Alam gets right to the point! He performed my colonoscopy and endoscopy very professionally. He found the problem and prescribed the correct medication. I feel better physically and mentally. I want to give a big thanks to him and his staff!!!
Jason Siros in Conroe, tx – May 03, 2017
Thank you Jason! We appreciate your kind words....Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Tawfiq Alam, MD?
I had never had a colonoscopy done before, and at 67, I was not anxious to change my record, but my personal doctor had different ideas. I had been treated for acid reflux for many yrs., and so, it was decided to have both the endoscopy and the colonoscopy done at the same time. I had it done at Memorial Herman as an outpatient, and it was not big deal. The worst part was the drinking of the preparation the evening before...yuk, but again, not big deal. Better than cancer anyday. Dr. Alam,
Glenda S. Walker in The Woodlands, Tx. – Mar 31, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Tawfiq Alam, MD?
My experience with Dr. Alam in the hospital was great. He came in and had the nurses immediatly start treating me with what I needed. by the time I left the hospital I was feeling much much better. Now that I see him in his office for my regular check ups I couldn't be happier.The girls that work for him are all such sweet hearts! Happy to have found my go-to gastro doc!
Froyina in The Woodlands, TX – Jun 17, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Tawfiq Alam, MD?
Staff at Apollo Hospital never questioned my husband about the effectiveness of the bowel prep for a colonoscopy. We learned after the fact that he could have had an enema prior to the procedure, but this was not offered. The colonoscopy was a complete failure due the fact that the colon was not ready even though instructions for the prep were followed to the letter. This is completely unacceptable to have a patient undergo all of this trouble w/no results when it could have been avoided.
Conroe, TX – Jun 03, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Tawfiq Alam, MD?
It is incredible the way we were treated I am still not able to work and the attitude given was that not really caring .NO ONE ASKED WHY we were leaving .Even Dr Alam.My husband call twice to the office on the day of last test ,one of those were to a answering service and still have not gotten calls back.This was the must unprofessional office I have ever been. I will find a real Doctor to Help me figure out why I am still in same condition as before surgery. I will be sending Google review
  • Long wait times
Laurie ille in Montgomery texas – Feb 04, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Tawfiq Alam, MD?
Dr. Alam gave samples of a new medication for IBS, & took blood. Make a SIX MONTH, follow up appointment and no one ever called about the blood work. Meanwhile, still very sick at stomach, which he dismissed during appointment and only focused on IBS. After a long wait in the waiting room, he spent possibly 5 minutes in the room. He shows no compassion and makes you feel as if you are wasting his time.
donnaparker49 in Conroe, TX – Jan 20, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Tawfiq Alam, MD?
He and the folks at St. Lukes were extremely professional. Very pleased with the Doctor and the quality of care I received.
Earl in Montgomery TX – Jan 02, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Tawfiq Alam, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Alam?

• Gastroenterology